Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

He was poor for their first goal but otherwise I thought he had decent game. Main critism I've had from him this year is he seems to be hoofing it up the pitch a bit too much. I'm not sure if that's under instructions or just lack of movement but he needs to knock that out because it's wasting position

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was poor for their first goal but otherwise I thought he had decent game. Main critism I've had from him this year is he seems to be hoofing it up the pitch a bit too much. I'm not sure if that's under instructions or just lack of movement but he needs to knock that out because it's wasting position

I didnt make the game today but i watched it online. If the comentators didnt mention it once they must have mentioned it 100 times regards the lack of movement up front for Villa.

Baker is even worse, neither are good enough not even close to being.

You must be pretty livid at the combined 9 years of contract they've been awarded this summer.

Why would I be?

It is in the best interests of the club I support, we can't keep giving players away.

Giving them new deals protects the best interests of the club, just the same as replacing them in the starting line up does.

Trent i think there must be something personal you dislike about Clark because i dont see you posting much in the Gabby thread, especially after todays performance, not mentioning the ladt four years. And lets face it he should be the first chopped not oneof our best players from llast year

Of course it isn't personal. I named Gabby in a post in the Sherwood thread as a player that needs replacing. I don't though really post in the Gabby thread because there is nothing new to say, nobody really thinks he is good enough and I personally think he has already been replaced even if he is in the team at the moment.

Baker is even worse, neither are good enough not even close to being.

You must be pretty livid at the combined 9 years of contract they've been awarded this summer.

Why would I be?

It is in the best interests of the club I support, we can't keep giving players away.

Giving them new deals protects the best interests of the club, just the same as replacing them in the starting line up does.

Trent i think there must be something personal you dislike about Clark because i dont see you posting much in the Gabby thread, especially after todays performance, not mentioning the ladt four years. And lets face it he should be the first chopped not oneof our best players from llast year

Of course it isn't personal. I named Gabby in a post in the Sherwood thread as a player that needs replacing. I don't though really post in the Gabby thread because there is nothing new to say, nobody really thinks he is good enough and I personally think he has already been replaced even if he is in the team at the moment.

Fair enough.

I have a lot of time for Clark after his performances last year but for me he has to take stick for both goals. Simply not strong enough for the first one and for the second one he should read that the ball will come back, Amavi had the other ball covered and he ends up far too deep to get out to Sako and block the shot.

Clark had an easy ride last season , playing in his natural position when all around him had to play out of their comfort zones to do a job and got dogs abuse for being fish out of water. He is an average player with no competition no brain  and a car wreck waiting to happen, got bullied for the first caught ball watching for the second and to think some thought he was captain fantastic. It is all about position at the back get it right and it looks easy get it wrong and you end up with lunging tackles and eventually injuries.

WTF? He lost a header for the first goal against Dann. Shit happens. The second goal was a mixture of Guzan rushing (going for the winner), and Amavi believing his own hype. Nothing to do with Clark.

It was woeful, school boy defending.

Sure, he lost the battle! He can bulk up till next time. Did you see the West Ham defenders today? That is what you call mistakes.

It had very little to do with strength I'm afraid and everything to do with the basics which he still can't get right.

He got too tight, with a terrible body position and got in a situation where he was trying to back peddle and jump against an opponent coming onto the cross. Basics.

To compound it when he realised he was in trouble he tried to use strength to get out of jail only as has been shown previously he isn't that strong and can be out muscled.

So weights are going to cut this sort of mistake out of his game.

As for West Ham, yes they made mistakes as well but they don't magically cancel out Clark's or make it less of a mistake. People claim Clark improved and they are probably right but he still makes basic errors and the same ones.

Getting bullied was only part of it.

But he is 26 next month, has played 118 games for us why would he should have learned not to get done like that a long time ago.

It baffles me why players that come through from the youth set up are treated so differently to players we sign.

The difference in experience between them is actually 200 senior games, which is obviously a hell of a lot.

At 25/26, there's still a lot of room for improvement in a CB and besides that mistake, he had a solid game. I don't think you can accuse Clark of getting special treatment, the amount of stick people have given him in the past. 

It was more a general point, there can be little doubt that youth players are Judged less harshly than signed players. People are already calling Ayew a waste of money and yet Clark is being forgiven basic errors after more than 100 games.

The competitive experience between Clark and Dann isn't really relevant, the point is he has played enough games not to get done like that but it still happens.

The rest of his game was okay but when he costs us goals through his errors he will continue to get criticism.

• Like 1

Â