The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

I think Kane was probably an issue there.

His work rate isn't cracking and it only gets worse as the game goes on. Into extra time he becomes a traffic cone but you can't take him off because he's still capable with the ball at his feet. So you leave him on, and try to make up for it elsewhere.

Maybe if Kane didnt think he was a full back/defensive midfielder he would probably be more useful😛

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Palmer starts ahead of him in the Cup 

Palmer’s a very good prospect and makes sense to give him a run out in EFL Cup, because they’ll be rotating Grealish and Foden in the PL and Champions League. Wouldn’t read too much into this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Palmer’s a very good prospect and makes sense to give him a run out in EFL Cup, because they’ll be rotating Grealish and Foden in the PL and Champions League. Wouldn’t read too much into this.

Even I, as one of the most ardent Jack defenders on VT, thinks he might be a little **** here. If he can't be relied upon / chosen for this, what chance for later in the season when games really matters?

20 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Even I, as one of the most ardent Jack defenders on VT, thinks he might be a little **** here. If he can't be relied upon / chosen for this, what chance for later in the season when games really matters?

I'm not a Jack defender, I think he'll probably be off at the end of the season.

But I just don't think Palmer starting this game means anything of significance.

Grealish is in that bracket with Ake, Mahrez, etc. who are trusted to start the occasional big game and a decent number of the smaller PL games, but aren't top of the tree like KDB, Cancelo, Rodri, etc.

We obsess over Grealish because he played for us, but most of the City squad get rotated regularly. It's just the nature of having such a big squad. It's not his lack of starts that is the issue, it's his performances when he does start.

13 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

He will play against the small teams.

You say that, and I don't disagree, but at the same time foden and silva are also on the bench

Palmer and Mahrez will be dropped for the PL game

He'll get his 40 appearances and his medals this season

I agree with @KentVillan apart from selling him, they won't, mahrez will go first, silva will have a lot more suitors too if they really are daft enough to shop him around

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He looks abysmal tonight. God we robbed them.

It's funny how the £100m figure probably seemed like a stroke of genius from Purslow when they agreed it, then when Man City came in for Grealish, it felt like we'd been robbed of a player worth £150m to us... and now it's gone back to seeming like a great bit of business.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

It's funny how the £100m figure probably seemed like a stroke of genius from Purslow when they agreed it, then when Man City came in for Grealish, it felt like we'd been robbed of a player worth £150m to us... and now it's gone back to seeming like a great bit of business.

Think of City tried sell him in the summer they would be lucky to get 60 million for him

Both parties deserve what happened and its not like we never called it on here. Grealish was never suited to Peps micro management and City didnt need Grealish

• Like 2

Â