Barry Bannan

villianusa

Was poor last night...I think start of next season we need to send him on loan to another prem club for 6 months, same for the Fonz.

Only if we sign another striker, Heskey shouldn't put on a Villa shirt next season.

I thought Barry was our best player against City although that's not saying much. It looked to me that because of the poor performances of the rest of the front six he tried to force the issue at times and because of that, gave the ball away more than he normally would.

barry bannan is what i call a proper football, he is never going to out jump a player or win a 50/50 tackle but he has got good technical ability and a great footballing brain, he reminds me of a cross between gordon cowans and ray houghton.

he needs a tackler next to him in midfield and i think that should be nrc, or even a midfield three of bannan, nrc and makoun.

To be honest, it would be fine to field Bannan with a proper first team whilst he gets up to speed.

When he's one of the oldest people on the pitch, thats when you have issues.

I like our teams shape at the moment (the players dont quite fill it as a squad - the first 11 do kind of, but the squad doesnt). But I dont see why we are so Hesitant to alter it slightly depending on the game, The SS could easily be moved about to accomodate rotation into the team. Jose Mourinho always strictly teaches his clubs 2 main formations and makes them stick to it, usually using one for 95% of the time and another as a backup, rarely will he adjust from these 2 formations. I think we need something similar maybe 3/4 formations that practically keep the same shape and is easy to adjust from,

4-2-3-1 - Young/New Guy as an AMC or Second striker.

--------------Keeper

Fullback---Def---Def---Fullback

------------Mid---Mid

Winger-------AMC-------Winger

-------------Striker

4-2-1-2-1 - Bannan or Delph just infront of too Box-to-Box (rotating young out) or DM (for harder games)

--------------Keeper

------------Mid---Mid

----------------AM

Winger-------------------Winger

-------------Striker

4-1-2-2-1 (4-5-1) - Defensive Mid sweeping behind the midfield for hard games.

--------------Keeper

----------------DM

------------Mid---Mid

Winger-------------------Winger

-------------Striker

2nd one would be perfect for Bannan - especially for those that dont see him in the AMC role (personally i think thats where his future is) but not much diference between the first two really, would barely if at all change the shape would just mean there is a midfield 3 instead of 2 with a 3rd playing as a striker.

Would give him 2 players behind him that are better defensively, and if they are experienced some players that can account for his mistakes (hes young, they'll happen). Would be good for him, cant personally see him in a midfield two (was same with Adam) he doesn't quite have the defensive capabilities and definitely doesnt have the height for it. In a Midfield 2, I think you really have to have the ability to be a Defensive midfielder (not a fantastic one, just the ability to put a great tackle in, be strong and also be able to pass)

That's your opinion.

We've seen so many youngsters come through and a lot of us think they're going to be great.

With Bannan I think he looks like he COULD be a player given the right coaching.

However, in my opinion, he shouldn't be a first choice player yet.

I see a weak player, knocked off the ball easy, not great positional sense, poor in the air, very tidy passer, decent technique but little goal threat.

It would be boring if we all had the same view but for me a player like Albrighton is far more talented and does what I want from a player (who has similar defensive deficiencies to his game) - he scores and he creates

-----------Delph---------Makoun-----------

Downing---------Young---------Albrighton

-------------------Bent----------------------

With Bannan and NRC to be brought on in different situations. Would love the above team to start one game together. Dont think its happened yet but hopefully with Delph now fully fit and Makoun coming back from his suspension, it can happen soon.

I see a weak player, knocked off the ball easy, not great positional sense, poor in the air, very tidy passer, decent technique but little goal threat.

Can you fairly accuse a 21-year-old built like a 12-year-old of being too weak and poor in the air? He may be able to strengthen up some, but he's never going to beat the likes of Yaya Toure in a typical 50-50.

i only hope he stops with us over the next couple of years, because i really think he is going to be a top player in a few years time, yes he is lightweight but as long as we surround him with a bit of steel i don't see a problem.

i think he would best be suited to a five man midfield, where he could have a free role to pick passes and unlock defences.

alot will depend on who the manager is, i think GH will trust him and give him a chance where as someone like sam allardyce will not give him the time of day due to his size ( just like MON didn't give him a chance).

Can you fairly accuse a 21-year-old built like a 12-year-old of being too weak and poor in the air? He may be able to strengthen up some, but he's never going to beat the likes of Yaya Toure in a typical 50-50.

Exactly and that is partly my point. If he is offering very little defensively then personally I would like to see more of the end product at the other end.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a very tidy player. I'm talking about goals and assists.