Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

How incredible would it be if Clark and Okore can establish themselves as the first choice pairing? I would've had a harder time believing that a few weeks ago than I would if I had been told that Alan Hutton would be get a new contract a year earlier! They seem to compliment each other impeccably from what we've seen over the past few games, I must say.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there's not an ounce of composure or guile on the ball between them which feeds into the wider issue of hoofing the ball away and having **** all possession

There was in the first half. But as the pressure grew, I don't blame them considering how desperate we were for a win. As confidence goes up and we get a few more wins under our belts I think they'll take more risks (Clark especially, his panicking is frustrating at times).

• Like 2

There was in the first half. But as the pressure grew, I don't blame them considering how desperate we were for a win. As confidence goes up and we get a few more wins under our belts I think they'll take more risks (Clark especially, his panicking is frustrating at times).

Do you remember how many times he got caught trying to play out in Lambert's first season? It's excusable in my opinion.

But there's not an ounce of composure or guile on the ball between them which feeds into the wider issue of hoofing the ball away and having **** all possession

Not helped by the fact the central midfield is generally less than 10 yards in front of them all game without showing for the ball.

Clark in particular - who has been lambasted for losing possession with dire consequences before - probably feels safer hoofing it than inviting more pressure on himself when his midfield turn it over cheaply in a bad area.

Edited by ozvillafan
  • Like 1

Not helped by the fact the central midfield is generally less than 10 yards in front of them all game without showing for the ball.

Clark in particular - who has been lambasted for losing possession with dire consequences before - probably feels safer hoofing it than inviting more pressure on himself when his midfield turn it over cheaply in a bad area.

Set up goal against Southampton to doing it. If midfield cant create he may as well bypass them and do it himself :)

Okore passing accuracy was 83% last night and 5 out of 6 of his long balls were accurate.

Next.

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 1

His distribution is abysmal but defensively he's been solid for the last two.

Wow let's not get carried away now. He's not faced a big centre forward, his kryptonite. Edited by Oaks

Wow let's not get carried away now. He's not faced a big centre forward, his kryptonite.

Does the 6ft 4in Pellè not count?

Not really because he's not really a bustling forward.

Wow let's not get carried away now. He's not faced a big centre forward, his kryptonite.

Does the 6ft 4in Pellè not count?

Pelle cares far to much about his hair staying in place to put himself about.

No one is getting carried away. He's been good for the last two. That's almost a fact. Seems like he'll be playing for a few weeks so let's hope he keeps it up.

• Like 1

That's the biggest pile of rubbish I have seen on this forum. I'd argue Okore is the most composed defender in the squad. When he receives the ball, he looks up and plays a pass into the centre midfielder or even better, picks out a long raking pass to the wings. His passing is very, very good for a central defender. 

That's the biggest pile of rubbish I have seen on this forum. I'd argue Okore is the most composed defender in the squad. When he receives the ball, he looks up and plays a pass into the centre midfielder or even better, picks out a long raking pass to the wings. His passing is very, very good for a central defender. 

We're talking about Clark, though, aren't we? It's a valid criticism that Clark too often just boots the ball away, even when he's not under pressure.

We're talking about Clark, though, aren't we? It's a valid criticism that Clark too often just boots the ball away, even when he's not under pressure.

BFHV was talking about both of them,I think

Â