The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I really find this sort of opinion amusing. 
Apart from liking some nights out, is there any evidence that Grealish doesn’t look after his fitness?

I know through an ex Villa player that he likes a very regular drink throughout the season, and parties fairly hard in the off season.

Not saying he’s the wild man sometimes portrayed. I don’t think the Gazza, Merson, etc comparisons are at all appropriate.

But to retire in your late 30s, you usually need to take extreme care of your diet and nutrition, and he definitely isn’t living like that.

That’s part of the charm, though, and he’ll still be a decent player into his early 30s I’d imagine, unless he picks up a bad injury. A few on here engaging in spiteful wishful thinking.

• Like 2

Nobody on here knows how much he drinks, how often he drinks so I find it amusing that people use that as a reason his career will last. Fact Is modern footballers carry on playing well Into their mid 30s at a high level and i bet some of them enjoy a night out. 

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Nobody on here knows how much he drinks, how often he drinks so I find it amusing that people use that as a reason his career will last. Fact Is modern footballers carry on playing well Into their mid 30s at a high level and i bet some of them enjoy a night out. 

Maybe not, but it’s pretty obvious he drinks more than your average top flight pro.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JPJCB said:

If you were asked to pick out who you thought might be the biggest drinker in the squad, who would you choose: the guy who drinks for 72 hours straight at the victory parade and has to be carried out his front door to the next event, or someone else? 

Oh, so one big documented sesh because they won the treble, (or whatever they were celebrating), results in this...

5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The amount of alcohol he drinks will undoubtedly have an impact on his health. That’s one aspect of his lifestyle we know about for certain. 

... it's **** mental.

"Amount of alcohol" - we have no idea how much he drinks. 

"We know about for certain" - You're killing me!

• Like 1

I think he'll push for a move in the summer. I suspect he'll also accept a pay cut as that's preferable to sitting on a bench. Yes, I might be wrong before everyone piles in, but I think he will. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think he'll push for a move in the summer. I suspect he'll also accept a pay cut as that's preferable to sitting on a bench. Yes, I might be wrong before everyone piles in, but I think he will. 

Put in a £35m bid for the hell of it. Mostly as we need homegrown academy players for Europe and ESC transfer slots.

crawling-back-eh-mr-burns.gif

Grealish might be happy picking up his massive wages for another 3yrs and decide to stay put. 

Hasn’t he also just signed another lucrative sponsorship deal too? 

Those deals would dry up if he weren’t at City. 

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Grealish might be happy picking up his massive wages for another 3yrs and decide to stay put. 

Hasn’t he also just signed another lucrative sponsorship deal too? 

Those deals would dry up if he weren’t at City. 

Those deals will also dry up if he stops getting minutes for City and England.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Oh, so one big documented sesh because they won the treble, (or whatever they were celebrating), results in this...

... it's **** mental.

"Amount of alcohol" - we have no idea how much he drinks. 

"We know about for certain" - You're killing me!

Of course we don’t know how exactly much he drinks. But we are allowed to make educated guesses from numerous (not just one) high profile drinking related incidents throughout his career 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I know through an ex Villa player that he likes a very regular drink throughout the season, and parties fairly hard in the off season.

Not saying he’s the wild man sometimes portrayed. I don’t think the Gazza, Merson, etc comparisons are at all appropriate.

But to retire in your late 30s, you usually need to take extreme care of your diet and nutrition, and he definitely isn’t living like that.

That’s part of the charm, though, and he’ll still be a decent player into his early 30s I’d imagine, unless he picks up a bad injury. A few on here engaging in spiteful wishful thinking.

There’s no denying he likes a drink. 
but that’s not just what people are talking about. People are saying he doesn’t look after himself in general. 

Apart from liking a night out every now and then I see no evidence of that

His old man will probably push for his lauded move to Spurs in the summer so he can finally play with his boyfriend Maddison.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Stevo985 said:

but that’s not just what people are talking about. People are saying he doesn’t look after himself in general. 

It’s more that to stay in the top flight into your late 30s you need to be extremely serious about looking after yourself, to an extent that would seem unhinged to your average punter.

There’s no sign at all that Grealish lives that kind of life. Nowadays even one night a week on the beers is disrupting your training / recovery enough to put you at a disadvantage.

The fact Grealish was caught on a heavy bender mid-season (a few days before a match) to the point he wasn’t even allowed into a venue, and was then dropped for a game … in his late 20s … doesn’t point to an elite level of professionalism.

I’m not saying at all that his career is just going to nosedive, but I think he is going to find it increasingly difficult when he turns 30, and will either have to make some lifestyle changes or lower his ambitions.

More of a Rooney decline than a Gazza decline, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's actually to the contrary, there's plenty of evidence that he has a PT who travels with him on holiday so he's boozing on the night and then flushing it out the next day, he's also got access to city's medical team and facility, the one thing he has got going for him is that everyone knows what he is and he'll be on a programme and diet that works around it

I'm not saying he's Ronaldo but at the same time the extent of his drinking is grossly exaggerated on here as is his lack of care 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Of course we don’t know how exactly much he drinks. But we are allowed to make educated guesses from numerous (not just one) high profile drinking related incidents throughout his career 

It isn't an 'educated guess' though mate is it, how could it possibly be? It's just a guess.

• Like 1

Â