Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

he needs to decide which is most important and which is the higher priority, cleveland browns or aston villa he cant carry on bankrolling both his cowboys and this football club if he has been hit hard during the recession like it is rumoured surely he needs to cut his losses and sell one of them

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he needs to decide which is most important and which is the higher priority, cleveland browns or aston villa he cant carry on bankrolling both his cowboys and this football club if he has been hit hard during the recession like it is rumoured surely he needs to cut his losses and sell one of them

Why should he?

Even if he sells the Browns he wont be anywhere near City's wealth.

but at least we would have a larger transfer kitty to at least stand still at the moment i can see us just fading into midtable obscurity with a whimper perhaps he's happy with us finishing there every season churning out a profit

If Randy Lerner is so uncommitted to Villa he could sell the club for a very tidy profit. He bought the club for £65m or so. I think there are about £90m of loans to the club from his family trusts at the last count. Is Villa worth more that £160m today? Well Blues was sold for around £90m so its not too hard to see that Villa is worth much much more. I don't recall ever seeing any suggestion he wants out.

but at least we would have a larger transfer kitty to at least stand still at the moment i can see us just fading into midtable obscurity with a whimper perhaps he's happy with us finishing there every season churning out a profit

So once again where does this magical money come from, he should sell everything and put it into Villa should he?

Priceless!

Yes he has put all this work in and passion just to sell for a profit, any proof?

Does he go to a hell of a lot of games because its all about profit and he doesn't care? How does going to games make a profit?

Citys been to only a handful of games.

Who cares more?

Villa fans are embarrassing themselves they really are.

Randy Lerner has invest 100's of millions of pounds into Villa, all for profit?

Absolute bollocks, nothing suggests this.

Just so easy to sell in the current climate as well, Liverpool are finding it easy!

Why are you going on about Bob Bradley, is he our manager?

NO

So City spending massive over inflated prices has no effect on the market? Absolutely ridiculous if you think that, it makes no sense!

Yes we dont have as much money as City, look what the general has just done.

What do you want Randy to do magic the money out of thin air, you keep ignoring this question.

I want the ambition to have a Ferrari but unless i win the lottery its not going to happen, stamping my feet and moaning about it is not going to get me one is it?

I could spend all the money i have trying to get one and then up on the streets, that would be clever wouldn't it?

Please stop talking rubbish, you claim to have respect for Lerner but that is quite simply a lie.

If you did you would let him make his decision and not keep posting shit about him based on rumours alone.

Are we a poorly run club, are we in financial trouble?

Again coming back to the original point that a manager that comes into a club, is usually always near the top of the odds the bookies give, and also it is usually speculated within the media and proper sources like The Guardian.

We've been linked with disastrous names. We'll wait and see who comes in and come back to this point at the time. We'll debate that on its merit then.

So we didn't spend this summer because of Man City? Nobody believes that nonsense. We have been told by General money was there. Next we were told it was a sell to buy policy. Nobody has a clue what is going on and haven't known all summer.

And who are you to say who I have respect for, and who I haven't? Do you in some way know me personally?

What do you want Randy to do magic the money out of thin air, you keep ignoring this question.

No, but my reckoning I have actually answered this question on two separate occasions. Firstly when he bought the club he said the dream was the CL. That is a costly mission, so he is bound to have known and accepted that he would have to spend well over £100m to get there, and to have a chance of sustaining a challenge.

As a man that has been in business his entire life, I would like to think that he didn't undervalue this mission and was fully aware that it would burn a hole in his pocket and that he had cash aside for that.

And honestly, what are you rambling on about ferraris? Lerner is a multi-billionaire for crying out loud. He's hardly some man dreaming of Ferraris and what not.

Yes, he can make his decision and a lot of fans will be waiting until that situation passes before making judgement. You can keep the wool over your eyes all you like. Am I the only person on this board that is concerned about the direction of this club? No. Are other fans raising concerns about the future of Villa? Yes.

Obviously he will be judged by who he appoints. I am saying at the moment it doesn't look good. It doesn't look like we'll get a proper quality replacement in, for whatever reason, but we'll come back to that point for sure during the week if the selection is made during the week. I am pretty certain I won't be the only one raising a few concerns if it is some clearing in the woods coming in.

