Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Well, I can safely say now that they will be losing a customer this year if it is Hollywood Bob.

You wouldn't be the only fan who don't go to VP so it wouldn't be that much of a biggie.

I think it would be most certainly, as the appointment of Bradley as manager will turn a lot of people away from going to home games.

If it was to be Bradley (and he wouldn't be my choice) wouldn't it be a good idea to see how he gets on before boycotting the team?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 120mil on players 4-5 years ago would have got us a decent squad, but since Chelsea and Citeh started their spending sprees that money hasn't got us much.

Maybe when Lerner came that money would have got us a lot more over 4 years and just the mad spending has took what could have been a top 4 club away from us.

Exactly and whos fault is that?

As its certainly not Lerners.

Well, I can safely say now that they will be losing a customer this year if it is Hollywood Bob.

You wouldn't be the only fan who don't go to VP so it wouldn't be that much of a biggie.

I think it would be most certainly, as the appointment of Bradley as manager will turn a lot of people away from going to home games.

I'm sure i wouldn't be the only one delighted that they'd **** off.

Huh? Delighted who **** off Giz?

If we read between the lines of the Generals latest post I think we can fairly take it as evidence that we will not be getting a big name, rather we will be getting someone in desperate enough for the job, but us fans aren't desperate for him to take it ie a Bob Bradley or someone along those lines.

Last week General stated we would get the best man in for the job. Now all the talented managers are at clubs, or doing something else....yeh..

So are we meant to force these managers to join us our, by kidnaping them?

We cannot force people to come!

Hes right all the current decent managers are employed, otherwise they wouldn't be employed would they?

You need to get real its not football manager.

No, we can approach other clubs and pay a compensation package.

Oh right.

And you know we wont do that how?

So what if the manager doesn't want to come? Threaten them?

So Lerner goes from buying us, bringing in MON (basically) investing every year, done above and beyond to improve us yet overnight just because MON left he is useless, we're terrible and poorly run?

At the same time because he 'might' not be continuing pumping millions in he is also being questioned.

He supported MON to the hilt and whos fault is it that were not at the point he thought we would, not MON's no not his still Randys fault!

Absolute joke!

As people have already stated something has obviously changed. The whole summer has been an absolute travesty. No communication with the board and manager, and it appears as if they didn't discuss the transfer budget until August.

Clubs with ambition to still go for it go out of their way to get a man in that can realise their ambitions and objectives. Will Bradley guide us to the champions league? Lol..I don't think so.

Clubs with ambitions and desires to do well in the PL go for competent, known managers. They get in contact with that club and offer a financial package. Last week General said we would get the best man in, within 6 days his language has changed completely and it looks as if the club will be looking at less known managers.

The simple fact is Bob Bradley isn't going to get the crowds flocking to Villa Park. He isn't going to get people to spend their hard earned cash on away trips in December.

And of course I don't know that the club haven't made approaches. However, the media always have a few known names that are in contention for the post. Who have we had? Bob Bradley? Gareth Southgate?

Lol, tells you all about the ambition of the club now, settling for shit.

You seem to be able to see into the future and know all these negative futures.

Why did MON come to Villa? Ellis or Lerner.

How can he go from appointing someone decent to someone terrible for the club?

No communication between the board and manager, you know this how?

Ambition?

Is Randy meant to magic this money out of think air, where does it come from?

He has invested massively in Villa millions and millions.

Our fans are bloody spoilt and ridiculous.

This may come as one massive surprise to certain people here, but to get anywhere close to the top four you have to invest millions and millions. It isn't a cheap route to go down.

I know. How dare they question the board appointing someone because they're the cheap option, and also a potential yes man. SHOCK HORROR!

This may come as one massive surprise to certain people here, but to get anywhere close to the top four you have to invest millions and millions. It isn't a cheap route to go down.

You seem to be ignoring my questions.

And if we dont have these millions and millions?

And if all these top managers just dont want to come to Villa, even if we pay their employing club?

You just keep spouting future reading nonsense as if its going to happen!

If we read between the lines of the Generals latest post I think we can fairly take it as evidence that we will not be getting a big name, rather we will be getting someone in desperate enough for the job, but us fans aren't desperate for him to take it ie a Bob Bradley or someone along those lines.

