The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

I wonder how much he would go for next summer. His £100m value would then be depreciated to £66m. 

How much of a loss would they take on him? Would they take a £20m hit and sell for £46m?

Could we pay that kind of fee? 

Would he take a massive wage cut? 

Would he even want to come back or take his chance at another "big" club who I'm sure would take a gamble on him. 

I backed Jack on here, it was me who said " apart from Dias who has come into Peps side and been a instant success?"

However I really think he's not bright enough to play in Pep's team. 

He currently offers very little and for me he's well below Cole in the team. Infact I'd play Gomez before him.

Sad, as I desperately wanted him to be a success, but im struggling to work out what City saw in him?

Ask villa if they want him back for 40 million

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/10-jack-grealish-2022-23-performances.355603/page-108

giphy-downsized-large.gif

For me the best current English player at running with the ball and dribbling.He has a skill that I think no other English player has and onlyGazza  was better at.

How we needed him when we played Croatia in semifinal,someone who could hold on to the ball,accept the ball whist being marked and be able to keep it and draw fouls.

But that was when Jack played for us.I wonder if he will ever rediscover that form,he is a shadow of the player who played for us.

He is at the wrong club with the wrong manager.There is a recurring theme of great players this country has produced who are never able to perform on the world stage.Southgate must be happy,he doesn’t need to pick him anymore.

26 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

How long was Zaha at united before he went back to Palace? Think it could happen with Grealish coming back here?

I think it's been mentioned on here before several times, so I'll join in. Would think Newcastle will be the most likely next destination.

3 hours ago, kevpants said:

He might get in at Liverpool as Klopp freshens up his attack. He would absolutely tear it up under Klopp. 

Better than at sideways-sideways-sideways-giveittokev FC.

Yes, he hasn't performed because of the team... Lol

Whenever people say this, I have to wonder why the other good players in the team are good?

At Villa, he could do whatever he wanted, and for the most part had shite players around him..So was easily the most eye catching player.

Some of us have always said Foden was clearly the better prospect.

What if he's a Good player, but never been as good as all the smoke blown up his arse by Villa fans blinded by the sentiment? " World Class "

I'll also be eagerly watching to see how Pogba jr Prime develops at Chelsea.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We're sad about Jack, I imagine Leicester fans feel similarly about Mahrez. Must have just gotten his first touch of the ball. Not even allowed to wander and try to get some touches. Just parked on that right touchline.

I dont feel sad for Grealish, he knew he was going to play for a boring negative manager that would ruin him

I am sad for football as thats what it is. Take the blinkers off and he is easily the best English player of last 20 years who didnt come through an academy system. 

Grealish was a maverick, a genius then he met 2 managers that killed his skills to be "better" One is a drugtaker and one is well Gareth Southgate

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont feel sad for Grealish, he knew he was going to play for a boring negative manager that would ruin him

I am sad for football as thats what it is. Take the blinkers off and he is easily the best English player of last 20 years who didnt come through an academy system. 

Grealish was a maverick, a genius then he met 2 managers that killed his skills to be "better" One is a drugtaker and one is well Gareth Southgate

Yeah I'm not sad for him, he knew what he was getting into. I'm sad for football. Was one of the few entertainers left in the game. Now he's just another android in the boring City machine. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Take the blinkers off and he is easily the best English player of last 20 years who didnt come through an academy system. 

Based on what metric?

" Easily " too... Wtf?

Again I ask, how are the other players in the team performing well? Playing " boring football for a boring Manager " etc?

I agree that City was never the right move for him and style of play but I fear we are in danger of some serious hyperbole " defending " him.

Cream rises to the top, this far, he has looked nothing but an average player in a team of good and world class players who continue to shine individually when given the opportunity.

NO top team can afford or allow any one player to just have his way with the ball and do as he pleases. Unless they are Messi, and just because Martinez once said he saw " Messi with a right foot " or something doesn't make it anywhere near true.

More effective players than him with more effective output don't even have their own way at a top team.

Do you think prime Salah would be worse  or better than him in the same " boring " Man City team? For example?

That comment is either grand delusion or massive disrespect to some outstanding English players over the last 20 years.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on what metric?

" Easily " too... Wtf?

Again I ask, how are the other players in the team performing well? Playing " boring football for a boring Manager " etc?

I agree that City was never the right move for him and style of play but I fear we are in danger of some serious hyperbole " defending " him.

Cream rises to the top, this far, he has looked nothing but an average player in a team of good and world class players who continue to shine individually when given the opportunity.

NO top team can afford or allow any one player to just have his way with the ball and do as he pleases. Unless they are Messi, and just because Martinez once said he saw " Messi with a right foot " or something doesn't make it anywhere near true.

More effective players than him with more effective output don't even have their own way at a top team.

Do you think prime Salah would be worse  or better than him in the same " boring " Man City team? For example?

That comment is either grand delusion or massive disrespect to some outstanding English players over the last 20 years.

Other than Harry Kane, I'm drawing a blank on English players who came through after 2002 that are better than him. That could just be my memory. Not sure if Rooney started before or after 2002, but he'd be there too.

It is interesting how Southgate basically sold  him to Man City for us with his nonesense about needing to be involved  in the champions league and big games! I assume he meant watching from the bench and taking in the atmosphere (I know he started last night but won’t again after that performance). The same could also be said for Phillips as well who 8 weeks before the start of the World Cup has made zero starts since joining city and probably won’t make many because he is way down the pecking order. Good stuff Gareth these players really are improving at city.

I think most people thought it was the wrong move for jack given the managers style of play but it’s embarrassing how poor he looks in this team. He looks like a competition winner or that lad that comes for a trial and gets thrown in with all the established players.

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes, he hasn't performed because of the team... Lol

Whenever people say this, I have to wonder why the other good players in the team are good?

At Villa, he could do whatever he wanted, and for the most part had shite players around him..So was easily the most eye catching player.

Some of us have always said Foden was clearly the better prospect.

What if he's a Good player, but never been as good as all the smoke blown up his arse by Villa fans blinded by the sentiment? " World Class "

I'll also be eagerly watching to see how Pogba jr Prime develops at Chelsea.

He was a great player but his end product was often lacking. Yes he scored and created a lot but those true elite players score and create more! Especially when pretty much everything goes through them. 

It cracks me up when people say City and Pep have ruined him when pretty much every other attacking player he signed has done well. Even ones they moved on like Sterling and Jesus used to smash it for City and Alvarez looks effective when plays even though never played in this league before!

But nah, it’s all Peps fault. It can be nothing to do with Jack perhaps not as good as we all though because that would mean we’d have to admit we were wrong about him.

• Like 1

Â