The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It's absolutely criminal how his career has gone since he left us. You get the sense Pep merely brought him because he could. And now he can't even get in the first eleven for the Carabo Cup. I would love for him to come back. I believe he would flourish under Emery, and he would have no problem fitting in. He can't be happy winning medals when he's hardly contributed to the success. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He'd know that all the other players he regularly starts over him who are more effective are " unrealer " I guess.

Look at his minutes last season. Probably played more than you think when he was available. He gets plenty of game time there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He looks abysmal tonight. God we robbed them.

When he was playing for us, apart from De Bryune, he was the best player in the Country and in the toughest league in the World . I would have him stay rather than the money every day of the week. That's how pivotal he was in claret and blue. He's like most maverick players, you need to let them loose. If only England had a manager who was less rigid, Harry Rednapp used to purr over his talent. They could have built that England side airound him. Like I said before, any other Country, he plays from the first minute. Pep and Southgate have drained him of confidence and belief, and all players need those assets. When he played for us under Dean Smith it's difficult to remember him having a bad game. 

What a waste.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

We all know that Jack at his best playing regularly always comes out near the top for chance creation, key passes, ball carries etc.

You can't compare how effective he is to Martinez. Different leagues. Martinez had a 46% save ratio during the World Cup. Great in shootouts but he's not some elite keeper, unfortunately.

If ever there was a transfer that illustrated the old adage that the grass is not always greener it was the Grealish transfer. He was phenomenal for us under Smith and the consistency was on another level. He has to be feeling some pangs of regret at the way things have panned out. 

I would welcome him back in a heartbeat. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

Grealish might have won trophies but there is no denying he has contributed very little. The city fans dont him worship like villa fans did. He was a hero here.

Now he is just another city player. Deep down he isnt happy there you can see it and he knows he made a mistake

17 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Look at his minutes last season. Probably played more than you think when he was available. He gets plenty of game time there.

£100m for a player that’s only played 90 minutes in the league twice this season. He’s a luxury asset for City with their oil wealth. 

Edited by The_Steve

Are people going to be making excuses for him playing very little all season, again?

He must be frustrated, bit part player at club and country level despite being lauded as an amazing talent whilst at Villa.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

The more this continues the more it looks like we robbed City. Last season can give him a pass but this season he has done very little and is honestly looking like a huge dud

By every footballing metric, he’s been a flop. City had no intention of getting the best out of him beyond the commercial aspects. It’s now so bad that Jack is taking BeReal’s of himself in an empty changing room after playing just 15 minutes. At least he gets to hug his bestie Foden though. 

Â