Barry Bannan

villianusa

he won't make it here, even as a squad player

The most talented youngster we have wont make it, but Ethan Moore is world class.

Thats some powerful stuff you've been taking.

our most talented youngster??? albrighton, clark and delfouneso have a lot more potential than he does

Sorry but as much as I like Delfouneso he does no way in hell have as much potential as Bannan. How long are we giving Delfouneso to get good? Every year we say - 'give him next year, he'll be class'. It'll get to a point when we don't realise he's probably edging towards retirement.

Albrighton has reached his goal here, he has the ability to become a first team regular. I wouldn't say he's reached his potential but he's getting there. It's just a pity that 2 world class wingers are keeping him on the bench.

Clark is a versatile player and can play in a numerous of positions as we know but I wouldn't budge him from his natural position - centre back. What's wrong with having reliability in different positions anyway?

You have been taking some powerful stuff indeed.

sorry warnock but's indisputable that albrighton and clark have more potential than bannan, albrighton and clark have been regulars this season whereas bannan was farmed out to leeds and he couldn't get in the team, all of them are around the same age also

Get the feeling he wont be doing (and hasnt been doing) any decision making and is just going off of any plan they've already had and talking to Houllier, no chance is he going to be running it his own way.

Get the feeling he wont be doing (and hasnt been doing) any decision making and is just going off of any plan they've already had and talking to Houllier, no chance is he going to be running it his own way.

Surley GH isn't wielding that much control ? - if things aren't going well on sat and GMAC wants to bring bannan on - surely he will be able to ?

Well obviously substitutions are up to him but again I'd have thought there would be some kind of game plan there too. Or maybe i presume football to be a much more thought out and professional game that it actually is, i dunno lol.

• 4 months later...

Thought he played reasonably well too. Just can't understand the formation today - I've liked the way we've set up 4-2-3-1 so far this season and have thought for a while that all we needed to do was replace Heskey with Bannan (or possibly Ireland) in the central role between midfield and Bent and we would see that little more cohesion in our play. With Heskey injured and Bannan starting, I just don't understand why we shifted to a very flat 4-4-2 with Bannan stranded out wide on the right. He tried to make the best of things but he's always going to be less effective if not in the middle.

I have defended McLeish on these boards on a number of issues and always try to see the reason behind certain decisions, even if I don't agree with them, but the tactics and formation were all wrong today and he has to take the blame for that.

Thought he played reasonably well too. Just can't understand the formation today - I've liked the way we've set up 4-2-3-1 so far this season and have thought for a while that all we needed to do was replace Heskey with Bannan (or possibly Ireland) in the central role between midfield and Bent and we would see that little more cohesion in our play. With Heskey injured and Bannan starting, I just don't understand why we shifted to a very flat 4-4-2 with Bannan stranded out wide on the right. He tried to make the best of things but he's always going to be less effective if not in the middle.

I have defended McLeish on these boards on a number of issues and always try to see the reason behind certain decisions, even if I don't agree with them, but the tactics and formation were all wrong today and he has to take the blame for that.

Defo the shape was abysmal today.

Gabby and Bent aren't a partnership at all. Bannan would be far more effective in teh middle and let's face it - is there any way he could be worse than Delph?

cracking post and sums up my thoughts exactly!

Im a big fan, but he would be the first midfielder on my teamsheet every week. Hes the only one that can **** create anything, little dink ball to Gabby for our goal, we created nothing when he couldn't get in the game second half. Nobody else even thinks to play some of the balls he attempts.