The recent comments by the General are there for everyone to see. The whole language has changed. That has been picked up before on other different subjects.

It is wrong to say people don't respect Randy just because they are questioning where we are at as a Club at this moment.

Very few fans would question that we are lucky to have him as owner, based on where we were when he came. Same went for MON.

But now it is now, and people are simply voicing concerns based on what they see (or don't see) as lack forward movement as a Club, various issues.

Particularly in the light of his own (sparse) statements that appear to have changed what was the previous perceived spending policy.

To just say "blame MON and trust Randy" is too blinkered.

We are talking about the ownership and direction of the Club we all love at what many see as a critical point in our history(poised as we are on the verge of being in the top group rather than the middle group).

Why are you going on about Bob Bradley, is he our manager?

NO

So City spending massive over inflated prices has no effect on the market? Absolutely ridiculous if you think that, it makes no sense!

Yes we dont have as much money as City, look what the general has just done.

I want the ambition to have a Ferrari but unless i win the lottery its not going to happen, stamping my feet and moaning about it is not going to get me one is it?

I could spend all the money i have trying to get one and then up on the streets, that would be clever wouldn't it?

Please stop talking rubbish, you claim to have respect for Lerner but that is quite simply a lie.

If you did you would let him make his decision and not keep posting shit about him based on rumours alone.

Are we a poorly run club, are we in financial trouble?

Again coming back to the original point that a manager that comes into a club, is usually always near the top of the odds the bookies give, and also it is usually speculated within the media and proper sources like The Guardian.

We've been linked with disastrous names. We'll wait and see who comes in and come back to this point at the time. We'll debate that on its merit then.

So we didn't spend this summer because of Man City? Nobody believes that nonsense. We have been told by General money was there. Next we were told it was a sell to buy policy. Nobody has a clue what is going on and haven't known all summer.

And who are you to say who I have respect for, and who I haven't? Do you in some way know me personally?

No, but my reckoning I have actually answered this question on two separate occasions. Firstly when he bought the club he said the dream was the CL. That is a costly mission, so he is bound to have known and accepted that he would have to spend well over £100m to get there, and to have a chance of sustaining a challenge.

As a man that has been in business his entire life, I would like to think that he didn't undervalue this mission and was fully aware that it would burn a hole in his pocket and that he had cash aside for that.

And honestly, what are you rambling on about ferraris? Lerner is a multi-billionaire for crying out loud. He's hardly some man dreaming of Ferraris and what not.

Yes, he can make his decision and a lot of fans will be waiting until that situation passes before making judgement. You can keep the wool over your eyes all you like. Am I the only person on this board that is concerned about the direction of this club? No. Are other fans raising concerns about the future of Villa? Yes.

Obviously he will be judged by who he appoints. I am saying at the moment it doesn't look good. It doesn't look like we'll get a proper quality replacement in, for whatever reason, but we'll come back to that point for sure during the week if the selection is made during the week. I am pretty certain I won't be the only one raising a few concerns if it is some clearing in the woods coming in.

The recent comments by the General are there for everyone to see. The whole language has changed. That has been picked up before on other different subjects.

Usually, linked, bookies?

Since when did that ever matter, have we appointed our new manager?

No so before we actually do give it a rest.

You have a very very strange way of respect, as you take the word or bookies and newspaper rumours over the man himself; thats not respect.

Yes he said he wanted champions league, but he is meant to just spend year after year to get that until it arrives? That is simply not practical its not sustainable unless your a multi multi billionaire, Randy is not that so stamping your feet is not going to make that happen.

Look what Randys statement and the General has just said, we have not got the money of Citys and Chelseas, few have. I dont care if he said he wanted the premier league when he arrived he cannot afford to do it now, he gambled on giving MON a set amount in a set amount of time and it didn't come off, he tried is trying.

If you respected him you would see that rather than belittling him.

You clearly dont understand how money works and how City have effected the market. City have pumped masses amount of money into the system.

