Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

He was lucky on that alright.  If Wilson had been less honest he'd have been within his rights to go down after that push in the back.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can Clark be in the worst team of the week ahead of someone like Coates, for example?

or Mertesacker or Koscielny. That 1st goal was comical

as said wouldnt worry about goal.com, thought was just the transfer rumours that was garbage

Another solid game for him aside from the goal which he should've got across quicker.

Considering the car crash he looked not so long ago he's made a lot of progress in last 18 months so much so I don't get heart murmurs when I see him on the ball.

I can see what we are trying to do by playing out the back but it's very nerve wracking to watch. Richards looks a bit more comfortable by passing out the back but it's pointless when they pass it to each other then hoof it with no target man upfront. Still, early days.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Really needs to cut out the 40yd sand wedge forward passes, think that is 5 or 6 now in the first half, each time it concedes possession.

I think that's something they work on in training, to try and get one of the forwards behind the defence. Remember the second goal against sunderland last year where gabby was sent through 1 on 1? Probably would have worked better if we were targeting Blind as Smalling was eating those up but still.

I can see what we are trying to do by playing out the back but it's very nerve wracking to watch. Richards looks a bit more comfortable by passing out the back but it's pointless when they pass it to each other then hoof it with no target man upfront. Still, early days.

dont think its as nerve wrecking as when Baker will be playing it out from the back 

think Houllier tried the same thing and its easier to watch Richards and Clark do it than Cuellar and Collins 

I think with these links to Lescott and Fonte, it's clear Clark is most at threat for the centre half position. Despite his new deal I think this is just a case of tieing down our talent and avoid another Delph situation.

Unfortunately Clark was most guilty of lumping the ball and losing possession while Richards was alot more comfortable on the ball.

I really like Clark but I do think he'll be paying more of a support role in the near future.

Baker is even worse, neither are good enough not even close to being.

In your opinion.

Obviously, like 99% of the posts on this site its opinion, if everyone put in my opinion at the end of every post it would be a little silly. In my opinion.

People can think Clark is good enough if they want but his performances and the goals he costs us suggest otherwise. Again, in my opinion to save you another post.

Â