Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

How would that manager be any better than MON then walking out of a club 1-2 weeks into the new season.

I guess because he would be coming to us it wouldn't matter, yet what would stop him doing that to us later down the line for a even better job.

The best we can hope for is Ajax get knocked out of the Champions league and Jol might hint he wants to move on.....Maybe then we could pay a compensation package, but I can't see him leaving until that happens.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we read between the lines of the Generals latest post I think we can fairly take it as evidence that we will not be getting a big name, rather we will be getting someone in desperate enough for the job, but us fans aren't desperate for him to take it ie a Bob Bradley or someone along those lines.

Last week General stated we would get the best man in for the job. Now all the talented managers are at clubs, or doing something else....yeh..

So are we meant to force these managers to join us our, by kidnaping them?

We cannot force people to come!

Hes right all the current decent managers are employed, otherwise they wouldn't be employed would they?

You need to get real its not football manager.

Thats what ambitious clubs do Jez. They poach the best person they feel can take them further.

So much hinges on getting the right person in, otherwise we may see a lot more jumping from HMS Aston Villa.

I find it hard, knocking the board. But something has fundimentally changed, and it aint Man City.

If we read between the lines of the Generals latest post I think we can fairly take it as evidence that we will not be getting a big name, rather we will be getting someone in desperate enough for the job, but us fans aren't desperate for him to take it ie a Bob Bradley or someone along those lines.

Last week General stated we would get the best man in for the job. Now all the talented managers are at clubs, or doing something else....yeh..

Hes right all the current decent managers are employed, otherwise they wouldn't be employed would they?

No, we can approach other clubs and pay a compensation package.

Oh right.

And you know we wont do that how?

So what if the manager doesn't want to come? Threaten them?

So Lerner goes from buying us, bringing in MON (basically) investing every year, done above and beyond to improve us yet overnight just because MON left he is useless, we're terrible and poorly run?

At the same time because he 'might' not be continuing pumping millions in he is also being questioned.

He supported MON to the hilt and whos fault is it that were not at the point he thought we would, not MON's no not his still Randys fault!

Absolute joke!

Well, I can safely say now that they will be losing a customer this year if it is Hollywood Bob.

You wouldn't be the only fan who don't go to VP so it wouldn't be that much of a biggie.

I think it would be most certainly, as the appointment of Bradley as manager will turn a lot of people away from going to home games.

Thats what ambitious clubs do Jez. They poach the best person they feel can take them further.

So much hinges on getting the right person in, otherwise we may see a lot more jumping from HMS Aston Villa.

I find it hard, knocking the board. But something has fundimentally changed, and it aint Man City.

Yes i get that.

But there is the small factor of the manager actually wanting to come.

Well, I can safely say now that they will be losing a customer this year if it is Hollywood Bob.

You wouldn't be the only fan who don't go to VP so it wouldn't be that much of a biggie.

I think it would be most certainly, as the appointment of Bradley as manager will turn a lot of people away from going to home games.

Well a lot of fans are happy with Kevin taking over and he has less management experience.

Someone will always be unhappy, it's hard to please everyone, very hard infact.

Oh right.

So Lerner goes from buying us, bringing in MON (basically) investing every year, done above and beyond to improve us yet overnight just because MON left he is useless, we're terrible and poorly run?

At the same time because he 'might' not be continuing pumping millions in he is also being questioned.

He supported MON to the hilt and whos fault is it that were not at the point he thought we would, not MON's no not his still Randys fault!

Absolute joke!

As people have already stated something has obviously changed. The whole summer has been an absolute travesty. No communication with the board and manager, and it appears as if they didn't discuss the transfer budget until August.

Clubs with ambition to still go for it go out of their way to get a man in that can realise their ambitions and objectives. Will Bradley guide us to the champions league? Lol..I don't think so.

Clubs with ambitions and desires to do well in the PL go for competent, known managers. They get in contact with that club and offer a financial package. Last week General said we would get the best man in, within 6 days his language has changed completely and it looks as if the club will be looking at less known managers.

The simple fact is Bob Bradley isn't going to get the crowds flocking to Villa Park. He isn't going to get people to spend their hard earned cash on away trips in December.

And of course I don't know that the club haven't made approaches. However, the media always have a few known names that are in contention for the post. Who have we had? Bob Bradley? Gareth Southgate?

Lol, tells you all about the ambition of the club now, settling for shit.

Oh right.

Absolute joke!

As people have already stated something has obviously changed. The whole summer has been an absolute travesty. No communication with the board and manager, and it appears as if they didn't discuss the transfer budget until August.

Clubs with ambition to still go for it go out of their way to get a man in that can realise their ambitions and objectives. Will Bradley guide us to the champions league? Lol..I don't think so.

Clubs with ambitions and desires to do well in the PL go for competent, known managers. They get in contact with that club and offer a financial package. Last week General said we would get the best man in, within 6 days his language has changed completely and it looks as if the club will be looking at less known managers.

The simple fact is Bob Bradley isn't going to get the crowds flocking to Villa Park. He isn't going to get people to spend their hard earned cash on away trips in December.

And of course I don't know that the club haven't made approaches. However, the media always have a few known names that are in contention for the post. Who have we had? Bob Bradley? Gareth Southgate?

Lol, tells you all about the ambition of the club now, settling for shit.

You seem to be able to see into the future and know all these negative futures.

Why did MON come to Villa? Ellis or Lerner.

How can he go from appointing someone decent to someone terrible for the club?

No communication between the board and manager, you know this how?

Ambition?

Is Randy meant to magic this money out of think air, where does it come from?

He has invested massively in Villa millions and millions.

Our fans are bloody spoilt and ridiculous.

Why is Bradley being mentioned? Have I missed something on the previous pages?

No, you've missed nothing in this thread, it's because of what the General said about good managers already being in jobs in his thread.

Cheers. I just hope it's not BB or someone equally average.

Stuart Pearce.

With Pearce as Manager and MacDonald as his assistant I think we'd thrive come to think of it. No giving up like we saw yesterday and the first team still benefit from Mac's excellent coaching.

Everyone's a winner. That's a great shout IMO.

I think 120mil on players 4-5 years ago would have got us a decent squad, but since Chelsea and Citeh started their spending sprees that money hasn't got us much.

Maybe when Lerner came that money would have got us a lot more over 4 years and just the mad spending has took what could have been a top 4 club away from us.