The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Under the spotlight on MOTD there with Phil Neville; understandably so. Imagine there will be interest in the summer from other clubs.

Probably very slight interest but he won't be going anywhere, not yet anyway. He still has a lot to prove but as things stand he looks like he could become a very special player.

No, I'm fairly certain he'll be a villa player for a few years. There will be definite and strong interest though imo.

I think with where he is right now and how much we would want for him the kind of clubs that could afford him might as well just leave him here for another 2 years and then come back for him

I think he'll go for around £500m in a couple years to Bournemouth
  • Like 2

What I love about him is although he has the swagger/style of a typical "flair" type of midfielder, he doesn't run into problems caused by not getting his head up. Constantly looking around him, constantly looking for somebody to get the ball forward to as soon as he receives it. He isn't ball greedy, he doesn't just want to do a few tricks to get past players - even though he is capable of doing so. He is a team player and always has been that way and it isn't due to a lack of confidence or fear, like villa_shere says, very much an old head on young shoulders and long may it continue.

I think with where he is right now and how much we would want for him the kind of clubs that could afford him might as well just leave him here for another 2 years and then come back for him

He'll be bought by Chelsea for £200m spend 3 years on loan without actually kicking a ball for them before that £500m move though

He'll be bought by Chelsea for £200m spend 3 years on loan without actually kicking a ball for them before that £500m move though
Bournemouth will eventually lose him to John Carver's Barcelona.
  • Like 4

He'll go for england and will be yet another villa product for the national team. He's got the perfect manger at the mo, he's got a love for the villa and I don;t worry that he's ever going to do a sterling. He keeps improving then villa are going places.

• Like 1

Looked at the fixtures, almost certain MON will call him up for the full team in the next squad to try and get him in, wasn't sure if Woy would jump the gun and get him capped for England early to stop it, next fixture?

Ireland vs England 7th June

:lol:

If Pep Guardiola ends up at City then I can see Grealish being the type of player that he'd like to sign one day. I'm sure he'll stick around here for a few good years yet though.

Edited by useless

Just read that his 91.6% pass accuracy is the best in the league, not sure if true but to have such a high stat like that over the course of 15 games is fantastic.

Sort of. You have to caveat it by having a minimum number of appearances because the odd player has played a game or two and got higher.

Arteta, for example, has a higher pass success rate. But he's only played 6 games.

EIther way it's very impressive, and it's no surprise we've been keeping the ball so well when you have people like Jack and Westwood in your midfield.

Edited by Stevo985

Most fouled player again for us.

Absolutely fantastic performance, and he still got some bits wrong.

I can understand these ridiculous comparisons to players as good as Iniesta and Kaka because he looks every bit the part. Would anyone swap him for Raheem Sterling.

He's happy to receive the ball in any situation and doesn't shit himself, he calmly controls it and moves it on. He will be in the next England squad I think, just to "secure" him; not sure how good it'll be for Villa to be honest.

Just that back when Grealish was sitting on the bench watching Villa's unbelievably soporific attack muster next to nothing from match to match, I was screaming for him to be given a chance because he was exactly the type of player we lacked. Arguing that he couldn't possibly have done any worse than what we were seeing at the time and even the counter-argument that "what if he's not ready" wasn't valid because he couldn't have done any worse. The fact he has subsequently proven that he was very much ready and everyone is now waxing lyrical about him is satisfying and I'm glad we are now reaping the benefits.

The problem wasn't that he wasn't given a chance.

He was given a chance and he wasn't very good. He played plenty of minutes under Lambert and was never anything other than average.

The problem was that he, like many other players, wasn't performing under the previous manager. The credit that Sherwood deserves isn't that he's given Grealish a chance, its that he's got Grealish and the team performing so well so that when Grealish got his chance he played well enough to be kept in the team.

I think the main difference is he's started him. Getting the odd 10 minutes to show what you can do is difficult. Being given the opportunity to start is a whole different level of trust placed on you.
Lambert started him.

He was crap.

Everyone Lambert started looked crap.

classic Harry Redknapp deal ;)

I love it that he can break the rhythm of play with his little moves, or anticipated moves he doesn't finish. Opposition doesn't know what he's going to do, so they just have to wait. This creates sort of a moment where things stay still. Special players can do that.

• Like 1

Â