Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Clark's best performance in a Villa shirt last for me. Both him and Okore looked solid and as good if not better than any other CB pairing this season.

He looked far more committed than our club captain in his last game and really had us organised well to stop a potent Saints attack.

Both him and Jores have earned another game against Burnley.

The midfield and attack worry me far more though.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't rate him, never have and unlikely I ever will he just isn't good enough in my book.

Credit where it is due though, he had a very good game last night.

Not remotely close to being enough to change my view on him but no way would I deny he had a good game last night.

Deserved motm and he did well. But that wasn't a real test tonight as Southampton were poor. Okore ahead of him in the pecking order after tonight Imo.

I don't think so. Both did very well, so probably the order stays the same.

I disagree. There's no reason to think that Okore was losing out to Clark because there was some kind of order. My bet is that Lambert knows perfectly well Okore is a class act, and this performance by Clark is enough to keep Clark in the picture as backup, nothing more.

I'm not sure what your conclusion is mate. Clark did well enough to continue being back up to Vlaar, Senderos and Baker, or Clark did well enough to continue being back up to Okore?

I think Lambert was forced to play Okore since Clark was the only other fit. Had one of the other three been fit, Okore would've been on the bench.

Deserved motm and he did well. But that wasn't a real test tonight as Southampton were poor. Okore ahead of him in the pecking order after tonight Imo.

I don't think so. Both did very well, so probably the order stays the same.

I disagree. There's no reason to think that Okore was losing out to Clark because there was some kind of order. My bet is that Lambert knows perfectly well Okore is a class act, and this performance by Clark is enough to keep Clark in the picture as backup, nothing more.

I'm not sure what your conclusion is mate. Clark did well enough to continue being back up to Vlaar, Senderos and Baker, or Clark did well enough to continue being back up to Okore?

I think Lambert was forced to play Okore since Clark was the only other fit. Had one of the other three been fit, Okore would've been on the bench.

I think if Baker had been fit, Okore would have played to get the balance at CB. We have seen that Baker and Clark is like a car crash waiting to happen due to Clark not being comfortable on his right foot.

Agree villaglint.Clarks biggest problem for me is he gets pulled out of position far too easily, but last night he was staedy, and for me MOM.

Not a fan, never have been , never will be, but played well last night.

He also gets bullied to easily, I was surprised Pelle, didn't do this.

I think against pacier forward lines, he'd have struggled.  Pelle is a tank with not much speed.  As such, he's got decent positioning (apart from when playing against Anichebe for some reason), so he could nullify his threat.

I think against pacier forward lines, he'd have struggled.  Pelle is a tank with not much speed.  As such, he's got decent positioning (apart from when playing against Anichebe for some reason), so he could nullify his threat.

He's positioning is one of his strong points, he covered Okore well when he went walkabout a few times yesterday.

For me one of Clarkes biggest failings is his positioning which was really very good last night, almost seemed like being the leader and having to mop up after the others on occassion made him focus more and raise his game.

This is what happens with many people. Give them responsibility and show your support, and they'll thrive. In the early stages of last season Clark did very well when he was playing regularily. Then Lambert started to play Baker ahead of him, and thereafter Clark has struggled. He seems to be a player that needs to feel confortable and trusted to do well. Very much a confidence issue.

Â