Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to that bright future we were sold once upon a time ?

Things change.

We wont bully another club for their manager unless they are willing to let them go.

Meaning we're short on candidates.

Randy has always tried to do his best when it comes to Villa and this appointment will be no different.

There are no guarantees with any manager but the one we're given will be Randy's choice and who he thinks can continue to take Villa forward.

Nice little Villa. Won't "bully" another club. Yet, we constantly allow other clubs to bully us into selling players etc. Its time this club decided to stand up for itself and stick two fingers up to other clubs.

Nice little Villa. Won't "bully" another club. Yet, we constantly allow other clubs to bully us into selling players etc. Its time this club decided to stand up for itself and stick two fingers up to other clubs.

Sigh.

Yes that means they will all come and want to be Villa manager!

You want our owners to do things like City and that tit Cook?

You we're slagging him off in the Milner thread if i recall correctly.

Sigh.

Fickle?! Never

I didnt realise the future wasnt bright. Ok, when it comes to big announcements/signings etc we are so dull as a club its unreal. But that doesnt mean to say the future isnt bright.

Whats it based on that the futures not bright? The last few weeks?

In that case, I think its worth mentioning that last time i looked, we were 4th in the league

Bit difficult to do that and go and get another manager who is currently employed when you have no dosh

For me they have to go and get the best manager they can and the person they identify is currently employed then so be it. The same happens in business all the time It is called head hunting

This bollox about the club being too honourable and not wanting to employ a manager "who only wants to come for more money" is just that, bollox.

In life f you pay peanuts you'll get monkeys and generally people earn more money because they are better at their job.

In that case, I think its worth mentioning that last time i looked, we were 4th in the league

I wish it mattered after three games............lets face it, we could easily have lost 4-1 on Sunday.

We also could have won 3-0 Sunday too.

Everton didn't have that many great shots on goal....How many did Friedel have to save?

Sigh.

Did I say that would make them come and be Villa manager? I'm sick to the back teeth of having us pushed around by other clubs.

No, I don't want them to act like Cook, but I want them to become more strict and ruthless with other clubs.

You think other clubs wouldn't do it to us given half the chance? Of course they would. We should return the favour when given the opportunity.

I wish it mattered after three games............lets face it, we could easily have lost 4-1 on Sunday.

Of course it doesnt matter after 3 games. Although id rather be 4th than bottom. My point was that just because we are going through a phase of transition, it doesnt mean that its all doom and gloom.

Just because it doesnt look like were getting the manager we prefer it doesnt mean the futures not bright. The thought of Curbishley makes my skin crawl, but I (while i think i do) no absolutely buggar all about it. He may be an absolute revelation!!!

We also could have won 3-0 Sunday too.

Everton didn't have that many great shots on goal....How many did Friedel have to save?

This is what I keep saying to people, so many comments about how "lucky" we were and some everton fans saying we should be ashamed to win like that after game.

Luck to me is when a clear cut chance doesn't go in, though the way we played we didn't give them the option of clear cut chances to miss.

Did I say that would make them come and be Villa manager? I'm sick to the back teeth of having us pushed around by other clubs.

No, I don't want them to act like Cook, but I want them to become more strict and ruthless with other clubs.

You think other clubs wouldn't do it to us given half the chance? Of course they would. We should return the favour when given the opportunity.

You cannot have it both ways though.

Either you want our club to be run properly or you want it to be run like City and Cook would be, screwing over everyone in sight.

I dont care what other clubs do or dont do, is a good thing that Villa are one of the few clubs around who do things the proper way and are respected in the game because of it imo.

For all people know it might cost more money to do it the proper way than just throwing cash at another club and pissing everyone off.

I am not talking about running our club like City, spending buckets of cash.

Ie, go for Moyes. **** Everton, or what they think. Other clubs would easily do it to us. They've tried to take our best players. Played little mind games in the press etc and all that bullshit. Its time we did it as well.

What is the "proper" way? Because I see other clubs screwing each other all the time. And "who" actually cares about this "proper" way? Respect from who?