The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The more this continues the more it looks like we robbed City. Last season can give him a pass but this season he has done very little and is honestly looking like a huge dud

They’ve kind of robbed themselves. It would be like signing a keeper and playing him up front. 

They knew the type of player he was but they’ve decided to make him go against all his natural instincts of what made him special.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

They’ve kind of robbed themselves. It would be like signing a keeper and playing him up front. 

They knew the type of player he was but they’ve decided to make him go against all his natural instincts of what made him special.

Yeah but great players can adapt. Grealish doesn't seem to be able to. He is surrounded by greateness but just seems incapable of playing.

I was 100% certain he would end up at Newcastle after this city move. But the whole almiron episode the skunk fans would never accept him. Spurs probably wouldnt be interested in him now so cant see where he goes next. Cant see us taking him back

He should have gone abroad, tested himself in a different league, but I appreciate that the price point would put many off. He’s 27 now and entering those prime years, but seems content with the bench life and £300k or more a week. He got exactly what he wanted. 

• Like 1

I think United would have been a better fit for him than City. They don’t play with the same rigid, low risk taking system as City. He could have been a legend there I’m sure of it. Instead they blew their money on Ronaldo and somehow also managed to ruin Sancho at the same time.

• Like 3

He just isn't a top level player.

Great players can adapt to any style.

He is similar to Zaha. He is better off being the best player at a mid table club.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I think United would have been a better fit for him than City. They don’t play with the same rigid, low risk taking system as City. He could have been a legend there I’m sure of it. Instead they blew their money on Ronaldo and somehow also managed to ruin Sancho at the same time.

Utd a good fit for him. 🤮 Utd were/are a mess of a club. Ronaldo has pretty much confirmed that in his interview. Neither were a good fit for Grealish IMO. Aston  Villa was the best fit for him but he took Villa for granted. From my view point, he was best staying put and improving as a player in an environment that could protect and unlock his abilities. Grealish had a duty to stay and help Villa grow as a club - he bottled it. 

An absolute foolish decision from a footballing perspective to leave what he had here, but from a financial and celebrity one it was a master stroke. Well done to his agents.

52 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Utd a good fit for him. 🤮 Utd were/are a mess of a club. Ronaldo has pretty much confirmed that in his interview. Neither were a good fit for Grealish IMO. Aston  Villa was the best fit for him but he took Villa for granted. From my view point, he was best staying put and improving as a player in an environment that could protect and unlock his abilities. Grealish had a duty to stay and help Villa grow as a club - he bottled it. 

An absolute foolish decision from a footballing perspective to leave what he had here, but from a financial and celebrity one it was a master stroke. Well done to his agents.

It just feels like he took the easy option - we gave him everything but he wanted that short term fix. A medal he won sure but it’s like he did much to help the machine win. Just had an opportunity to cement his status but didn’t. It will be one of the great ‘what ifs’. People aren’t watching City for Jack. Here, he was a special attraction for the right and wrong reasons. I know he’s been injured. But the same will happen to Phillips. I also blame Southgate and the media and the English football BS where international football remains one big giant clique for the elite teams. 

• Like 1

He is shit these days. Just another 300k a week cog in an abu dhabi wheel  .

The same happened with Mahrez, although he has learned how to be effective far more than Jack. Another exciting player turned from 10 down to 5 on the excitometer

He isnt unhappy. He has got used to being a squad player now. Remember when he went mental when he had to be dragged off with 2 mins to go.  Thats gone now. 

I think if someone had given him a crystal ball that looked 18 months in the future when he was considering the move to City then his decision would be very different. 

Great bit of business for us getting 100m but his career has really stalled, if not declined since then. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It just feels like he took the easy option - we gave him everything but he wanted that short term fix. A medal he won sure but it’s like he did much to help the machine win. Just had an opportunity to cement his status but didn’t. It will be one of the great ‘what ifs’. People aren’t watching City for Jack. Here, he was a special attraction for the right and wrong reasons. I know he’s been injured. But the same will happen to Phillips. I also blame Southgate and the media and the English football BS where international football remains one big giant clique for the elite teams. 

He did take the easy option. Grealish probably thinks he is coming back here in a few years for one final pay day, I don't want him back here when he is likely declining and is probably full of regrets and baggage. You made your choice Jack. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

He did take the easy option. Grealish probably thinks he is coming back here in a few years for one final pay day, I don't want him back here when he is likely declining and is probably full of regrets and baggage. You made your choice Jack. 

Yeah, I'm not sure the sentimental transfer back is that likely to happen anymore. It might work if he was a truly world class player and famous for his attitude. Those kinds of players can come back into a dressing room and adapt to a squad role, and be one of the senior pros. Hard to see us doing that unless things change a lot in the next couple of years.

20 hours ago, Hiney said:

I think if someone had given him a crystal ball that looked 18 months in the future when he was considering the move to City then his decision would be very different. 

Great bit of business for us getting 100m but his career has really stalled, if not declined since then. 

I guess ....apart from nigh on triple the wages and actual trophies on his CV.

4 hours ago, Lunarsea said:

I guess ....apart from nigh on triple the wages and actual trophies on his CV.

A footballer's career is short.

I'd like to think someone of his ability wouldn't be content warming the bench in his prime years no matter how many trophies the team won. 

20 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Hopefully we are good enough in a few years to the point of Grealish not being good enough and we can turn him down.

Don't want him back at all.

Edited by Pinebro

Â