A club has a player City want and they double triple the cost of the player, other clubs cannot do that and it effects the whole house of cards.

Its changed yes, but you want more money to appear out of nowhere or just kick off.

Laughable.

A larger transfer kitty doesn't really catch it though does it, to get into the top four in this league might cost us another £300m. As we are, we're comfortably in the top half and we've every chance of pushing for sixth again.

Spending ten million doesn't really change that, twenty million doesn't either. Pushing for the top four has become much more expensive since Randy took over, four years ago you would have thought £30m a year in spending would give you a chance, now it would get you nowhere near.

We could go out now and spend £40m and be fifth - and bust.

Faced with that, I think we're playing the right game - we're holding and waiting for a weakness or an opportunity.

A larger transfer kitty doesn't really catch it though does it, to get into the top four in this league might cost us another £300m. As we are, we're comfortably in the top half and we've every chance of pushing for sixth again.

Spending ten million doesn't really change that, twenty million doesn't either. Pushing for the top four has become much more expensive since Randy took over, four years ago you would have thought £30m a year in spending would give you a chance, now it would get you nowhere near.

Faced with that, I think we're playing the right game - we're holding and waiting for a weakness or an opportunity.

Exactly.

One of the reasons why it costs so much.

Man City!

Exactly.

Man City!

People need to get a grip and not be such spoilt brats!

I know. Such spoilt brats who want to compete with the very best. How dare they. What are they thinking?

We'll simply accept mediocrity and finishing 6th-10th and wait for an opportunity. God knows what that opportunity will be, or when it will come. God knows if Randy can even afford to bankroll another spending spree. But Villa fans have been waiting for years anyway. Another few won't hurt.

Also can I just point out that Bob Bradley is WAY ahead of other candidates when it comes to bookies odds. He is 11/10 with William Hill to be the next manager. That usually means he's nailed on to take the job. Sven is second at 5/1. Bradley 1/1 with Sky Bet.

How did we find out that MON had walked out? When the odds on him leaving were slashed by the bookies. I would say there is certainly something happening very soon, especially in regards to the Generals latest comments.

agreed! quality point. but then that raises the question of if its even possible to get into the top 4 without being mega rich.. and then where does that leave football?? a billionaires hobby.. dull times ahead me thinks

Exactly.

Man City!

People need to get a grip and not be such spoilt brats!

I know. Such spoilt brats who want to compete with the very best. How dare they. What are they thinking?

We'll simply accept mediocrity and finishing 6th-10th and wait for an opportunity. God knows what that opportunity will be, or when it will come. God knows if Randy can even afford to bankroll another spending spree. But Villa fans have been waiting for years anyway. Another few won't hurt.

Simple thing is though we don't have that much money so what can we do. I'd love to live the high life like the posh people but i can't afford it so i've got to live within my mean until maybe one day i get a better job and a chance to move up the ladder.

Sigh.

What do you want to happen, Randy to just spend money he doesn't have?

Its going to cost 100's of millions more pounds we dont have.

Just because we always seem to have the shit end doesn't mean it should just happen.

Would you prefer us to be down the bottom or struggling to even exist, to have owners like Pompeys or Liverpool's?

Randy is a cracking owner who has done a hell of a lot of good at Villa, we should be grateful rather than kicking off that he isn't spending another 200mill.

agreed! quality point. but then that raises the question of if its even possible to get into the top 4 without being mega rich.. and then where does that leave football?? a billionaires hobby.. dull times ahead me thinks

This is true, it will be football in general that suffers. The same 4 teams will be far richer and more powerful tan all the others and no one will be able to change it.

Agreed. We do have one massive issue at the moment though. And that is the loss of Milner. It's as if we've had bot our spine AND our heart ripped out at once. We will obviously reform to some extent, but he was instrumental to our team with his energy and his vision. There really isn't anyone around that can replace him. Couple that with a money issue (wages) and the generally poor availability of decent managers at the moment, and I seriously doubt we will even come close to that 6th spot. It is a bit of a mess, and at best I can see us rebuild under anther manager next year.

Its nothing new mate.

We are doing it the right way.

Building for a strong future making sure we have a club to support and enjoy.