The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I still find it hard to believe so many players would be on coke and get away with it.  I know a former Brighton player who has a shitload of hippy crack cannisters in his house and it's pretty widespread.  That said I have no real idea what any of it does to the body and sportsmen in particular.

• Like 1

I’d definitely say this is all pure speculation and folks aren’t reacting to any genuine proof re the drug rumours and grealish so of course there’s a chance they’re wrong.

but two facts spring to mind. 1.) drug use is rife in football according to everything we hear; 2.) jack gets up to more off field antics than most players. It’s really not that much of a leap to infer 3.) that jack probably uses

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If in the summer you were offered 67 million plus Coutinho for Grealish would you have accepted it?

If you remember this summer before he left, we almost universally agreed that we wouldn't sell him for anyone, not even prime Neymar. Never has a player been put on a pedestal and worshipped by an entire fanbase like Jack was, with the exception of Messi at Barca. He was utterly priceless to us.

I think about that and wonder if he really knew. I can't imagine anybody giving that up for anything, even trophies and glory.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

If you remember this summer before he left, we almost universally agreed that we wouldn't sell him for anyone, not even prime Neymar. Never has a player been put on a pedestal and worshipped by an entire fanbase like Jack was, with the exception of Messi at Barca. He was utterly priceless to us.

I think about that and wonder if he really knew. I can't imagine anybody giving that up for anything, even trophies and glory.

If he stayed, with this ownership, he'd have had a statue outside the ground less than five years after he retired.

• Like 2

I honestly thought that him leaving us would make him change his ways a bit and look at the likes of De Bruyne and how he (seemingly) behaves in order to join that elite level of player. It has actually made him worse. Now I don’t know if that is because his actions are being tracked more because he is a city player, or whether we at Aston Villa were much better at keeping him on a slightly better pathway. 

Either way, it’s not great. It’s a shame because he was such a good player to watch when he was here. Now he’s a shadow of what he was, all within six or seven months. But, he’s earning a lot more than what he was here, and he is probably going to get a Premier League winners medal, so, does he care? Unfortunately, I don’t think he does. 

Edited by Tayls

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If he stayed, with this ownership, he'd have had a statue outside the ground less than five years after he retired.

I get the feeling that regardless of what he thinks right now, after he's retired he'll look back on his decision to leave with regret. Some things are worth more than money and plastic trophies in the long run.

• Like 3

Just catching up on this thread, Jacky boy sure has got himself into some trouble. He’s always been prone to it but it looks like it’s getting worse now he’s in Manchester and probably not getting the same protections that he got at Villa. 

It does make me laugh to see how many of you are so sure he’s a coke head, purely because of the lollipop. I’m not saying he isn’t, but you can’t call sucking a lollipop, proof. I understand why you’d think it, but as someone who was addicted to coke for many years I can honestly say I’ve never seen anyone pop a lollipop in their gob to stop themselves gurning. That said, I’m 41 now and the youth of today do loads of shit that I don’t understand. 

He seems to be following the Conor Mcgregor lifestyle path to self destruction after making himself a star though I will say he is nowhere near the asshole levels of Mcgregor 

Edited by Zatman

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It stops you gurning chap, it also stops people noticing you've had a bit of charles. If you have ever had a lollypop while drunk, you'll know, it ain't best practice.

...and sometimes its just a lollipop!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It stops you gurning chap, it also stops people noticing you've had a bit of charles. If you have ever had a lollypop while drunk, you'll know, it ain't best practice.

Ive never seen or heard of anyone having a lollipop to stop gurning after a bit of Charlie. Mdma maybe, I get that. But Coke? Nah. 

Decent coke doesn't make you gurn anyways and I doubt he'd be buying cheap stuff :D

Who knows if he does like a sesh on the packet. You’d think footballers who are subject to random testing maybe wouldnt chance it knowing their career could be ended if caught. However there was a lot of talk circulating when he smashed his car up (by Bluenoses, granted) that there was visible coke in the console inside.

I remember also thinking at the time of us beating Derby in the playoffs, he was uploading his progress a day, and 2 days after of the celebrations “still going”. I know first hand you cannot just drink and stay up for 2/3 days straight without adding a certain stimulant, you’d simply end up crashing out. 

• Like 1

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Who knows if he does like a sesh on the packet. You’d think footballers who are subject to random testing maybe wouldnt chance it knowing their career could be ended if caught. However there was a lot of talk circulating when he smashed his car up (by Bluenoses, granted) that there was visible coke in the console inside.

I remember also thinking at the time of us beating Derby in the playoffs, he was uploading his progress a day, and 2 days after of the celebrations “still going”. I know first hand you cannot just drink and stay up for 2/3 days straight without adding a certain stimulant, you’d simply end up crashing out. 

Mentioned a few pages back the Daryl Murphy case. You only get a short term ban for recreational drugs and the FA dont announce it to the public. 

He is not the only player rumoured similar, was a Liverpool player a few seasons back who the Liverpool fans suspected due to his mysterious injuries 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said it last week, we sound like noses

They bitterly spouted this shit for years 

1) There was plenty of talk of him allegedly taking drugs when he played for us even a massive couple of months of him being the sleeping drug culprit a year or so ago so nothing has changed

2) talking about this when it has surrounded him for years, I can’t see how that this sounds like the noses because it’s discussing (yes with a bias) a situation with our ex player not about him leaving but his continuing exploits.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mentioned a few pages back the Daryl Murphy case. You only get a short term ban for recreational drugs and the FA dont announce it to the public. 

He is not the only player rumoured similar, was a Liverpool player a few seasons back who the Liverpool fans suspected due to his mysterious injuries 

When did that start? I remember Mutu at Chelsea & Rio Ferdinand before getting done for it

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said it last week, we sound like noses

They bitterly spouted this shit for years 

I'd say some are worse than noses. They are revelling in it.

No wonder Villa fans are known as being ridiculously fickle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

When did that start? I remember Mutu at Chelsea & Rio Ferdinand before getting done for it

Last 4/5 years I think. Reading further Berahino failed a drugs test at West Brom and they leaked it right after they sold him to Stoke 😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Last 4/5 years I think. Reading further Berahino failed a drugs test at West Brom and they leaked it right after they sold him to Stoke 😂😂

Remember that big Czech striker they had too, Roman Bednar got suspended or sacked after being caught buying weed and coke on camera. Dont blame him really, youd need something turning up at that dump everyday 

Â