Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Itll not matter who the manager is if the board dictate who can and can not play. Surely Davies should have played instead of Clark today as he has more experience yet due to his contract clause he didnt. We need to buy a striker but nope..... the board obviously arent going to buy again this year. Truely depressing stuff.

So the board shouldn't dictate who plays, but you'd be happy for them to buy a striker when we don't have a manager ?

No, i would have been happy if they had bought the striker in June or July when we had a manager who hasnt been backed by the owner and has since left due to being told the 5 year plan is myth and money is no more!!!!!

Randy owns this club so is responsible for the shambles we are in.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't understand the general Jol love in, although it may be down to the shocking quality of the candidates available for the job. We really need to find a manager who can get the best out of our players and who can make the best use of our limited transfer budget. I jsut hope Randy can find the right man.

Aston Villa are a big club. They are a massive club. I resent being told my head is in the clouds, i just want the best, i wont settle for the Southgate's and Bob **** Bradleys of this world. Basing the size of a club by it's balance sheet is very sad indeed. If you want to settle for those aforementioned candidates and be happy then I do hope your ambition is not reflected amongst other fans

Aston Villa are a big club. They are a massive club. I resent being told my head is in the clouds, i just want the best, i wont settle for the Southgate's and Bob **** Bradleys of this world. Basing the size of a club by it's balance sheet is very sad indeed. If you want to settle for those aforementioned candidates and be happy then I do hope your ambition is not reflected amongst other fans

Yeah your right, it is sad. But its reality Im afraid.

Its reality i'm afraid, the sooner you accept that the better. You can have ambition but realistic ambition.

Do you really think a player or manger will come to Villa, live in Birmingham just because we wont the European cup years ago?

Its all money money money and been like that for a while.

You may as well give up then, or follow a rich club. I wont have my club being linked with such sub standard candidates. I no i wont just 'deal with it' otherwise we may as well shut up shop now and be content with 8th place every year

You wont have?

Well unless we sell to an oil billionaire thats how its going to be.

Its reality i'm afraid, the sooner you accept that the better. You can have ambition but realistic ambition.

Do you really think a player or manger will come to Villa, live in Birmingham just because we wont the European cup years ago?

Its all money money money and been like that for a while.

Looking at it from a purely footballing perspective we have finished 6th in the biggest league in the world for three seasons running and four of the clubs finishing above us (apart from plop once) are among the largest in the business. Our squad is represented in numerous national teams and we have a great history.

Taking all of that into account I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that some very good managers should be interested in the job.

You may as well give up then, or follow a rich club. I wont have my club being linked with such sub standard candidates. I no i wont just 'deal with it' otherwise we may as well shut up shop now and be content with 8th place every year

Its not about giving up or following a rich club. But your attitude just shapes you up for major dissapointment after major dissapointment. I want the champions league title as much as the next man but I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.

Its not about giving up or following a rich club. But your attitude just shapes you up for major dissapointment after major dissapointment. I want the champions league title as much as the next man but I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.

Unless you live forever Tom, don't rule it out.

Jol is the manager of Ajax. I see no reason why he would want to leave Ajax for Villa!

There are 100's of reasons but the main one been that the Dutch league is utter shite and noone gives a flying what's it what goes on in it. I suspect he would want to show spurzz a thing or 2 also. Dutch football and football people are likely to introduce a nice way of playing but still been competitive IMO.

Even if Ajax do go further they will be slammed dunked soon enough by a Man U or Barca.

Unless you live forever Tom, don't rule it out.

Well there was a serious lack of heart attacks yesterday so who knows? :D

No no no Tom - we belong in first place every year, don't you see?!

Well I have heard that rumour.

Well I have heard that rumour.

Good to see you're on board. You see it's hell being a Villa fan and only finishing 6th ever year in the whole country.

Or it's actually pretty damn good.

Or cake.

I thinks we should be doing we can to get Sam Allardyce from Blackburn, pay them compensation and lets's get him. I don't think he was given much chance at Newcastle and given that he can work with minimal resources (though i do feel Lerner will give the next manager full financial backing) I feel he's the man to take us forward.

I thinks we should be doing we can to get Sam Allardyce from Blackburn, pay them compensation and lets's get him. I don't think he was given much chance at Newcastle and given that he can work with minimal resources (though i do feel Lerner will give the next manager full financial backing) I feel he's the man to take us forward.

I don't. We are not in the sort of mess that requires Big Sam. No thank you.

I don't. We are not in the sort of mess that requires Big Sam. No thank you.

If we aren't careful we could be! And that's my greatest fear. Sam could stabilise (sp?) us with the existing squad, then take us forward.