Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Getting bullied was only part of it.

But he is 26 next month, has played 118 games for us why would he should have learned not to get done like that a long time ago.

It baffles me why players that come through from the youth set up are treated so differently to players we sign.

I think it's more a case of a defender that everyone had written off had a good run in the team and all the errors of the past are forgotten. Fans will soon turn on him again if errors cost us games.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was woeful, school boy defending.

Worse than that, he's made his name here with that one crunching tackle and that's it. First thing you're taught on set pieces, attack the ball, he didn't even see the **** thing!
  • Like 1

How do you think he should have stopped him?

Let's put it this way if the roles were reversed could you see Clark getting the same header in with Dann marking him?

No because Dann is a lot stronger than Clark - that's the point. If someone is naturally stronger or faster than you, it's very hard to compete with them. Perhaps the coaching staff should have identified this and put somebody more suitable on Dann, like Richards.

• Like 1

How do you think he should have stopped him?

Let's put it this way if the roles were reversed could you see Clark getting the same header in with Dann marking him?

No because Dann is a lot stronger than Clark - that's the point. If someone is naturally stronger or faster than you, it's very hard to compete with them. Perhaps the coaching staff should have identified this and put somebody more suitable on Dann, like Richards.

As I already posted, it was only about strength once Clark had made other errors.

But if you think it is purely about strength you surely have to also think Clark isn't strong enough to be a Premier League CB?

Oh OK, just saw your previous post going in to it in more detail. 

I wouldn't say so, no (RE: Clark not being strong enough to be a CB) - he's up to the challenge against most attackers he faces, strength-wise. 

Must be stronger. Or wiser.

Do something, anything, except what he did that corner. Was flashback to a few years ago of him being bullied.

Don't get tight enough to allow him to get hold of you and carry you to the point where he heads it in.

Fall over, let him fall on top of you, he can't go through you, that's why he pushed you out the way.

Back off and have a run at the ball. What's the point in going that far out of the area, when you know the man you're marking is going to be coming back in, meaning he'll have a run at it.

He's been fine recently, but two individual errors have cost us two goals. One came from an inexperienced player, the other came from one who just has to be better by now.

• Like 1

Oh OK, just saw your previous post going in to it in more detail.

I wouldn't say so, no (RE: Clark not being strong enough to be a CB) - he's up to the challenge against most attackers he faces, strength-wise.

I'd disagree there have been numerous times when a strong striker has easily out out muscled him. Poor strikers like anichebe and ameobi have made a fool of him the last few yrs.

• Like 1

At 26 he should be the real deal.I do like Clark but he is prone to commit basic errors...as he did yesterday....twice.

At 26 he should be the real deal.I do like Clark but he is prone to commit basic errors...as he did yesterday....twice.

I been saying this for as long as I can remember. Being the defender that was able to play the most games last season due to injuries does not make him a top defender.

Once. And even that is debatable.

I agree once but there's no debate about it. Was pretty weak defending and something you would expect from a non defensive player defending a corner. Not your centre half.

Â