Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

How are they contradicting themselves exactly? Please point out the specific contradiction. Also, could you answer the questions that I posed. You talk about this "proper" way which is a very vague and unambiguous term.

Randy pointed out how City didn't do it the proper way in regard to Milner they just kept bidding and asking ever after we said no, resulting in the players head being turned.

I'd imagine its the same with managers we just keep on asking asking asking Everton for example its not the proper way imo.

Up to now we've done the things properly and always seem to do quite well out of it.

City just buy themselves it and piss everyone off.

You want Villa to be run like that then fine, but dont go moaning about other clubs doing it to us.

Of course we've done quite well out of it, we keep letting clubs run all over us.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jez, personally I think it's just frustration, we claim to want the right man to take us forward, but with all the rumours of Curbs, Houllier, they could have been appointed two weeks ago! It's just ridiculous that it's taking this long to appoint someone, first process should be to identify the man to take you forward not just fly around, book interviews! It's a waste of time but this falls at Paul Faulkner for being an inept CEO!

You do understand don't you that it can take months sometimes to fill high profile positions outside of football?

Whilst football does not mirror the rest of the world I for one am happy for them to take their time in this matter as hoepfully the club will reap the rewards later down the line.

As ever, it's a case of I WANT AND I WANT NOW....with no thought beyond that.

TheTrees said it stopped off to pick someone up.....He don't know who though.....I don't remember him saying where it went though, that was someone else.

so, adding up all the bits & pieces, is this correct.

Randy's plane left Bham this morning, went somewhere else to pick up someone, and then went to Paris.

and it hasn't yet come back from Paris.

the only place enroute to Paris is London.

**** it. I'm sick of respecting others, but simultaneously being trampled on.

Nobody gives a shit about us, so why should we give a shit about them. It's a dog-eat-dog industry so we should get out there and start ruffling some feathers.

Any more whispers on Merseyside about the Moyes-Villa link? I find it hard to believe that he was interviewed personally, wouldn't Everton have to sanction that?

Honest to god, if it is Curbishley, I'll be finished with the Villa and my ST will go back.

You think of any candidate, and there are pros and cons.

The likes of Moyes, Jol etc. - obviously more pros

The Koemans, Svens - about as many pros than cons

Even the likes of Phil Brown, Dave Jones and McDonaald - mainly cons, but I can think of some pros

Curbishley - sorry - there are NO pro's

Oh, sorry - I've thought of three

1. He is cheap

2. He is a yes man

3. He won't want money.

Seriously, him and that is it !

Nobody gives a shit about us, so why should we give a shit about them. It's a dog-eat-dog industry so we should get out there and start ruffling some feathers.

Well said.

Honest to god, if it is Curbishley, I'll be finished with the Villa and my ST will go back.

Even the likes of Phil Brown, Dave Jones and McDonaald - mainly cons, but I can think of some pros

1. He is cheap

2. He is a yes man

3. He won't want money.

youve shown ur true colours there mate.

TheTrees said it stopped off to pick someone up.....He don't know who though.....I don't remember him saying where it went though, that was someone else.

so, adding up all the bits & pieces, is this correct.

Randy's plane left Bham this morning, went somewhere else to pick up someone, and then went to Paris.

and it hasn't yet come back from Paris.

the only place enroute to Paris is London.

It left Bham.....Someone posted to Paris, but it wasn't Trees.

Trees would know where it stopped and when it flew back, but I don't remember him saying where it stopped.

Either you want our club to be run properly or you want it to be run like City and Cook would be, screwing over everyone in sight

I want the club to be run successfully and attracting the best talent (as that is what normally leads to winning things ) that we can regardless of where that person is.

It is a little bit like saying we should only buy players from a certain place and who are available isn't it?

When we buy players who are under contract, we make a bid to the club who they are contracted to and one of two things happen. Either we are told no, or are granted permission to discuss a move with the player. If all goes well, the player signs for us.

The same scenario exists with a manager who is contracted to another club. Let's use Moyes for an example. We approach Kenwright, make a bid for release of him from his contract and hopefully discuss the role directly with David Moyes. Or Kenwright says no, then we move on.

Yes, I want the best players and best manager available but I do not want to circumvent the usual process and get a manager to walk out on his contract in order to come to us. If we're looking for a manager to stay with us for the long-term and attempt to build a dynasty, having a manager who is willing to walk out at the first sign of a better offer elsewhere is not a good way to start.

1. Don't talk daft

2. You wouldnt get a refund

3. But if your serious, I'm sure plenty of folks would take it off your hands for free

We're all assuming that Lerner is after a manager whose going to take charge lock stock & barrel.

Maybe they're after more of a DOF candidate & let KMac & (Tony McAndrew who is as hard as nails) deal with the day to day coaching.

Interesting times because there are loads of rumours flying about so at this point in time, I'm at a complete loss as to what the

truth of the matter actually is.

However the fact that it sounds like the owners are meeting with lots of potential candidates actually heartens me because it shows

they care & want the right man for the long term.

Whoever is their choice will get my backing!

Any more whispers on Merseyside about the Moyes-Villa link? I find it hard to believe that he was interviewed personally, wouldn't Everton have to sanction that?

The would have had to sanction a meeting between a member of the club's staff and Moyes. They wouldn't have to sanction a preliminary meeting between an external consultant retained by Villa to find a new manager though.

1. He is cheap

2. He is a yes man

3. He won't want money.

I'm not in favour of hiring Curbishley but I have no idea how Curbs is ranked lower than the likes of Phil Brown.

Don't want Houllier.

Too old, heart condition, boring football, pretty crap in the transfer market, doesn't sound like the guy we should be after imo. If this is who we end up with after spending money on a top headhunting agency then Randy should get his money back imo.

1. He is cheap

2. He is a yes man

3. He won't want money.

OTT laughably OTT

Aircraft was originally planned to go from Birmingham to its destination, execute a quick turn around, and come back again.

It left later than planned and hasn't returned as yet. It may even be that it won't return today.

And I never revealed the destination.......

Don't want Houllier.

Too old, heart condition, boring football, pretty crap in the transfer market, doesn't sound like the guy we should be after imo. If this is who we end up with after spending money on a top headhunting agency then Randy should get his money back imo.

this i agree with,foullier is rubbish,just think back to the shite football Liverpoo played under him.and some of the worst signings the league has seen.like Biscan Titi Camara plus many many more.he's been out of the prem for way to long also..

1. He is cheap

2. He is a yes man

3. He won't want money.

True Fan!