Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deserved motm and he did well. But that wasn't a real test tonight as Southampton were poor. Okore ahead of him in the pecking order after tonight Imo.

I don't think so. Both did very well, so probably the order stays the same.

Aston Villa defender Ciaran Clark on Sky Sports: "Before the game we would have taken a point.."

Speechless. A home game with Southampton for feck's sake. Show;s the general level of ambition within this team. 'Pleasedon'tlose'

Anyway, kid had a good game mind, at least.

Deserved motm and he did well. But that wasn't a real test tonight as Southampton were poor. Okore ahead of him in the pecking order after tonight Imo.

I don't think so. Both did very well, so probably the order stays the same.

I disagree. There's no reason to think that Okore was losing out to Clark because there was some kind of order. My bet is that Lambert knows perfectly well Okore is a class act, and this performance by Clark is enough to keep Clark in the picture as backup, nothing more.

I actually thought he interviewed well too.  Was refreshing to not hear "we were great" etc - he was honest, said we'd have probably taken a point before the game but were disappointed to draw having lead for 80 minutes.  Appreciated that Pelle is a good player but that he dealt with him.

Honestly, couldn't have done better on or off the pitch last night.  Fair play to him.

Â