The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

13 hours ago, tinker said:

A little bird told me........🫢

Whistle, whistle, whistle, whistle, whistle, whistle? 

2 hours ago, tinker said:

How about a loan deal, should that tempt us? 

I've never bought into any of the rumours about him potentially coming back, but now that you've said it I can definitely imagine a scenario where he's with us on loan next year

Move on folks, Villa and Grealish went their separate ways. He’s not the type of player we need and I can’t imagine he has the desire anymore. Anyway, he’d be injured most of the time. Reckon he’ll end up at Spuds or West Spam.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I seriously hope if he is available we don't show interest. 

We've moved on as a club and he's not the same player all the romantics in here remember him as. 

He's got what he wanted, a load of trophies won through breaking FFP, the party boy image and a stack load of cash. 

I'd rather see us bring in the next Morgan Rogers style players, young, willing to learn from the Don and years in the tank. 

Jack is finished in my eyes as a credible footballer. 

Crucially i dont think Unai be that keen

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Crucially i dont think Unai be that keen

Absolutely 👍 

Diaby is a better option than Grealish. In his first difficult settling in season he is not that far off the goals assist rate to Grealish best season

Stats aside he is not the player we sold

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Diaby is a better option than Grealish. In his first difficult settling in season he is not that far off the goals assist rate to Grealish best season

Stats aside he is not the player we sold

Kind of shows why looking at stats alone is a pointless exercise. Grealish's final season is multiple galaxies away from Diaby's this season. Not even in the same stratosphere.

I get that people want to move on from him, but let's not distort reality now.

• Like 3

Football ability wise who wouldn’t want him back? If he’s fit he would be a great player for us.  He is also good for commercial reasons too if playing well regularly and then featuring for England. 

Off the pitch publicity wise. I have no idea how that would go down with Emery.

8 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Seems a very spurs like player. Anyway why the assumption he is leaving?

City linked with more attacking players

No doubt shirt sales are down...he's probably peaked for them, done what he needed to, despite the record puma deal and the mayo deal I wouldn't be surprised if the kids in Kent wanting his hair cut has died down too

He needs a big euros to put himself back in the spotlight, the problem being I don't think he'll start, he's probably about 22nd on Southgates 26 man list, that's the thing when the comment is made that he's achieved everything he set out to achieve, he's still failing with England (mug of a manager obviously not helping) he's not a regular starter 

All that said city being city it will be about who wants him, they won't sell him to someone who will get better upon signing him, he won't be going to utd for example 

There’s no way Grealish leaves city he’s too marketable for them and that’s the point of the city sportswashing. 

the only way he returns is if he runs his contract down leaves on a free and takes a massive wage cut. I doubt it ever happens. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Seems a very spurs like player. Anyway why the assumption he is leaving?

Just had a look at his stats for this season, 3 goals and 3 assists and he'll be 29 in September with two years left on his contract. You can see why they may want to get rid.

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

@rjw63

Blimey how long i been gone you have a thread named after you and its your favourite person 😂

Yes.

All I can say is there are some weird words removed on here...🤪

• Haha 1

Â