Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

But there's not an ounce of composure or guile on the ball between them which feeds into the wider issue of hoofing the ball away and having **** all possession

That's the biggest pile of rubbish I have seen on this forum.

Welcome to the forum! You obviously haven't read many threads yet. ;)

• Like 2

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there's not an ounce of composure or guile on the ball between them which feeds into the wider issue of hoofing the ball away and having **** all possession

That's the biggest pile of rubbish I have seen on this forum.
Welcome to the forum! You obviously haven't read many threads yet. ;)

Oh don't worry, I have seen plenty of rubbish on here.

Clark can hoof the ball wherever he likes once he defends like he has recently, Clark problem before was always that he tried to be too clean on the ball in fact trying to pass out of defence or dribble past a player.

Ciaran clark= utter sh*t release him on a free lambert better not play him over okore again

Worth a bump?

Not singling you out 501. This is just an exemplar of the many Clark is Hopeless style posts in this thread!

• Like 2

To be fair, is there anyone who didn't give up on Clark?

Like many after high hopes I'd given up on him, so it's good too see him play well. If he keeps his place his next test will be when we concede earlier on in the game as previously he just seemed to fall apart, especially if it was his mistake.

I genuinely think he's realised it's last chance saloon for him at prem level. He's 25 so really not a kid anymore and more poor performances and I doubt he'd get a new deal so could only see him ending up in the championship.

I actually didn't think he was that bad last season...when alongside Vlaar. With Baker it was comedy central, no doubt the stars will align and we'll get that double act for one game this season for old times sake.

Maybe he just dovetails nicely with Okore, you get that with some centre back partnerships sometime, they just click.

• Like 1

I genuinely think he's realised it's last chance saloon for him at prem level. He's 25 so really not a kid anymore and more poor performances and I doubt he'd get a new deal so could only see him ending up in the championship.

I actually didn't think he was that bad last season...when alongside Vlaar. With Baker it was comedy central, no doubt the stars will align and we'll get that double act for one game this season for old times sake.

Maybe he just dovetails nicely with Okore, you get that with some centre back partnerships sometime, they just click.

mcnaught and evans were like that.

mcnaught and evans were like that.

For the avoidance of doubt, I think you should state here that you do not mean that Okore and Clark are anywhere near the level of Evans and McNaught.

• Like 1

Or, y'know, he's getting better with the experience he's had?  The idea that footballers' abilities are static is laughable.

Yes, there are some posters who still rated him and could see past the sloppy errors that a young(ish) defender was bound to make, and will probably make again.
  • Like 1

Clark's main weakness is playing against big strong strikers.. He seems so intent on bossing them, get's to tight and gives away silly fouls or loses out. Haven't really had that sort of striker to deal with in the last two games. I hope Albion doesn't play Anichebe a week from now. I seem to remember him looking like a world class striker up against Clark not long ago.

• Like 1

Clark's main weakness is playing against big strong strikers.. He seems so intent on bossing them, get's to tight and gives away silly fouls or loses out. Haven't really had that sort of striker to deal with in the last two games. I hope Albion doesn't play Anichebe a week from now. I seem to remember him looking like a world class striker up against Clark not long ago.

Completely agree.  Anichebe absolutely schooled Clark not so long ago - he has a real problem dealing with strength.

Yes, there are some posters who still rated him and could see past the sloppy errors that a young(ish) defender was bound to make, and will probably make again.

Fair enough. I myself interpreted the errors and the inability to learn from them as indicative of a wider lack of defensive ability. For what it's worth, I didn't write him off as a player overall, just as a defender - I had always believed that he was better suited to midfield. It has only beem three games, so Clark will have to replicate his current form over a longer period for me to change my opinion of him but it is encouraging, especially the understanding that has instantly blossomed with Okore.

• Like 1

Â