The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

36 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Hes gone from being the best player at one club to being somewhere about halfway down that list at his new club.

He's also trebled his wages and will win medals. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Tells you more about some on here 😉

Again the problem with the goals and assists stats are that you won't have to venture too deep in to this thread to find villa fans defending him for poor stats because he did so much more but now apparently it's a stick to beat him with because he's not our player? Doesn't sit right with me

If you were to wheel out chances created stats, carries in to the penalty box stats etc then that's different (and I honestly don't know if there is a big drop off) 

I think the difference is that now he's a 100m player who plays as a second striker a lot of the time. You kind of do expect goals and assists from someone like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Jackie "The Bench" Grealish 

I don’t care if he is happy to treble his wages and win medals… being sat on the bench as much as he has been (compared to other Man City players) this season must feel slightly mortifying for him, specially being a £100m man.

He's actually played more minutes than Mahrez, and hasn't played much less than the likes of Foden and De Bruyne, I think they've played around 200 minutes more than him so not much more than two more games worth. So it's not as if he's hardly playing relative to their other top players.

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Well he's 100% not world class this season.

His performances haven't been no, but in the right situation or whatever you want to call it, he'd still be capable of world class performances.

48 minutes ago, useless said:

He's actually played more minutes than Mahrez, and hasn't played much less than the likes of Foden and De Bruyne, I think they've played around 200 minutes more than him so not much more than two more games worth. So it's not as if he's hardly playing relative to their other top players.

He gets all his minutes against lower PL teams or when the game is already won

its a short career - he won’t get this time back sitting around on the bench

Peps reluctance to trust him will also put an England starting spot back

Sad

Â