Last week General stated we would get the best man in for the job. Now all the talented managers are at clubs, or doing something else....yeh..

Hes right all the current decent managers are employed, otherwise they wouldn't be employed would they?

Oh right.

So Lerner goes from buying us, bringing in MON (basically) investing every year, done above and beyond to improve us yet overnight just because MON left he is useless, we're terrible and poorly run?

At the same time because he 'might' not be continuing pumping millions in he is also being questioned.

He supported MON to the hilt and whos fault is it that were not at the point he thought we would, not MON's no not his still Randys fault!

Absolute joke!

As people have already stated something has obviously changed. The whole summer has been an absolute travesty. No communication with the board and manager, and it appears as if they didn't discuss the transfer budget until August.

Clubs with ambition to still go for it go out of their way to get a man in that can realise their ambitions and objectives. Will Bradley guide us to the champions league? Lol..I don't think so.

Clubs with ambitions and desires to do well in the PL go for competent, known managers. They get in contact with that club and offer a financial package. Last week General said we would get the best man in, within 6 days his language has changed completely and it looks as if the club will be looking at less known managers.

The simple fact is Bob Bradley isn't going to get the crowds flocking to Villa Park. He isn't going to get people to spend their hard earned cash on away trips in December.

And of course I don't know that the club haven't made approaches. However, the media always have a few known names that are in contention for the post. Who have we had? Bob Bradley? Gareth Southgate?

Ambition?

you only have to spend millions and millions if you don't know what your doing.....of course you need money but you need nous too.

You are doing more than just questioning it though. It is fine to question it. I don't understand how you would stop going because of it though? It isn't as if the board have already signed rubbish coaches and staff before?

Ambition?

In response to you stating I am ignoring your questions, no I'm not but I can't answer them right now. No, I don't have the ability to see into the future, but by being rational and honest anyone can see that future looks bleak. 1 signing, no manager on the horizon, looks as if it will be a less known, cheap name who will come in and do the job that is required. Which won't be the CL, as we haven't improved enough whatsoever. I predict we will be lucky to get into the Europa League, which is very ironic considering the last regime treated it with such disdain.

There was quite clearly no communication between the former manager and the board. MON said in interviews he didn't know what was going on with Milner, and reporters had to speak to Randy or Faulkner, as he didn't have a clue. Quite clearly communication was going on here.

MON apparently walked out over transfer funds from the Milner sale. Now we knew all summer that Milner was off, so why wasn't he told in July, that he wouldn't be given the funds to spend? It was dragged out until August and 5 days before the season. Great communication going on here. It's embarrassing. There are serious flaws from top to bottom, and this summer has proved just that. It's been an absolute disaster from start to finish. No manager on the horizon, destroyed by a poor Newcastle side 6-0 away from home. This season looks fantastic. 8 days until the transfer window closes and we'll be signing nobody.

If Randy couldn't bankroll the club to the top 4 then why did he say that was the dream? That was what the club would aim for?

Again, as I said I can't see into the future. All I can give is predictions on my basis of thought. That of course isn't the whole truth, it may be way off. But we'll see the ambition of the club by the next managerial appointment. If it is someone big, someone respected I will apologise and admit I was wrong.

Oh right.

Absolute joke!

Ambition?

you only have to spend millions and millions if you don't know what your doing.....of course you need money but you need nous too.

true, but how do we get a manager that has that. MON is great, but not in a transfer market were he had to find gems to compete with Man Citys wealth.

We need a manager with an eye for a player and real man management skills - they are not easy to find!

Ambition?

In response to you stating I am ignoring your questions, no I'm not but I can't answer them right now. No, I don't have the ability to see into the future, but by being rational and honest anyone can see that future looks bleak. 1 signing, no manager on the horizon, looks as if it will be a less known, cheap name who will come in and do the job that is required. Which won't be the CL, as we haven't improved enough whatsoever. I predict we will be lucky to get into the Europa League, which is very ironic considering the last regime treated it with such disdain.

There was quite clearly no communication between the former manager and the board. MON said in interviews he didn't know what was going on with Milner, and reporters had to speak to Randy or Faulkner, as he didn't have a clue. Quite clearly communication was going on here.

