• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who picks the team? - Kev Mac

who identifies players to buy and sell? - GH

who picks the tactics? - Kev Mac

In which case it is bad bad bad for me

Not only do I think Macdonald is naive and poor at first team selection and tactics I also think there would be a tendency for interfernec from the DOF.

Of all the faults I could pull up or propose when discussing K Mac, tactics would be the last thing on my mind.

You can't win the Reserve league three years running by being tactically naieve. Unlike the first team he cannot call upon the magic of top quality players, he won't have known 100% at least what his squad will have been from game to game and so you have to imagine that it's tactics that won that Reserve League three years running....would be my opinion anyway.

What happened? This thread's got about 20 new pages in the space of 12 hours.

Randy's jet popped into France for some frogs legs and we all think it's Houllier.

In other words - nothing. But a few members of my family have a nice wager on it

Ah, I see Houllier is the flavour of the day then.

Indeed. I think we have discussed a new manager every day for the last 5 days, and every single one of their odds have come tumbling, and then we all believe that they are going to be the new manager, myself included!!

It's like groundhog day. Whoever is appointed will have their flaws, and their positives, I just hope that whoever comes in has different flaws to what MON had so we can all have something new to complain about :lol:

who picks the team? - Kev Mac

who identifies players to buy and sell? - GH

who picks the tactics? - Kev Mac

On point #2 I'd expand it and say KMac identifies gaps in the squad and gives GH the criteria needed, then GH identifies who the solution is.

Isn't that how it works with scouts?

Do we have any scouts?

We have many scouts.

My father lives next door to one in South Wales, he constantly questions what he actually does as he never appears to go anywhere and we haven't 'found' someone from South Wales since Delaney....who apparently this guy was instrumental in signing.....