The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He wasn't given enough opportunities by lambert for whatever reason

That's not it at all. Lambert was a manager that would've been wholly unable to get anything close to the best out of Grealish. Just like he failed with Delph, Westwood and Cleverley.

Nothing to do with opportunities, everything to do with a manager not understanding how to set up a team to play to players' strengths

It's a good thing PL didn't try to pick Jack more in retrospect, god only knows the damaged he'd have done

Thank god for that. I was beginning to think I was going insane.

"This"

The problem wasn't that he wasn't playing. He was playing.

The problem was that the manager couldn't get the kind of performances out of him that justified him being a first choice player.

He made one solitary start v leyton orient in the cup, he was not given enough opportunities by lambert

He made one solitary start v leyton orient in the cup, he was not given enough opportunities by lambert

And that's a good thing in the bigger picture

Is that you agreeing that he wasn't given enough opportunities by lambert?

And that's a good thing in the bigger picture

Is that you agreeing that he wasn't given enough opportunities by lambert?

I never disagreed, and I never commented on that.

Anyway, here's the thing. Was he given enough opportunity under Paul Lambert? On paper, no. In reality, probably yes, but that's only because I'd be wary of the damage playing in Lambert's team any more than he did would've done to his progression and confidence.

For Paul Lambert's sake he should've tried to play him a bit more, for Jack Grealish's sake, he featured just about the right amount all taken into consideration.

Jack starting every game under PL wouldn't have resulted in anything like the Jack we're seeing right now

He plays with a smile on his face, he covered loads of ground today, made the goal, created our next best chance.

He's 19 years old and loves the villa, if his development continues he will be a massive benefit to Aston Villa. I wonder when he's gonna score his first goal for us......Wembley would be a bit special

He wasn't given enough opportunities by lambert for whatever reason

That's not it at all. Lambert was a manager that would've been wholly unable to get anything close to the best out of Grealish. Just like he failed with Delph, Westwood and Cleverley.

Nothing to do with opportunities, everything to do with a manager not understanding how to set up a team to play to players' strengths

It's a good thing PL didn't try to pick Jack more in retrospect, god only knows the damaged he'd have done

We have a winner.

• Like 1

Great first half and stood up to the challenge of Song trying to kick him off the pitch well in the second. Looked very very tired at the end and I'm surprised Sherwood didn't pull him earlier but then he plays the pass of the game when Gabby should have killed the game off. I'd like it if we could get safe and give him some rest in the last game to be fresh for the final.

He reminds me of Kaka' when he was at Milan. He seems to glide around the field without any effort, can pick a good pass, always finding space and has that burst of acceleration and close control to beat a man. Obviously he's nowhere near Kaka' level and we'll be lucky if he's ever half as good, but the way he moves around the pitch reminds me of him.

• Like 1

Should be, I know it's cliched but if gerrard had hit that ball through to gabby at the end we'd be seeing 100+ times in the next week, it was a stunning pass

Just spotted samjp's post above, glad it's not just me thinking it!

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Under the spotlight on MOTD there with Phil Neville; understandably so.  Imagine there will be interest in the summer from other clubs.

Probably very slight interest but he won't be going anywhere, not yet anyway. He still has a lot to prove but as things stand he looks like he could become a very special player.

Â