Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I am not saying that they HAVE. I still think we'll be pleasantly surprised by who we get, adn that Randy is chuckling himself over the leaks being about managers we all are frothing at the mouth over so that when he does unveil the guy we go... '**** yeah!'

Obviously I have no idea what Randy and the board are thinking. If Mac didnt want the job straight away then that speaks volumes. Management isnt an easy thing especially of a premier league club. I get that after consideration he has decided he'd like to be considered and I understand that he is a top top coach who has been nothing but fantastic for our reserves but that doesnt qualify you for a shot in charge of our first team in my opinion.

I'd like to think that despite Mac being the cheap option and mayeb the popular option with the players our board realise that now isnt the time to gamble and that is exactly what appointing Kevin would be...

We're a club in transition and due to the lack of signings and the the other teams around us strengthening we have already taken a backwards step. We need to bring in a manager now who is experienced in the premier league, who is able to sign quality players on a budget. If we dont have that then we are in real danger of finishing in the bottom half of the table and if that happens then not only will we find it hard to attract the calibre of player we need in order to compete with the top 4/6 as well as lose our better players such as Young etc.

I dont care that Sven boned some bird at his office behind his girlfriends back, for me he's the best out there that we could realistically attract to villa park. He proven at club level in italy and did a great job at city before being a caualty of new owners.

Now I am not saying that they HAVE. I still think we'll be pleasantly surprised by who we get, adn that Randy is chuckling himself over the leaks being about managers we all are frothing at the mouth over so that when he does unveil the guy we go... '**** yeah!'
I know you lot are probably getting annoyed at me keep on going on about this guy but I think Hitzfeld. :lol:

Predictions for how many pages this thread will reach before the new manager is announced? I think 463 :winkold:

stewiek2 wrote:

I still have a feeling that all these names are a smoke screen. Why take this amout of time chatting to managers OUT of work and using a headhunting company? Why would you have to 'head hunt' a guy kicking his heels in between picking up his dole cheque?

I truly hope ur right mate, as any of the names mentioned would be horrible.