Barry Bannan

villianusa

think hes shown hes better than that to be honest and hope its not true. Could do with a loan I guess, maybe to Blackpool again (for when they lose Adam) until January maybe or possibly the season...if they stay up. Championship is above his level would like to see him in our squad a bit more to be honest.

I can see where your coming from lads but we have Makoun and Delph fully available ow and i doubt he will get much game time. I'd rather as many of our kinds as possible play every week.

I'd rather he was given the odd 20 minutes every now and then until the end of the season, and given the opportunity to show what he could do and push for a more regular place in the side.

Agreed vay.

We have a lot of CMs available at the moment. Bannan is a very bright prospect, and if we think he isn't going to get much game time here (we'r eout of the cup now after all!) then the game time will be good for him.

to be fair as much as i cant stand them leeds are flying, promoted twice in two years for barry maybe? 10 minutes here every other game or 90 every week for them? i still think he's got a future here because IMO petrov and NRC havent

i bloody jinxed him by having his name on my shirt :(

At the moment I think it makes sense. After the summer he could have a squad role. We have a lot of centre midfielders atm with the likes of Reo Coker, Makoun and Petrov being ahead of him. For next season he could be in the squad when a few of the players potentially move on.

Bannan gone

Barry Bannan has joined Leeds United on loan until the end of the season.

0,,10265~9206493,00.jpg

Bannan was thrust into first team action over November and December and made a big impact, with stunning distribution from the central ground.

But the classy 21-year-old found his opportunities reduce with the return to fitness of Nigel Reo-Coker and Stiliyan Petrov as well as the arrival of Robert Pires and Jean II Makoun.

He made his Barclays Premier League debut as a substitute against West Ham on the opening day of the season. A few days later he scored his first claret and blue goal against Rapid Vienna in the Europa League play-off first leg at the Gerhard Hanappi Stadium.

From there on, he made a string of top-flight appearances with the stand-out display coming in the 1-1 draw at Fulham, when his sublime pass set up Marc Albrighton.

Bannan's first taste of senior football came in Villa's 2008-09 UEFA Cup campaign, when he featured against Hamburg and CSKA Moscow.

He also enjoyed a brief loan spell at Derby County later that term.

In this latest temporary stint, Leeds have an option to extend should they get to the Championship play-offs. He joins fellow young lion Eric Lichaj at Elland Road.

Bannan will be going for his second promotion in a row, having helped Blackpool to the Barclays Premier League courtesy of a series of brilliant performances for the Tangerines.