Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you heard anything about Houllier today MM?

No as much in the dark as everyone else tbh . I just think Houllier is a good shout and whilst I can see the points made from stewie's mate he has won things . Moyes and Hughes both great candidates and I would have either , the truth is though both won jack shit to date.

The 12 Mill certainly does not make me chuckle, not in any way at all. Not when Spurzz got VDV for 8 Mill ffs.

Van Der Vaart is probably on 12million a year in wages - thats the difference

Yeah, I know but it's still a highlights the difference between the 2 clubs.

God I hope it all goes wrong for Spurzz, in a real bad Leeds / Portsmouth type way. Horrible little club spurzzz...

By the sounds of it Curbs has had a interview already and fits the criteria outlined so you would imagine he is in with a strong chance at this stage. As for McLeish, he has done a excellent job at Birmingham and turned them into a good side ( Even attracted Helb to them) so would have no problems with him. Imagine it send the Birmingham fans mad as well which is always a bonus !

anyone who thinks that the VDV transfer is not dodgy needs there head testing

He was on the market for £18m earlier that day. Levy got him for £8m.

Quite obviously something dodgy has taken place - but Spurs get a good player. Same as with Crouch when by all accounts a cash payment to Storrie was the reason Spurs' £9m bid was accepted when Fulham had already bid £11m.

Would you mind Randy paying a few bungs to get better players at the Villa? I guess that's one for each of us individually.

anyone who thinks that the VDV transfer is not dodgy needs there head testing

Dodgy or not he is still a Spurs player now.

And for two thirds of the price of Stewart Downing......who said English players' prices are over-inflated? :shock:

Agreed mate.

Yes its dodgy, but they have got away with it so fair play to them.

Benitez won the Champions League with his team then destroyed it and left leaving Liverpool struggling for 5th

he won the CL with the previous managers team IIRC.

Which is what I think Dodgy meant, with "his team" meaning Houlliers team.