Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Jol aint coming this season. He'd become a hate figure at the club he supports. Especially if they went out Champs League, that'd be nice. Sorry for getting us knocked out, I'll **** off now too.

Never gonna happen, he wants Eredivisie and he won't leave without being forced till he wins it.

Jol doesn't support Ajax. He's from the Hague and he was a Feyenord fan.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw Jol's record as a manager is much better than it seems. But he's had to come up the hard way through amateur football and his CV in no way tells the story of just how good he is. I really think he's as good as anyone, but due to some terrible luck at key times his CV just doesn't show it. And I'm not just saying that, he really has had incredibly shit luck as a manager and thus doesn't get rated on par with the very best. If you look at the times he's come close to winning major honours, it's just incredible how much has gone wrong for him. Getting knocked out of the UEFA Cup 1/2 finals because the ball hit a bag and changed direction or missing out on the CL because his team got food poisoning pretty much some up his career.

Jol aint coming this season. He'd become a hate figure at the club he supports. Especially if they went out Champs League, that'd be nice. Sorry for getting us knocked out, I'll **** off now too.

Never gonna happen, he wants Eredivisie and he won't leave without being forced till he wins it.

Oh I see, I thought I read otherwise, obviously it was wrong.

Oh I see, I thought I read otherwise, obviously it was wrong.

No worries.

pay for the 8m randy for jol after todays shocking result

if its mac villa aprk will be empty for the next few seasons. i wont tolerate shitness like today

Comments like this aren't needed.

I think we should be grateful to Kevin and the staff remaining. They are taking on heavy work schedules so we can take our time looking for a new manager. Half the staff left with O'Neill so we're very short staffed, we pretty much have a couple of coaches while Friedel is a temporary goalkeeping coach. I'm not sure we have a fitness coach right now.

McDonald did not expect this, he's done a fantastic job for years in the reserves and has been thrown in the deep end. He's had to take training for both the senior players and youth with McAndrew and then after deal with constant press conferences, the trip to Vienna whilst scouting opposition. Yeah he **** up today, but he doesn't deserve some of the cheap comments I have seen. We've had injuries to deal with and the players out there deserve a few words if anything. We started the first half well but we conceded and their heads all dropped. It was a pathetic roll over, and barely any of them showed any passion to turn it around, I would have been very disappointed if I went today.

IMO this is the most sensible post that I have read on this thread so far.

The only good thing (if thats possible) about losing 6-0 is that we now know that KM is not management material but we should ALL applaud & acknowledge what a terrific coaching job he has done at the Club for the past 15 years with the kids & the reserves hopefully he can resume those normal duties full time.

Moderator Trent Villa pointed out last week that managers & coaches are 2 separate beasts & it is pretty obvious to all that making the big decisions doesn't sit comfortably with KM so there is no shame in that.

In fairness we could have been 2 goals clear before Newcastle's 1st goal & even at 3-0 down you didn't feel we were completely out of the game. The key here was for KM to give a big team talk to prove his management credentials at half time but whatever was said the players showed no positive reaction or respect to this whatsoever in the 2nd half & we were a complete shambles & can have no complaints with the final score.

The players let us all down today by their complete lack of discipline

& lack of pride. I DO NOT HOLD KM responsible for this.

The most important thing now is that we appoint a BIG NAME MANAGER such as Hiddink, Klinsman, Reykaard, Joachim Loew or Koeman. The loyal Villa faithful deserve no less so please, please DO NOT FOIST ANY OLD MUPPET ONTO US.

The next 10 days will answer a lot of questions & no one can then be under any illusions as to whether we intend to be BIG PLAYERS OR NOT!

The problem as someone pointed out on here, is who do the board go to for advice ? I heard the friday the Holte Pub got locked down they met to discuss who to get and Jol was top of the list with Hiddink, but isnt that just football club running by numbers, where is the insight coming from?

Today has proved that KM is probably not the man for the job but to be fair he has not put himself forward for it. I suspect if we have a decent set of results before the end of the month he will be offered the job. Clearly today moves the goal posts slightly!

However he has been asked to take on a role and he will do it to the best of his ability. Whether he is the best man for the job is a different question. Regardless he how he performs in the role he gets my support pending a permanent appointment.

My problem lies with the broader club. They have **** up royally over MON and all the wriggling and finger pointing by the likes of the General cuts no ice with me. The Board runs the club ultimately and they have blamed MON for the way they allowed him to run it.

Net effect we have a managerless, rudderless ship. I have tremendous respect for RL but I doubt that Paul Faulkner really knows what he is doing. We talk bravely about increasing the capacity of the ground - why?. The replica kits do not go on sale until the middle of September - why?. They have piddled around with cosmetic changes to VP - why? They have allowed inflated wages to be paid to average players - why? Based on recent events it smacks to me of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

They need to sort out this shambles as soon as possible. Its nothing to do with today's result, that is just the result of what has and is going on. The club will always have my support but all the good work of the last few years could very quickly unravel if prompt action is not taken.

Lambo is a tough character. Started off with Wycombe, got them to a league cup semi against Chelsea, if i remember they drew 1-1. Took over at Colchester, in his last game beat Norwich 7-1, then took over at Norwich and won leage 1 convincingly. Got off to a decent start in the championship. Mates a Norwich fan and he is constantly full of praise for the guy. Been managing for 5 years now.

it will be Bob Bradley and it will not be me you'll see @ VP with him in charge. Yes i know support the team and the club not the manager etc but with an American owner, mananger & 2 goal keepers we will be a laughing stock simple!

Jürgen Klinsmann or Jol for me (Jol option seems to be all but gone i think)

The club is now a firmly established top 6 side.

Based on that fact it would show incompetence of the highest order if the best Randy/Faulkner could come up with is Bob **** Bradley as our next manager. It would also show the ambition that Randy now has for this football club.

I hope to god Randy gets a manager of the calibre needed to keep us as a top 6 side.