Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virtually everyone can see the new manager SHOULD BE Martin jol

Well I can't.

What has Jol done? What has he won? What did he do at Spurs to make him so great? Didn't he buy the likes of Dos Santos, Taarbat?

Also we cannot make him come, we cannot make Ajax release him.

Its tough shit.

It why when whoever our new manager is Sven, Southgate whoever people are going to have a fit but forget we cannot make other teams release their manager.

Well I can't.

What has Jol done? What has he won? What did he do at Spurs to make him so great? Didn't he buy the likes of Dos Santos, Taarbat?

Who would you bring in then??.

Well I can't.

Ramos signed Dos Santos. Besides for evert taarabt and dos santos, there is a shorey, harewood, salifou and knight. Jol is a top quality manager and as for what he has ever won..... who cares about that? Out of the top 10 candidates for the job, his pedigree is far better. What's Moyes ever won?

Well I can't.

We cannot just force Jol to come.

What if he doesn't want to, just kidnap him?

Well I can't.

I have absolutely no idea. O'Neill leaving when he did was a perfect example of the man and how Martin O'Neill was bigger than Aston Villa. Why else would he refuse to buy 'names'?

I'm not against Jol - but what has he done to deserve this #1 wanted tag? What's he achieved other than to be sacked in the middle of a game and deal with it with dignity? Weren't Spurs towards the bottom of the league when it happened? What makes him this 'top class' manager?

Towards the bottom after taking them to a top 5 finish the previous two seasons. He was also a dodgy hotel meal away taking them to 4th place. The bloke is a top manager, and if i look round at some other candidates for the job, he's the best one by a mile. The other names are horrific, this is Aston Villa for **** sake, people should be busting a gut to take this job

I'm not against Jol - but what has he done to deserve this #1 wanted tag? What's he achieved other than to be sacked in the middle of a game and deal with it with dignity? Weren't Spurs towards the bottom of the league when it happened? What makes him this 'top class' manager?

He is the best of a bad bunch.

To be fair to Jol, his position was made untenable before the start of the season, Spurs had been speaking another manager, Ramos before a ball had been kicked and Spurs had finished 5th the previous season.

The other names are horrific, this is Aston Villa for **** sake, people should be busting a gut to take this job

In your eyes a fans eyes, which will always be a biased.

I bet some managers dont give a monkeys about Villa or even know where Birmingham is!

Well I can't.

We cannot just force Jol to come.

What if he doesn't want to, just kidnap him?

Yes it is a bit like players from other clubs really isn't it, especially those from other leagues that do not even know where Birmingham is

The other names are horrific, this is Aston Villa for **** sake, people should be busting a gut to take this job

I bet some managers dont give a monkeys about Villa or even know where Birmingham is!

Aston Villa is a big club and i cant disagree with this attitude. But I do find it worrying that top managers dont want this job and we are linked with Bradley and Southgate

Aston Villa is a big club and i cant disagree with this attitude. But I do find it worrying that top managers dont want this job and we are linked with Bradley and Southgate

You've got your head in the clouds then.

Villa is not a big club by todays standards, since money ruined the game.

We have done nothing over the past 10 or so years, we have had no European presence and no cups to speak of we're not even in London to fall back on, which seems to matter.

Top manager will not want this job and its got nothing to do with the board.

Unless they bankrupt us.

Who are these top managers that should be falling over each other to manage Villa?

The same reason he was about to leave Ajax for Fulham. And as for managers not knowing where Birmingham is...wake up. This is football club is one of the biggest around, fantastic stadium, won nearly every honour in the game. Why shouldnt we be able to attract the best

He never left Ajax for Fulham tho.

Im not saying we cant attract the best. After all we attracted one of the best in Martin O'Neill. But we certainly havent got a god given right to the best.

This football club is not as big as people make out.

I think it's this simple. If Ajax don't qualify for Champs League against Kiev then they will have to sell some of their best players. This was one of the reasons Jol almost went to Fulham.

So if Villa are interested in Jol, we better hope and pray that he loses at home to Kiev on Wednesday.

You've got your head in the clouds then.

Villa is not a big club by todays standards, since money ruined the game.

We have done nothing over the past 10 or so years, we have had no European presence and no cups to speak of we're not even in London to fall back on, which seems to matter.

Top manager will not want this job and its got nothing to do with the board.

Unless they bankrupt us.

Who are these top managers that should be falling over each other to manage Villa?

Dont you know we won the European in 1982?

I mean why is Mourinho not knocking on our door. Or Forests for that matter?

Because no one gives a rats arse outside of Aston Villa. I think its great that we won the European cup dont get me wrong, but any person I speak to barely knows about it, never mind gives a shit.

Im not having a go at Villa, thats just the harsh reality of football today. We cant sustain a wage structure that is associated with big clubs nowadays.