The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The problem is when grealish was here we played to his individual strengths that isnt the case now hnder emery. We are playing collectively as a team. This is emerys show not grealishes anymore. I dont see how he will fit into our plans now. It wont be the same for him or us.

I dont think there is much more ti say about him tbh. Diabys the main man now

Diaby isn't the main man. It's as you said we have a team built to be a team, not a team built around one very talented player.

Jack was very good last season at Man City where he is surrounded by great players. He has learnt to be part of a team unit. His defensive work has improved too. Jack is an elite footballer make no mistake.

It's not about replacing Diaby with Grealish or any small time thoughts like that. It's about adding Grealish to Diaby, in the team. Anyone who says adding Grealish to what we have would not strengthen us is on crack!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant see emery wanting him at all

Well we'll have to agree to disagree, as far as I'm concerned there are very few coaches in the world that would turn their nose up at Grealish. Their isn't one player in our current squad that had done what Jack has, achieved what he has, and maybe only 2 or 3 that are near his talent level. Not one manager has claimed he is bad for morale or a poor trainer, in fact they all say the opposite.

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Day by day history gets rewritten on VT more and more

I love Diaby but this is madness

Madness why?

Diaby is part of a successful team and is vital in us moving forward. Under grealish we relied far too much on him and became a one man team.

Now diaby is a clog in a important system. If grealish came we would have to rip the whole game plan up to accommodate him.

No thank you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Madness why?

Diaby is part of a successful team and is vital in us moving forward. Under grealish we relied far too much on him and became a one man team.

Now diaby is a clog in a important system. If grealish came we would have to rip the whole game plan up to accommodate him.

No thank you

spacer.png

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because Grealish was the best player most of us have ever seen at Villa. And now we have a world class manager

Im not saying he is crap or questioning his ability. But id you give me how we were playing winning with grealish, or this with diaby being one of our main players im going with this all day!

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Madness why?

No thank you

Why would we have to rip the whole game plan up. He'd just be another cog in our well oiled machine. Irrelevant anyway!

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Summary of this thread:

He's the devil incarnate. 

He's brilliant. 

Those two aren't mutually exclusive.

Add also:

We'd take him for a fee they'd never sell him for

We'd pay him less than he'd want or could get elsewhere

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why would we have to rip the whole game plan up. He'd just be another cog in our well oiled machine. Irrelevant anyway!

because the way grealish plays dpesnt fit in unais system in my opinion 

but you are right it is irrelevant we aint resigning him and im happy about that. That ships sailed

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not saying he is crap or questioning his ability. But id you give me how we were playing winning with grealish, or this with diaby being one of our main players im going with this all day!

But we didn't have Emery when we had grealish. So why would we play the same way?

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Well we'll have to agree to disagree, as far as I'm concerned there are very few coaches in the world that would turn their nose up at Grealish. Their isn't one player in our current squad that had done what Jack has, achieved what he has, and maybe only 2 or 3 that are near his talent level. Not one manager has claimed he is bad for morale or a poor trainer, in fact they all say the opposite.

That player is named Coutinho

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

But we didn't have Emery when we had grealish. So why would we play the same way?

Grealish under us had a 'free role' we all know this smith said before he was axed. Emery wont allow that not a chance. He isnt going to do what diaby does so he cant play his role so only option would be playing him on a front left and i dont think grealish was that great there. 

He doesnt seem a emery type player to me tbh but i could be wrong. Id be shocked if hypothetically speaking citeh put him up for sale in summer if we would be interested (finances aside)

Â