Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Watched Come From Away last night. Saw it in London a couple of years ago and had to catch it whilst touring in Cardiff. Just so damn good. Think it may well be my favourite musical/ show. Even those who hate musicals I challenge you not to be moved watching this

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Watched Come From Away last night. Saw it in London a couple of years ago and had to catch it whilst touring in Cardiff. Just so damn good. Think it may well be my favourite musical/ show. Even those who hate musicals I challenge you not to be moved watching this

Same.

We had a spot of luck, two empty seats in front of us, so excellent views from big modern comfy seats.

Yep, thought it was excellent.

• Like 1

Sorry @Rds1983.

Just a bad / bad taste joke about what she was prepping for you to relax for after getting the kids out of the way. 

I'm going to blame the illness fever. 🤒

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sorry @Rds1983.

Just a bad / bad taste joke about what she was prepping for you to relax for after getting the kids out of the way. 

I'm going to blame the illness fever. 🤒

Don't worry. Not offended, was just confused as had no idea what you were on about. Guess I'm not as familiar with that kinda stuff as you 😉

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Don't worry. Not offended, was just confused as had no idea what you were on about. Guess I'm not as familiar with that kinda stuff as you 😉

Dunno, my mate Stefan was telling me about it. 

The guy who was my doctor, who I have to see on quite a regular basis, has changed position. Great guy. He used to wear light blue scrubs. Now he  is my advanced clinical practioner. The only thing that has changed are the colour of his scrubs. 

They are now Claret top and light blue trousers. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, colhint said:

One thing that has cheered me up in the discourse on transgender is, loads of idiots will finally understand what a pronoun is.

They don't, though. You only have to mention the word 'pronoun' and they think you're talking about trans issues. 

2 hours ago, colhint said:

One thing that has cheered me up in the discourse on transgender is, loads of idiots will finally understand what a pronoun is.

Yeah, I love nouns me.  100% pronoun.

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Have taken my 6 year old son down to Devon for a few days and were staying in a hotel. Popped to the Brewers Fayre next door for their unlimited breakfast (quality ain't great but never mind).

The staff are now giving us looks as we've been here an hour and he's taking a break to do some colouring before getting more food.

So far he's had a slice of toast, a bowl of special K, a bowl of coco pops, a crumpet, a croissant, a pan au chocolate, a pancake and a bowl of fruit/yoghurt. He says he's building up to the cooked breakfast. 

No idea where he puts it all.

Thoroughly abusing the kids eat free policy.

ShsSEYbimqwa.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's just gone up for cooked food. I asked how many sausages he wants and he replied "just 3 please".

Feel I should stress that we don't normally let him eat like this.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

He's just gone up for cooked food. I asked how many sausages he wants and he replied "just 3 please".

Feel I should stress that we don't normally let him eat like this.

Sometime tomorrow he's going to shit for England :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not sure. He probably should've started with a bowl of Bran Flakes.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, bickster said:

His aunt's looking after him tomorrow so that's absolutely fine by me.

The 'for England ' bit has also given me a horrific mental image of this being an Olympic sport.

Edited by Rds1983
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The 'for England ' bit has also given me a horrific mental image of this being an Olympic sport.

That would be for Team GB, Commonwealth sport maybe :D 

15 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Maybe we can bring Gary Linekar out of retirement.

Â