Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Can you imagine if Jol became our manager and brought Mido with him?

On the morning before an away match the team are at breakfast when Jol walks in to Mido with wee Barry Bannan half way down Mido's throat?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin Jol has not really confirmed that he wants to stay at Ajax. I read somewhere that his press conference post the Fulham rumours was more like a hostage situation than anything else. On a separate issue the signing of players is not a massive concern to me as long as we get the right manager with tactical knowledge AND premier league experience. We do have a good squad and, who knows, maybe the likes of Sidwell & NRC can prove to be valuable assets over the coming months.

Martin Jol has not really confirmed that he wants to stay at Ajax. I read somewhere that his press conference post the Fulham rumours was more like a hostage situation than anything else. On a separate issue the signing of players is not a massive concern to me as long as we get the right manager with tactical knowledge AND premier league experience. We do have a good squad and, who knows, maybe the likes of Sidwell & NRC can prove to be valuable assets over the coming months.

What he has said though is that he wont quit, and Ajax have said they wont let anyone buy him out of his contract.

So effectively he wont be leaving.

He also played for us and I would have thought would jump at the chance to manage a Premier League side. The problem we have is everyone believes MON over-achieved and therefore don't want to risk being labelled a failure if they don't achieve the same. I however, believe we have a very good squad when everyone is fit and could achieve something similar but it has to be the right person.

Grayson is Leeds through and through and just got them into the Championship. I can't see him leaving any time soon.

He'd leave in a heartbeat if he was offered the Villa job. Its such a massive step up from Leeds that he'd be insane to turn it down. Although he's not the right man for the job IMO.

Slowly going off football. Depressing summer. No good news to look forward to. Just been trashed 6-0 away from home by Newcastle **** United. Board keep giving us this PR bullshit that they are waiting for the right man, what they really mean is that they are waiting until September 1st to get someone in. The worst thing is some people on this forum actually believe this PR, corporate bullshit. We'll slowly slip down the table, won't get a manager in that everyone will get behind. Fantastic.

Slowly going off football. Depressing summer. No good news to look forward to. Just been trashed 6-0 away from home by Newcastle **** United. Board keep giving us this PR bullshit that they are waiting for the right man, what they really mean is that they are waiting until September 1st to get someone in. The worst thing is some people on this forum actually believe this PR, corporate bullshit. We'll slowly slip down the table, won't get a manager in that everyone will get behind. Fantastic.

What a barrel of laughs you are mate :shock:

It's football, it goes up and down, you enjoy the good times as much as you resent the bad times but you get over it. In six months time Sunday will be a distant memory......I was mortified yesterday but today is a whole new ball game.

feel the same mate.

It seems now that this September 1st talk seems true.

So 1/9/10 SSN break with "Bob Bradley is the new Villa manager" ermmm yeah right man? thought about it did the board? we are becoming a joke we really are.