Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Baker is even worse, neither are good enough not even close to being.

You must be pretty livid at the combined 9 years of contract they've been awarded this summer.

Why would I be?

It is in the best interests of the club I support, we can't keep giving players away.

Giving them new deals protects the best interests of the club, just the same as replacing them in the starting line up does.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your opinion.

Obviously, like 99% of the posts on this site its opinion, if everyone put in my opinion at the end of every post it would be a little silly. In my opinion.

People can think Clark is good enough if they want but his performances and the goals he costs us suggest otherwise. Again, in my opinion to save you another post.

I'll add another post, thank you. I'm very happy your opinion isn't the same as Tim's. Now I'm done. Enjoy your day.

In your opinion.

Obviously, like 99% of the posts on this site its opinion, if everyone put in my opinion at the end of every post it would be a little silly. In my opinion.

People can think Clark is good enough if they want but his performances and the goals he costs us suggest otherwise. Again, in my opinion to save you another post.

I'll add another post, thank you. I'm very happy your opinion isn't the same as Tim's. Now I'm done. Enjoy your day.

In your opinion. Or do know Sherwood's views?

He has signed Richards ahead of Baker reducing his first team chances and has tried for Fonte and Lescott which suggests he is looking to reduce Clarks.

So in my opinion I'm far less certain Sherwood thinks all that differently.

You must be pretty livid at the combined 9 years of contract they've been awarded this summer.

Why would I be?

It is in the best interests of the club I support, we can't keep giving players away.

Giving them new deals protects the best interests of the club, just the same as replacing them in the starting line up does.

Well clearly the club could have 'protected its assets' by giving them one or two year extensions. They were both the subject of transfer bids earlier this summer, and this window isn't even closed yet, so they didn't need 4 and 5 year deals if all the purpose of doing so was to get them out the door for a fee. 

Clark is not good enough. If he was as fantastic as some make out we would not be finishing 16th/17th for the last few seasons.

People need to stop using this logic. He's not the sole reason we finished 16th/17th nor is he Superman capable of single-handedly dragging us higher up the table. This is a team game.

I find it interesting that he's suddenly not good enough after 1 mistake. Umm ok, did you completely miss last season? Does an entire season's worth of POTY performances go out the window in one game? Please.

Clark is not good enough. If he was as fantastic as some make out we would not be finishing 16th/17th for the last few seasons.

People need to stop using this logic. He's not the sole reason we finished 16th/17th nor is he Superman capable of single-handedly dragging us higher up the table. This is a team game.

I find it interesting that he's suddenly not good enough after 1 mistake. Umm ok, did you completely miss last season? Does an entire season's worth of POTY performances go out the window in one game? Please.

People also need to stop quoting the POTY award for last season. A season where we were by and large horrific. Least smelliest shit is hardly an accolade I'd want to win...again.

People also need to stop quoting the POTY award for last season. A season where we were by and large horrific. Least smelliest shit is hardly an accolade I'd want to win...again.

What nonsense. The teams awful performances last season do not detract from Clark's excellent performances.

• Like 1

What nonsense. The teams awful performances last season do not detract from Clark's excellent performances.

I guess we just have different opinions on what "excellent" looks like.

Why would I be?

Trent i think there must be something personal you dislike about Clark because i dont see you posting much in the Gabby thread, especially after todays performance, not mentioning the ladt four years. And lets face it he should be the first chopped not oneof our best players from llast year

I questioned the decision after he was awarded that new deal. I asked; did the penny finally drop for him last season or did he simply get his finger out just to earn a new deal?

I'm not writing him off just because of today but, at his age, he really needs to be performing at a higher level otherwise he's surely got to face the axe.

Â