The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

He did get his goal in the Iran game, people seem to forget.

Rashford got 3 goals in the tournament, he is also in better PL form than him

You're looking at the bench thinking who is in form? None of them really, who has a goal in them? Are you honestly picking Jack? I'm surprised he didn't throw Wilson on as that last gamble but pragmatic as ever he probably knew he'd be **** in extra time if he did that

Grealish simply hasn't done enough since the euros, definitley not to start or for him to be first off the bench, he is not playing well for city, he's lucky to have made the squad, if he was a Villa player playing this badly he wouldn't have done

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Rashford got 3 goals in the tournament, he is also in better PL form than him

You're looking at the bench thinking who is in form? None of them really, who has a goal in them? Are you honestly picking Jack? I'm surprised he didn't throw Wilson on as that last gamble but pragmatic as ever he probably knew he'd be **** in extra time if he did that

Grealish simply hasn't done enough since the euros, definitley not to start or for him to be first off the bench, he is not playing well for city, he's lucky to have made the squad, if he was a Villa player playing this badly he wouldn't have done

He is having a better season than Grealish but he has not earned a place in the squad if honest, Rashford should not be in the England squad but as he is a United player he gets called up

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is having a better season than Grealish but he has not earned a place in the squad if honest, Rashford should not be in the England squad but as he is a United player he gets called up

He had a decent tournament to be fair. Agree with the OP that he earned the first sub role more than grealish 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

He had a decent tournament to be fair. Agree with the OP that he earned the first sub role more than grealish 

my point was he didnt really deserve to be in the squad in the first place even if he did well.. also not sure why he has got some free kick reputation as I am not sure have ever saw him score a free kick

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Nah he's had an OK couple of months

Also his 2 goals vs Wales is more than Jack's ever done in an England game

Apart from pushed the line up the pitch vs germany what has grealish actually done in an England shirt?

So much of it is based on what we as villa fans know / think he can do... But he hasn't done any of it for a long time now... To me the clamour for Grealish to play a role that he doesn't justify for England ironically smacks of villa fans wanting their favourite to play, something Southgate is criticised for

Jack's always done OK in the rare opportunities he's had for England hasn't he? I remember a few assists and a few MOTM awards as well. Bit of an odd comment considering Rashford's fk was keeper's side and his second one should have been saved as well.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

my point was he didnt really deserve to be in the squad in the first place even if he did well.. also not sure why he has got some free kick reputation as I am not sure have ever saw him score a free kick

But that point doesn't really make sense, does it. If he did well, which he clearly did, then picking him for the squad was a good idea, and picking someone else who is 'on form' (who?) would have probably been less successful (as it has been many times in the past). 

Not even a Manu fan would have Rashford over Grealish, completely different level of player with completely different skill sets. The game was crying out for a player who can create, if Grealish was french he would be on that pitch from the start and we would be dreading coming up against him. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, tinker said:

Not even a Manu fan would have Rashford over Grealish, completely different level of player with completely different skill sets. The game was crying out for a player who can create, if Grealish was french he would be on that pitch from the start and we would be dreading coming up against him. 

Grealish isn't showing that though is he? He made the choice to go and sit on the Man City bench rather than play football week in week out. On form, Grealish was lucky to get picked for the squad. If he doesn't move and start playing again this will be his last major tournament.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, picicata said:

Grealish isn't showing that though is he? He made the choice to go and sit on the Man City bench rather than play football week in week out. On form, Grealish was lucky to get picked for the squad. If he doesn't move and start playing again this will be his last major tournament.

Started 11 games this season, 5 in the champions League, subbed on twice in the League. How many others in our forward line have played champions League games this season? 

52 minutes ago, tinker said:

Started 11 games this season, 5 in the champions League, subbed on twice in the League. How many others in our forward line have played champions League games this season? 

It's irrelevant how many champions league games he has played.

His performances has been terrible this season.

If anyone deserved to play more it was Maddison.

Edited by Pinebro

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Yes, but who were the opposition in those 5 games/ how important were the games? The group stages of the champions league contains quite a number of sub par teams and dead rubber games. Without checking I would guess Jack has appeared in those games. Guardiola doesn't trust him.

Jack got the amount of minutes on the pitch at WC that his current form deserves 

59 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Actually felt for him coming on for a minute. 

Me too, he was shaking his head towards the other England players as he ran on to suggest he agreed it was a waste of time. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Me too, he was shaking his head towards the other England players as he ran on to suggest he agreed it was a waste of time. 

It was wasting time , time we never had. Unbelievable decision. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

It was wasting time , time we never had. Unbelievable decision. 

I bet he’d love to say to Southgate “what do you seriously expect me to do in 50 seconds?”

Its at least 20 minutes too late.

The only logic I can think of would be he was hoping to win a free kick in a dangerous area. But it's a bizarre tactic.

The kind of player you bring on at that stage would be someone like Peter Crouch, who we obviously don't have. or chuck a defender up front so you can play direct for the last minute.

A player like Grealish is a weird choice to bring on in that situation

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

The only logic I can think of would be he was hoping to win a free kick in a dangerous area. But it's a bizarre tactic.

The kind of player you bring on at that stage would be someone like Peter Crouch, who we obviously don't have. or chuck a defender up front so you can play direct for the last minute.

A player like Grealish is a weird choice to bring on in that situation

It's the sort of thing you do when your winning to try and kill some time. Southgate, incompetence on a different level, nice guy though. Just needs more time and a few more world class players to bench.😬

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

It's irrelevant how many champions league games he has played.

His performances has been terrible this season.

If anyone deserved to play more it was Maddison.

I don't think Grealish is even capable of a 'terrible' performance is he? He's always a minimum 7/10.

Â