MON apparently walked out over transfer funds from the Milner sale. Now we knew all summer that Milner was off, so why wasn't he told in July, that he wouldn't be given the funds to spend? It was dragged out until August and 5 days before the season. Great communication going on here. It's embarrassing. There are serious flaws from top to bottom, and this summer has proved just that. It's been an absolute disaster from start to finish. No manager on the horizon, destroyed by a poor Newcastle side 6-0 away from home. This season looks fantastic. 8 days until the transfer window closes and we'll be signing nobody.

If Randy couldn't bankroll the club to the top 4 then why did he say that was the dream? That was what the club would aim for?

Again, as I said I can't see into the future. All I can give is predictions on my basis of thought. That of course isn't the whole truth, it may be way off. But we'll see the ambition of the club by the next managerial appointment. If it is someone big, someone respected I will apologise and admit I was wrong.

You cannot answer them now, but you can go around shouting nonsense, yeah that makes sense!

Where is Randy going to get this money from?

Were City around destroying all values of players when Randy bought us?

What has Randy done to deserve you questioning him claiming we're going to sign a shit manager not right for Villa?

What evidence is there that he has never done anything but for the good of the club.

And could you please point out the nonsense that I have said?

If Randy can't afford to bankroll the club, then why did he say that we were going for the Champions League? Was he unaware that clubs had to spend millions to get there? Especially a club like Villa who when MON took over had one of the worst squads in the PL. It would obviously cost him more money to improve such a squad than another team in the top half. It isn't cheap to get into the CL, so if someone publicly states on more than one occasion that they want to get there, and are also known to be a billionaire, you naturally assume that such a man has plenty of money to spend.

Are you saying we haven't bought anyone because City destroyed players values? I think that is a load of nonsense.

I respect Lerner for what he has done to Villa, very much. I just don't believe that everyone should close their eyes and blindly follow and believe. This summer has made me question things at this club, and I am certainly not the only one that has done so. How dare they ask questions about where we are going. People have been asking all summer whether we have money to spend, some thought it was just MON being his usual self and waiting until the end, and low and behold he walks out.

The rumours and talk is that we will be getting a shit manager. As I said at any other club the manager that usually comes in is high up with the bookies. He's also usually touted in the media and people have a general idea of who it is.

We've had the likes of Bob Bradley and Gareth Southgate linked with the job. Again, if we get a proper manager in, and not some joke I will apologise. If we bring in someone like Bradley or Southgate, it is quite clear that the ambition and desire to break into the top 4 has gone.

I'd give Lambert a shot, I think this season is a right-off anyway! So what's the harm, he knows what it is about!

This would be lunacy, Lambert never played in the premiership, has coached a few lower division teams, how does that qualify him any more than K Mac ?

If we're looking for experience, even if only short term until Jol is gettable then I think the outstanding candidate is Sven. He did a decent job at Man City, and right now we need someone who can steady the ship, and can immediately bring in a striker.

Sven has the track record, the reputation and the contacts, and he's available now.

It's just a shame he seems to have loyalty issues, but maybe a 1 year contract would suit him and us for now.

Never played in the premiership yeah, but has won stuff like the champions league as a player in the 90s and done very well with teams he has managed in England. Look at how fantastic he he turned Norwich around after they lost 7-1 at home to Colchester under their caretaker boss at the start of last season. They went on to win that league by a long way, even though Leeds were like 10 points clears at the top of the table.

I'd sure take Lambo over an aging Sven, who seems to be going down hill as a manager. Hes been sacked by 2 clubs in 3 years, City and Mexico and did nothing to help the Ivory Coast really.

Like everyone else I want Jol, but looking down the shortlist of possible names I see Lambo as a better option than the likes of Bob Bradley, Koeman, Southgate, etc.

From the sounds, its seem we either can't afford Jol or he just doesn't want to leave Ajax at such a late time as their season is starting.

And who is going to sign for a manager they have never heard of ?

Yes, Champions League as a player is great, but he was never talked about as world class, and I seriously doubt any foreign players have even heard of him, I doubt even more that he has the contacts to bring in players suitable for this level in the timescales we have (and players are still needed).

Lambert has had 2 good seasons at lower league clubs, it would be suicide to appoint him here at t his time.

Fingers crossed for Bob Bradley.

I know. He did so fantastic with USA, especially getting tactically ponced by Ghana. No PL experience. Players who won't have a clue about him. Young will likely head for the door, so will others.

And could you please point out the nonsense that I have said?

