Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itll not matter who the manager is if the board dictate who can and can not play. Surely Davies should have played instead of Clark today as he has more experience yet due to his contract clause he didnt. We need to buy a striker but nope..... the board obviously arent going to buy again this year. Truely depressing stuff.

At moment I would like and this might be controversial but I think McLeish could do a very good job for us.

At least if Bob Bradley was in charge we would have discipline and great fitness so maybe end for Petrov and a fresh start for NRC.

Itll not matter who the manager is if the board dictate who can and can not play. Surely Davies should have played instead of Clark today as he has more experience yet due to his contract clause he didnt. We need to buy a striker but nope..... the board obviously arent going to buy again this year. Truely depressing stuff.

I still think Davies isn't highly rated here after the mare against Vienna. Kev Mac selected the team and thought even with a knock Clark was the better option and proved wrong. It was his mistake and he admitted it. I can't see a scenario where Lerner is on the phone telling not to pick certain players as to me that's just ridicolous.

I still think Davies isn't highly rated here after the mare against Vienna. Kev Mac selected the team and thought even with a knock Clark was the better option and proved wrong. It was his mistake and he admitted it. I can't see a scenario where Lerner is on the phone telling not to pick certain players as to me that's just ridicolous.

It's not ridiculous at all, it's the reality of the situation and I admire you for not seeing the signs. Will you still believe it is ridiculous if Davies doesn't feature in any league game for AVFC anymore?

Admittedly, I'm not Davies's biggest fan at all, I don't rate him that much, but not even on the bench again? Basically we have a player who's about to play his 3rd career premiership game and first away from VP playing with a knock and we don't name our only other CB, a 10million one, who is perfectly fit even on the bench?! Come on, surely it's not rocket science to see what's going on at Villa.

So the board shouldn't dictate who plays, but you'd be happy for them to buy a striker when we don't have a manager ?

I'd give Lambert a shot, I think this season is a right-off anyway! So what's the harm, he knows what it is about!

This would be lunacy, Lambert never played in the premiership, has coached a few lower division teams, how does that qualify him any more than K Mac ?

If we're looking for experience, even if only short term until Jol is gettable then I think the outstanding candidate is Sven. He did a decent job at Man City, and right now we need someone who can steady the ship, and can immediately bring in a striker.

Sven has the track record, the reputation and the contacts, and he's available now.

It's just a shame he seems to have loyalty issues, but maybe a 1 year contract would suit him and us for now.

I found this post in one of the threads from MM about Luke Young.

He has never asked to leave his only problem was asking ONeil why he was being played out of position and he was never forgiven for it .

A perfectly reasonable question one would think for a RB asking why he is playing at LB!

If this is true then it's ridiculous.... I want a manager who listens & learns rather than one who can't bear for anyone to dare ask him a question and simply HAS to do everything HIS way or not at all.

I found this post in one of the threads from MM about Luke Young.

He has never asked to leave his only problem was asking ONeil why he was being played out of position and he was never forgiven for it .

A perfectly reasonable question one would think for a RB asking why he is playing at LB!

If this is true then it's ridiculous.... I want a manager who listens & learns rather than one who can't bear for anyone to dare ask him a question and simply HAS to do everything HIS way or not at all.

Don't worry, soon we'll have a manager who will NOT want things to go HIS way and will be happy with whatever the board says, see the Davies treatment, for which O'Neill got a lot of abuse, it now seems it wasn't HIS decision after all.

I bet many other decisions haven't been MON's.

I'd give Lambert a shot, I think this season is a right-off anyway! So what's the harm, he knows what it is about!

This would be lunacy, Lambert never played in the premiership, has coached a few lower division teams, how does that qualify him any more than K Mac ?

If we're looking for experience, even if only short term until Jol is gettable then I think the outstanding candidate is Sven. He did a decent job at Man City, and right now we need someone who can steady the ship, and can immediately bring in a striker.

Sven has the track record, the reputation and the contacts, and he's available now.

It's just a shame he seems to have loyalty issues, but maybe a 1 year contract would suit him and us for now.

Never played in the premiership yeah, but has won stuff like the champions league as a player in the 90s and done very well with teams he has managed in England. Look at how fantastic he he turned Norwich around after they lost 7-1 at home to Colchester under their caretaker boss at the start of last season. They went on to win that league by a long way, even though Leeds were like 10 points clears at the top of the table.

I'd sure take Lambo over an aging Sven, who seems to be going down hill as a manager. Hes been sacked by 2 clubs in 3 years, City and Mexico and did nothing to help the Ivory Coast really.

Like everyone else I want Jol, but looking down the shortlist of possible names I see Lambo as a better option than the likes of Bob Bradley, Koeman, Southgate, etc.

From the sounds, its seem we either can't afford Jol or he just doesn't want to leave Ajax at such a late time as their season is starting.

Comments like this aren't needed.

I think we should be grateful to Kevin and the staff remaining. They are taking on heavy work schedules so we can take our time looking for a new manager. Half the staff left with O'Neill so we're very short staffed, we pretty much have a couple of coaches while Friedel is a temporary goalkeeping coach. I'm not sure we have a fitness coach right now.

McDonald did not expect this, he's done a fantastic job for years in the reserves and has been thrown in the deep end. He's had to take training for both the senior players and youth with McAndrew and then after deal with constant press conferences, the trip to Vienna whilst scouting opposition. Yeah he **** up today, but he doesn't deserve some of the cheap comments I have seen. We've had injuries to deal with and the players out there deserve a few words if anything. We started the first half well but we conceded and their heads all dropped. It was a pathetic roll over, and barely any of them showed any passion to turn it around, I would have been very disappointed if I went today.

listen daviesforengland i am not saying mac should leave the club, but he cant escape critisism for yesterday that was absolutely embarssing and if i went all the way up to newcatsle i would wnat to murder someone!

obviously its not entirely his fault but yesterday showed he isnt capable of being a manager at this level. we had players like dunney who abolsutely didnt give ashit yesterday shows how motivated they are.

i wnat macdonald to carry on as reserve team manger but nowhere enar as our first team manager. i blame the previous manager for leaving us in the shit not macdonald.

bottler martin o'neill