The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Scored twice on his last game out. Bit harsh.

Valid point.

I'm sure most of us would agree he is ready to play in the England squad. Does anyone disagree?

Looking at the current squad I can't see who else could be dropped for Jack. Any ideas? 

1 minute ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Valid point.

I'm sure most of us would agree he is ready to play in the England squad. Does anyone disagree?

I do, he needs to be performing week in week out in the Premier League against top opposition.

He doesn't get anywhere near this England squad at the moment IMO.

32 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Iniesta!

Gazza, he has that same kind of enthusiasm with the ball at his feet. Like he's taking the proverbial. 

I honestly believe that if he does leave Spurs will be his destination.  When you think of some of the talent that has graced a Spurs midfield , he would flourish under Poch.

54 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Valid point.

I agree. But he's in that weird situation where if he got a move to, say, Spurs in the summer he would immediately be in the England squad, even before he'd kicked a ball for them. Purely because he would then be playing in the premier league.

Stupid the way it works but it happens so often.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, jim said:

I do, he needs to be performing week in week out in the Premier League against top opposition.

He doesn't get anywhere near this England squad at the moment IMO.

I think many in the current England squad would struggle to perform consistently week in week out in Jack's position. Nobody can tell me that some of these so called stars don't get carried by top class teammates.

I think Jack's performance this season warrants a call up for a friendly or two.

England should be looking to encourage potential national team candidates. What better way to motivate them than giving them a little taste of what they could achieve if they work hard enough?

Giving Jack a call up may even send a signal to young english players who don't play for a top premier league side and make them work even harder.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

54 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Valid point.

Looking at the current squad I can't see who else could be dropped for Jack. Any ideas? 

I do, on the grounds that giving him a cap could go to his head and deflect his attention from the infinitely more important task of getting Aston Villa promoted.

It would also make him more interesting to certain other clubs wanting to buy him, so overall, it's a great big fat no, he's not ready.

Even if he is.

6 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I do, on the grounds that giving him a cap could go to his head and deflect his attention from the infinitely more important task of getting Aston Villa promoted.

It would also make him more interesting to certain other clubs wanting to buy him, so overall, it's a great big fat no, he's not ready.

Even if he is.

You would think that being the star player of bis boyhood club would get to his head but look what responsibility he is taking and how well he is performing.

England team mates having an influence on him staying at or leaving Villa could be a serious issue though (from the perspective of AVFC).

1 hour ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Valid point.

any of the 3rd/4th choices full-backs Southgate likes to take.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree. But he's in that weird situation where if he got a move to, say, Spurs in the summer he would immediately be in the England squad, even before he'd kicked a ball for them. Purely because he would then be playing in the premier league.

Stupid the way it works but it happens so often.

Hudson-Odoi is the perfect example. Started for England before he did Chelsea.

• Like 1

Still don't think Jack's 100% okay which is testament to him considering how influential he continues to be in the outcome of matches.

I may be wrong but he took a kick against Blackburn around 30 or so minutes in, before that he was flying but since then he's looked a little laboured......perhaps carrying a knock or an ongoing problem with his shin?

Either way, still a cracking player when he does turn it on and awesome goal last night - if De Bruyne or Hazard has scored it they'd still be wiping the ejaculate off the cameras in the SSN studio.

It's as simple as this. Footballers with mercurial talent invariably have the desire to win things and something to show for their achievements. Wayne Rooney had the blue of Everton coursing through his blood, but when Man Utd came calling with the promise of medals and trophies , a promise that Everton couldn't give, he chose personal ambition over sentimental doubt. Who could fault him for wanting to fulfill his potential ?

Should we get promoted we will have the same dilemma in regards to Grealish. If our very wealthy owners can assure him that the club's ambitions are to take this club back to where it belongs, for me, that should be Champions league football, then maybe because of his love for the club, he just might stay. But I would in no way consider that a certainty. 

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Still don't think Jack's 100% okay which is testament to him considering how influential he continues to be in the outcome of matches.

I may be wrong but he took a kick against Blackburn around 30 or so minutes in, before that he was flying but since then he's looked a little laboured......perhaps carrying a knock or an ongoing problem with his shin?

Either way, still a cracking player when he does turn it on and awesome goal last night - if De Bruyne or Hazard has scored it they'd still be wiping the ejaculate off the cameras in the SSN studio.

Is that when you reckon he did it? He's definitely carrying something. I think we can afford to not start him at Bolton if we beat Bristol.

back to where we were when southgate made his nonsense comment in the 1st place

the next England games are the nations league finals so he wont be in that squad, after that its Bulgaria and Kosovo at home @Wainy316 is right, 90% of their team play in a standard lower than the PL so it goes out of the window, the idea that he needs to play in the PL every week is nonsense too, Delph doesn't, neither does winks, loftus cheek, Lallana, odoi

you would have a hard time convincing me that grealish playing well every week in the championship is meaningless but Delph playing LB in cup games means he's good enough to be England captain 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â