If Randy can't afford to bankroll the club, then why did he say that we were going for the Champions League? Was he unaware that clubs had to spend millions to get there? Especially a club like Villa who when MON took over had one of the worst squads in the PL. It would obviously cost him more money to improve such a squad than another team in the top half. It isn't cheap to get into the CL, so if someone publicly states on more than one occasion that they want to get there, and are also known to be a billionaire, you naturally assume that such a man has plenty of money to spend.

Are you saying we haven't bought anyone because City destroyed players values? I think that is a load of nonsense.

I respect Lerner for what he has done to Villa, very much. I just don't believe that everyone should close their eyes and blindly follow and believe. This summer has made me question things at this club, and I am certainly not the only one that has done so. How dare they ask questions about where we are going. People have been asking all summer whether we have money to spend, some thought it was just MON being his usual self and waiting until the end, and low and behold he walks out.

The rumours and talk is that we will be getting a shit manager. As I said at any other club the manager that usually comes in is high up with the bookies. He's also usually touted in the media and people have a general idea of who it is.

We've had the likes of Bob Bradley and Gareth Southgate linked with the job. Again, if we get a proper manager in, and not some joke I will apologise. If we bring in someone like Bradley or Southgate, it is quite clear that the ambition and desire to break into the top 4 has gone.

I dont even know where to start with this.

Your talking nonsense by going on about, we have no ambition, hollywood brad and especially City have no impact etc etc etc, load of old cobblers.

The rumours and talk is that we will be getting a shit manager.

We've had the likes of Bob Bradley and Gareth Southgate linked

Rumours, linked. Are they our manager? NO!

You dont respect Lerner, if you did you would let him do his job and not crucify him for rumours!

You realise the whole world is slowly coming our of a recession?

Everyone apart from City are struggling, they just sign who they like when nobody else can, you honestly believe that has no effect? If so then there is no reasoning with you.

You want Randy to say, we're going for avoiding relegation, get out there lads and avoid relegation?

How about this for some crazy off the hook theory.

Randy buys us, he is a billionaire but not so much that he can just spend spend spend.

He can spend spend spend upto a point by that point we needed to have got somewhere, top 4.

We didnt we he cannot afford to carry on spending spending spending.

Chelsea and City can afford to **** up and just buy a whole new team, Randy cannot.

If you want to blame someone blame MON, he failed to achieve more with what was given rightly or wrongly.

Do you believe Bob Bradley can lead Villa to the Champions League then if he becomes manager? Apparently Randys aims and objectives haven't changed whatsoever and he is still up for it. Do you honestly believe Bob Bradley can do what MON couldn't?

On the point about City, how the hell is it nonsense? We haven't bought players this summer because Man City have spent out millions and destroyed the value of players? Get a grip. We haven't spent money on players this summer because there is no money there to spend. Either that or there is only a small portion of the Milner money available I would imagine. That isn't because Man City have smashed the value of players, its because Randy has other ideas for the money, which he can of course do.

Do you believe Bob Bradley can lead Villa to the Champions League then if he becomes manager? Apparently Randys aims and objectives haven't changed whatsoever and he is still up for it. Do you honestly believe Bob Bradley can do what MON couldn't?

On the point about City, how the hell is it nonsense? We haven't bought players this summer because Man City have spent out millions and destroyed the value of players? Get a grip. We haven't spent money on players this summer because there is no money there to spend. Either that or there is only a small portion of the Milner money available I would imagine. That isn't because Man City have smashed the value of players, its because Randy has other ideas for the money, which he can of course do.

Why are you going on about Bob Bradley, is he our manager?

NO

So City spending massive over inflated prices has no effect on the market? Absolutely ridiculous if you think that, it makes no sense!

Yes we dont have as much money as City, look what the general has just done.

What do you want Randy to do magic the money out of thin air, you keep ignoring this question.

I want the ambition to have a Ferrari but unless i win the lottery its not going to happen, stamping my feet and moaning about it is not going to get me one is it?

I could spend all the money i have trying to get one and then up on the streets, that would be clever wouldn't it?

Please stop talking rubbish, you claim to have respect for Lerner but that is quite simply a lie.

If you did you would let him make his decision and not keep posting shit about him based on rumours alone.

Are we a poorly run club, are we in financial trouble?