The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Yes.

All I can say is there are some weird words removed on here...🤪

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, I don’t often visit this thread but when I do, there’s always a post from Rob on the latest page 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/05/2024 at 11:12, Avfc96 said:

Just had a look at his stats for this season, 3 goals and 3 assists and he'll be 29 in September with two years left on his contract. You can see why they may want to get rid.

I can’t remember what period it was over but it was comparing him to Antony and Antony’s stats were better (yeah I know, it’s not all about stats).

Unai wants players who completely committed to football. Jack has other priorities and wouldn’t fit into an Unai squad. - not judging him, but there is no way he plays for Villa again.

Another medal he hardly deserves.

Oh Jack, you could have been a great. 

69c0963e-6fc4-4bef-8048-dd2cd0e00c58.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Unai wants players who completely committed to football. Jack has other priorities and wouldn’t fit into an Unai squad. - not judging him, but there is no way he plays for Villa again.

I also suspect - based on nothing but what I've read about them - that the owners wouldn't be keen on it.

They built everything around him, put his face on a massive banner on the stadium, promoted him as Mr Aston Villa. I don't think they'd have been that forgiving of him jumping ship.

But maybe that's just business to them and they couldn't give a shit if he's still good value.

• Like 2

Well he could come back and try and win the CL for a club that hasn't cheated 🤣

But seriously, he isn't coming back here, next stop will be Spurs,, probably more than 3M and a really 💩 player.

In his last season for us he only played 26 games and got 10 assists, hes only managed 1 more than that for City in 3 seasons.

He's won a fair bit now, he must be getting bored and want to play with some freedom.

Probably on his 5th beer already and some on here would say he deserved it for his contribution😂

100 million bit part player

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Has to go down as one of the biggest premier league flops in history

Absolutely mental take

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

100m flop.

Grealish hasnt justfied half that fee let alone 100m.

You've got some hate for him I'll give you that. No need for complete bullshite though.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

100m flop.

Grealish hasnt justfied half that fee let alone 100m.

City plastering him over the front of their treble winning team documentary would say to me that he has 

Weird thing modern football, in terms of kicking a ball he wasn't worth £100m to city, he was worth more to us though, off the field genuinely not a clue what he's been worth to city, also strange that his biggest contribution to city was social media having a field day over his treble winning tear up (either that or shaking the hand of a blind girl) the puma deal suggests he does still pull in the numbers but we'll never see what he's actually achieved there, it was definitely why they bought him though, he has an appeal that Silva, Alvarez, even KDB don't have, haaland does have it though and even he's had pelters this season

None of us will ever know city's shirt sales or growth within young fans across the country, it's probably massive though 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Absolutely mental take

How is it mental? 100m the worlds most expensive british player in history 

This season his stats in PLare 

20 apperances  3 goals 1 assist

Season before 

28 appearances 5 goals 7 assists

Season before 

26 apperances 3 goals 3 assists 

So im basing my opinion on price tag and stats in thw worlds best team.  Wouldnt be bad i guess if they signed him for 50m but 100m. Flop for me

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You've got some hate for him I'll give you that. No need for complete bullshite though.

See above its not bullshit its my opinion and i dont hate the guy. You can have a opinion on someone without hating them

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

How is it mental? 100m the worlds most expensive british player in history 

This season his stats in PLare 

20 apperances  3 goals 1 assist

Season before 

28 appearances 5 goals 7 assists

Season before 

26 apperances 3 goals 3 assists 

So im basing my opinion on price tag and stats in thw worlds best team.  Wouldnt be bad i guess if they signed him for 50m but 100m. Flop for me

See above its not bullshit its my opinion and i dont hate the guy. You can have a opinion on someone without hating them

But goals and assists were not what made him a £100m villa player either 

They've never been good

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But goals and assists were not what made him a £100m villa player either 

They've never been good

I think your point about commercial value is a valid one but im basing it on his contribution and value. Cant see how he isnt a flop at 100m. I would bw curious to see what citeh fans think about him?

I mean diabys been getting pelters and he cost half of what grealish did and this is his first season in PL in a team thats not as good as citys

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think your point about commercial value is a valid one but im basing it on his contribution and value. Cant see how he isnt a flop at 100m. I would bw curious to see what citeh fans think about him?

I mean diabys been getting pelters and he cost half of what grealish did and this is his first season in PL in a team thats not as good as citys

I've not seen that much but what I have seen they rate him, say they're a better attacking unit with him on the pitch, create more etc

It is mad that when I see him play for city pepsi main use of him is to control the defensive line, pep uses grealish to push the opposition deeper to give Silva, KDB, whoever else they play more space, at least he's not a £100m player used to give cancelo room anymore 

It's **** depressing how city play him - that's the other reason I can't see him as a flop 

Â