The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He played well today but I wonder why a young Italian is so angry with him. Must be because he is so good. Nothing to do with him being a wind up merchant right ?

Winding people up by getting kicked in the shins?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

All I want to know is players get booted in the shins every game because they are so good. Why doesn’t it happen to players like KDB or Mo Salah?

You mean like how Greenwood booted KDB from behind and got booked?

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I didn’t see it. Did everyone want to better KDB straight after ?

I'm not really sure what your point is.  Grealish got booted in the shins, Klich got booked, Gnotno decided to push Grealish, then handle the ref and also got booked.

In the same game, KDB got booted from behind by Greenwood (who got booked) and also Joe Gelhardt decided to push some Man City defender into Ederson late on (didn't get booked).

My conclusion is more that Leeds are a bunch of cloggers, but maybe it was all Jack Grealish's fault.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I'm not really sure what your point is.  Grealish got booted in the shins, Klich got booked, Gnotno decided to push Grealish, then handle the ref and also got booked.

In the same game, KDB got booted from behind by Greenwood (who got booked) and also Joe Gelhardt decided to push some Man City defender into Ederson late on (didn't get booked).

My conclusion is more that Leeds are a bunch of cloggers, but maybe it was all Jack Grealish's fault.

My point is why does this happen to Grealish every game?

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Because he has fantastic close control and the ability to keep the ball close to him.  If any player misjudges their tackle, it'll be a foul.

He isn't the only player in World football to get fouled.  It happens to Messi a lot as well, for example.

Messi gets fouled cuz he so good. Jack they want to hurt. He’s the king of shit housery as it’s called these days which I have no problem with. He’s on the constant wind up. It’s part of the game. But I’m seeing some our own fans turning on Emi for it  for whereas Jack is the best at it but they still love him. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

It’s the way he plays, taking players on and trying to beat them with the ball at his feet. Players like that are always getting kicked. 

He doesn’t just get kicked mate. There’s malice many times. Remember Atletico Madrid.  He gets in to opponents heads. It’s up to them how they deal with it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Messi gets fouled cuz he so good. Jack they want to hurt. He’s the king of shit housery as it’s called these days which I have no problem with. He’s on the constant wind up. It’s part of the game. But I’m seeing some our own fans turning on Emi for it  for whereas Jack is the best at it but they still love him. 

How is he the king of shithousery?!

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Because he has fantastic close control and the ability to keep the ball close to him.  If any player misjudges their tackle, it'll be a foul.

He isn't the only player in World football to get fouled.  It happens to Messi a lot as well, for example.

Yeha there was a great YouTube analytics video when he was with us that tried to look at what made him fouled so much and basically his whole game is based around him keeping the ball closer to his feet than any other player, he runs with the ball no further than a metre away from him which doesn't sound like a lot but we've all spent years watching it, means the defender has to get closer to him than any other player to make a tackle, pair that with his own quick feet and the result is a foul

De Bruyne et al play with the ball further ahead of their body so they don't get the same kicks

The first assist for Haaland shows you why he'll never score enough goals, he was clean through and a player of his ability should be slotting it past the keeper but he didn't for a minute fancy it and couldn't wait to square it to Haaland.

• Confused 1

Â