Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either you want our club to be run properly or you want it to be run like City and Cook would be, screwing over everyone in sight

I want the club to be run successfully and attracting the best talent (as that is what normally leads to winning things ) that we can regardless of where that person is.

It is a little bit like saying we should only buy players from a certain place and who are available isn't it?

I am not talking about running our club like City, spending buckets of cash.

Ie, go for Moyes. **** Everton, or what they think. Other clubs would easily do it to us. They've tried to take our best players. Played little mind games in the press etc and all that bullshit. Its time we did it as well.

What is the "proper" way? Because I see other clubs screwing each other all the time. And "who" actually cares about this "proper" way? Respect from who?

Fine if you want Villa to be run like that.

But we'd be no better than City who you've moaned about in regards to how they went about Milner.

Doesn't guarantee we will get our man, it does guarantee you'll piss people off and be no better than City.

Your posts are just contradicting themselves.

Oh and it would also involve Moyes actually wanting to come.

It is a little bit like saying we should only buy players from a certain place and who are available isn't it?

What were you saying the other day about understanding Richard?

The difference with players are there are i reckon more players than managers in the world, just a hunch though.

We've "lost" two players since Randy took over. One we refused to sell to the club that unsettled him - remember the Barry to Liverpool affair? And the other one we robbed the other club blind for - you know Milner for 18m plus Ireland (vs 8m for Van de Vaart, 12m for Ozil)?

I fail to see how Villa get pushed around by anyone reall.

I am not talking about running our club like City, spending buckets of cash.

Ie, go for Moyes. **** Everton, or what they think. Other clubs would easily do it to us. They've tried to take our best players. Played little mind games in the press etc and all that bullshit. Its time we did it as well.

What is the "proper" way? Because I see other clubs screwing each other all the time. And "who" actually cares about this "proper" way? Respect from who?

Fine if you want Villa to be run like that.

But we'd be no better than City who you've moaned about in regards to how they went about Milner.

Doesn't guarantee we will get our man, it does guarantee you'll piss people off and be no better than City.

Your posts are just contradicting themselves.

Oh and it would also involve Moyes actually wanting to come.

How are they contradicting themselves exactly? Please point out the specific contradiction. Also, could you answer the questions that I posed. You talk about this "proper" way which is a very vague and unambiguous term.

Jez, personally I think it's just frustration, we claim to want the right man to take us forward, but with all the rumours of Curbs, Houllier, they could have been appointed two weeks ago! It's just ridiculous that it's taking this long to appoint someone, first process should be to identify the man to take you forward not just fly around, book interviews! It's a waste of time but this falls at Paul Faulkner for being an inept CEO!

Jez, personally I think it's just frustration, we claim to want the right man to take us forward, but with all the rumours of Curbs, Houllier, they could have been appointed two weeks ago! It's just ridiculous that it's taking this long to appoint someone, first process should be to identify the man to take you forward not just fly around, book interviews! It's a waste of time but this falls at Paul Faulkner for being an inept CEO!

But to say that you would have to know how this process works surely?

How to employ a manager to run a premier league football club and one that will work well with the owner.

If for example Curbs was the only person they were considering then yeah it could have been done quickly, but do you want them to just employ him or someone else?

If it turns out to be him then it means they have decided after looking at other candidates that he is the best and not that he should have been just appointed straight away just because he is not working.

To me it shows the opposite of ineptness as they could have employed any old tom dick or harry in the first week.

We're 4th after an average start, they gave a deadline of the Stoke game giving themselves plenty of time to appoint the right man for the job.

How are they contradicting themselves exactly? Please point out the specific contradiction. Also, could you answer the questions that I posed. You talk about this "proper" way which is a very vague and unambiguous term.

Randy pointed out how City didn't do it the proper way in regard to Milner they just kept bidding and asking ever after we said no, resulting in the players head being turned.

I'd imagine its the same with managers we just keep on asking asking asking Everton for example its not the proper way imo.

Up to now we've done the things properly and always seem to do quite well out of it.

City just buy themselves it and piss everyone off.

You want Villa to be run like that then fine, but dont go moaning about other clubs doing it to us.