The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Reading on redcafe and they are expecting to land him for 40-50 mill

Figures of £80m suggested on here and by the press were always going to be wide of the mark in my opinion 

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think if you a fan of a potential buying club that's where you would pitch it at the start of the summer 

I'm sure it's where they pitched the Maguire transfer too...

Having followed this thread for a few weeks....just to confirm SGC has now gone from thinking Grealish isn't all that to now "once in a generation talent" and better than our 82 players?:lol:

Does cheer me up reading his posts in these bleak times.

• Haha 4

Has anyone gone for 80m who's never recived an international cap or played in european competition out of interest? I think other clubs interest would look at that and think why so much for someone who's not interested the England senior side as of yet.

Of course we should hold out for as much as we can if he has to leave but it's a moot point for me unless we start improving the calibre of players we want to sign. Another 20m could just mean another Wesley standard signing.

If we lose Grealish we then to find a player who'd performed to a good level for club and country even if it's not a direct replacement. As I've said a Forsberg or Golovin would be seen as very ambitious transfers and I don't think it's impossible we could sign them if we stay up.

Ideally though we keep Grealish and sign those sorts anyway.

1 hour ago, useless said:

For me £80m would be a disappointing amount of money to receive for Grealish, it undervalues him, lesser players have gone for similar amounts of money, and lesser players will go for similar amounts of money in the future, so I think we need to get it out of our heads that it would be some sort  of amazing deal for us, only way that fee would be acceptable is if we're relegated and he's adamant that he wants to leave, otherwise we should be asking for £500m plus, it's about time we stopped letting other clubs walk all over us, when you look at the likes of Milner, Young, Barry, Delph and Gueye, and in hindsight you could probably also add Veretout, Amavi, Gollini, Albrghton and Adama, we have this habit of losing our better players for way less than they're worth and that has to stop.

80m post corona is probably the best we can get. Normally I'd agree. 100m minimum.

If it wasn't for injuries and a world pandemic he would have already played for England this season, as he would have done if he'd have gone to Tottenham a few summers back, and would have also played champions league football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Figures of £80m suggested on here and by the press were always going to be wide of the mark in my opinion 

Yeah on the same note, explain to me why would we sell him for 50m? Forget the BS that he deserves it blah blah.  Why would we, AVFC, the owners, manager or supporters accept 50m? In today’s market what does 50m get you?

Think it will be 60-70m. If Leicester sold Maddison he'd probably be in that price range.

Again though we've sold big players in last decade, most for lower than we should've as Useless has stated but it hasn't matter as for the most part we've signed tripe to replace them.

If 80m-100m meant we could just go out and get a Kai Havertz standard replacement then things would be easier but we're miles away from that level.

If we get 80m + I'd hope we at least source a few more proven players in the 26-29 year old age bracker rather than spend it all on more punts as that seems to be a recurring problem.

Edit: Seems Leicester want 85m for Ben Chilwell (Chelsea interested) although full backs at top level do go for ridiculous amounts nowadays. I was reading he was getting some stick at Leicester games @gurru991 ?

Edited by VillaChris

If we drop, he's going for £50-75m.

If we stay up, he might stay but it's unlikely. We'll be collecting £80m rising to £100m and crossing our fingers some agents come to Suso with some decent players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I have been following that as well — very telling that I haven't seen any mention of the articles saying only 80 million. Also a bit disappointed that I can't make an account on there to point that out to them 😂

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

If we drop, he's going for £50-75m.

If we stay up, he might stay but it's unlikely. We'll be collecting £80m rising to £100m and crossing our fingers some agents come to Suso with some decent players.

They don't all have to cost 50m + either. We've been frequently linked with Jose Callejon last six months. I know some will turn up their noses at signing a 33 year old but very often teams on rise will sign a player or two in their 30s as much to get the mentality up in the dressing room. Man City signed Patrick Vieria when he was 34. Chelea signed Ruud Gullit when he was in his 30s.

Given he's still a key player at Napoli it's fair to say he'd be more effective for us than Jota or Trez so that's what you have to weigh up. Seems Everton are interested in him so given Ancelotti is there he'll probably join them if it's a credible link.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think it will be 60-70m. If Leicester sold Maddison he'd probably be in that price range.

Again though we've sold big players in last decade, most for lower than we should've as Useless has stated but it hasn't matter as for the most part we've signed tripe to replace them.

If 80m-100m meant we could just go out and get a Kai Havertz standard replacement then things would be easier but we're miles away from that level.

If we get 80m + I'd hope we at least source a few more proven players in the 26-29 year old age bracker rather than spend it all on more punts as that seems to be a recurring problem.

Edit: Seems Leicester want 85m for Ben Chilwell (Chelsea interested) although full backs at top level do go for ridiculous amounts nowadays. I was reading he was getting some stick at Leicester games @gurru991 ?

Leicester fans have been critical of Ben Chilwell all season long even though he is an England regular & clubs like Chelsea & Man C have shown interest in him.  Lots of City fans seem to think that Leicester is now an elite club & Chilwell isn't good enough. I happen to disagree !!

In terms of  Madisson & Grealish, they are to of the very best young English players around right now and I wouldn't accept anything less than 80 large for either one. We drew a line in the sand when Man U wanted Harry Maguire and Villa need to do the same with Jack.  He belongs in the Prem & hopefully Villa can stay up and keep Jack. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Having followed this thread for a few weeks....just to confirm SGC has now gone from thinking Grealish isn't all that to now "once in a generation talent" and better than our 82 players?:lol:

Does cheer me up reading his posts in these bleak times.

Glad to put a smile on your face :)

• Like 1

Â