Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

37 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Giant spider just walked across the room, I’d say it was around the size of a small to medium sized dog.

I picked it up, walked outside and plopped it down where it can easily get in to the garage.

Man status renewed for another month.

daily-mix-2265-44.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

(Chrisp's 'dog size' one may have been 2 or 3 inches across, max)

Congratulations, you appear to have the same eyesight defect my nipper has.

I’ve described it as a world record, possibly a new species and I should advise the military, nipper says medium to large house spider.

• Haha 1

The boy has moved on from his Madness phase (that’s the band not an intention to vote Green )  and now got into The Beatles so last night was yellow submarine and tonight we watched across the universe 

I watched both with a grin on my face just knowing it would piss Bicks off when I came here to post it 

My spider story ..

was in a hotel in China and saw a movement out the corner of my eye ... massive great spider , it being China I couldn’t decide if it was likely to cause me harm so I thought I’d trap it in something and chuck it outside ... nearest suitable object was the ice bucket , trouble is the spider was bigger than the ice bucket by some considerable margin , so instead I opted for the rolled up newspaper approach ... spider sorta laughed at me but ran off back up into the ceiling area... little while later it comes back so I whack it again with the newspaper and it runs off under the bed , I’m on the floor moving the bed etc when like a bad horror film I see a giant spider shadow on the wall , turns out mr spider is crawling over the bed side light ,ready to pounce as far as my imagination was by then concerned ... as newspaper wasn’t working i upgraded to the Chengdu version of the yellow pages and suffice to say spider problem was no more 

I kinda felt bad but hey if your gonna spider go spider in a forest not my hotel room 

obvious candidate would be a huntsman which I know now to be harmless but I dunno    I’ve seen smaller elephants than this thing !! 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

The boy has moved on from his Madness phase (that’s the band not an intention to vote Green )  and now got into The Beatles so last night was yellow submarine and tonight we watched across the universe 

I watched both with a grin on my face just knowing it would piss Bicks off when I came here to post it 

Good for him. I'm no Beatles fan but I don't mind The White Album.

Madness on the other hand, absolute **** shite.

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Anyway... took the day off. Dropped the missus off at work and... I intend to do eff all

I genuinely don't know how to do that.

Full time job, kids. I've forgotten what I used to do and whenever I have a clear-ish day feel guilty if not doing anything value added.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

No no.

You be the FIRST to sign it.

Another good reason to go first is so its easy to palm off on someone else. You don't want to be stuck with it and everyone saying they've already signed it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I genuinely don't know how to do that.

Full time job, kids. I've forgotten what I used to do and whenever I have a clear-ish day feel guilty if not doing anything value added.

Everyone needs a me day every now and again, do it, we all deserve it

My day will go like this. I will clean and listen to records, I will clean the man cave (a bit of dusting and a hoover - 15 mins tops), I will eat stuff thats bad for me that I like, I will drink coffee, I will lie in the bath for an hour, I will pick the missus up from work, have my tea and meet up with the Boy Angel for drinks and a gig tonight

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Another good reason to go first is so its easy to palm off on someone else. You don't want to be stuck with it and everyone saying they've already signed it.

F*** that, it goes back to the idiot whose bright idea it was in the first place. And they are obviously an idiot because they gave no instructions not to pass the card to me

Â