Barry Bannan

villianusa

This is a weird one. Every time I watch Bannan play, he seems a level above the rest of the team in terms of technique and ideas. Must be something missing with him at this stage, though, if Houllier doesn't fancy him. For the record, I really, really like Bannan and think he'll tear up the Championship.
My simple analysis of him at the moment is that Bannan in possession is not the problem. Bannan without possession is where his game is lacking. If he doesn't have the ball then the game can pass him by (and it has done).

Spot on there for me Bri.

Good move for him as he will get games and a lot of Leeds fans are excited by this loan.

Think GH rates him but just we are in a poor situation in the league to give him regular games

Bit of a surprise given Petrov's form but I hope he does well. It's worth watching Leeds games with two of ours out there and hopefully he'll be the better for it when the Pires finally seizes up and he has to come back.

This is a weird one. Every time I watch Bannan play, he seems a level above the rest of the team in terms of technique and ideas. Must be something missing with him at this stage, though, if Houllier doesn't fancy him. For the record, I really, really like Bannan and think he'll tear up the Championship.
My simple analysis of him at the moment is that Bannan in possession is not the problem. Bannan without possession is where his game is lacking. If he doesn't have the ball then the game can pass him by (and it has done).

Agree totally and we can only have one of those sorts of players in the 11 and Downing is that one.

Cannot see why anyone would think of this as a bad move by Houllier, unless it is because it is BY Houllier.

I think it's a bad move because he's better than half the midfielders we still have at the club, and should be playing ahead of the likes of Bradley, Petrov and Pires. An injury or suspension to the likes of Makoun and we could use his passing ability.

I don't see why Villa would loan him to them to sit on their bench. He may aswell sit on ours in that case. I see what you're saying but I'd be surprised if discussions around game time hadn't happened before the loan went through.

If he is/was just going to sit on the bench then it makes sense that we loan him to Leeds assuming of course they are paying towards his wages.

I think it's a bad move because he's better than half the midfielders we still have at the club, and should be playing ahead of the likes of Bradley, Petrov and Pires. An injury or suspension to the likes of Makoun and we could use his passing ability.

Disgaree tbh and we can recall him if needs be (least i pressume so?).

As much as i like Bannan we aren't or least shouldnt be reliant on him .

bannon said the other week that GH had sat him down and told him that has a big future at Villa and he was happy with that, guess this may have been said when he was being told about the loan.

I would agree 100%. If he is playing we need to be playing a three man CM so he has the space and time to do what he does.

-------------- NRC --------------

-------------------- Bannan ----

---- ACM -----------------------

But I think the same can be said of Delph and Makoun. I see them very much as similar players, although Delph may have the engine and ability to beat a man that enables him to play as the ACM. Be interesting to see:

------------- Makoun -------------

---------------------- Bannan ----

---- Delph ------------------------

Although this could possibly be a little lightweight?

Not sure about this loan. I guess it may be beneficial, as it seems Hou is not willing to play him now for the run in, as he has other options in CM.

But for me he should be playing for us now. He's good enough IMO. Class act.

Bannan pushed for this the kid was desperate to go and play .

I like him but not totally convinced personally he will make it to the next level

A good sign for him personally that he wants to play, but can't see him having more than a squad role next season so I think that might well mean he'll be looking for a move.

Good move I think, get him a few games and currently I would have Makoun, Delph and NRC ahead of him. Next season I expect him to be properly rotated in our midfield.

Not sure about this loan. I guess it may be beneficial, as it seems Hou is not willing to play him now for the run in, as he has other options in CM.

But for me he should be playing for us now. He's good enough IMO. Class act.

Totally disagree I'm afraid. I think he has potential, but he needs a lot of game experience to shake off his naivety. The team really carries him when he plays, and our midfield is usually not good enough to do so.

Delighted with this loan move, I would also be happy to see him loaned at the start of next season.