The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

43 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Roy Keane commented on his Dad? Be interested to see that if there's any quotes.

It was from 2014 when Grealish was deciding for England over Ireland. I think Keane was also still our assistant at the time while Ireland assistant. 

Pretty much called him an egomaniac

Edited by Zatman
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

quickly realising that his new fans don't see him as one of their own

does this in brum whilst playing for us, does a villa fan take videos and plaster it all over social media? possibly, but less likely

his mates who he was out with in brum happily plastered it all over social media...

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

his mates who he was out with in brum happily plastered it all over social media...

i dont remember many incidents at all from his time here where he was filmed and put on social media. couple of bits and pieces when he was younger, sure, but definitely seems like a lot more crap about his private life plus videos etc get leaked since his move.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i dont remember many incidents at all from his time here where he was filmed and put on social media. couple of bits and pieces when he was younger, sure, but definitely seems like a lot more crap about his private life plus videos etc get leaked since his move.

there was the holiday ko'd in the street, the balloon party and the 5 ways hotel party just off the top of my head, that was his mates

then you add barkleys birthday, the photo with the er...voluptuous woman, all the playoff party stuff, loads of Dubai and Mykonos stuff post season some of which he put on himself, the drink driving photos, the mcginn wednesday night club or whatever it was

the idea that he didnt do it at villa or that smith protected him i just dont agree, he's doing the exact same as he's always done

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

there was the holiday ko'd in the street, the balloon party and the 5 ways hotel party just off the top of my head, that was his mates

then you add barkleys birthday, the photo with the er...voluptuous woman, all the playoff party stuff, loads of Dubai and Mykonos stuff post season some of which he put on himself, the drink driving photos, the mcginn wednesday night club or whatever it was

the idea that he didnt do it at villa or that smith protected him i just dont agree, he's doing the exact same as he's always done

i didn't mean that he wasn't doing it at villa, all i meant was that his activities seem to be much more 'public' now

i just think when he did this crap in his own city, where he was loved by many more people, his activites had less chance of being leaked, that's all. there appears to be more of a target on him now

Just now, tomav84 said:

i didn't mean that he wasn't doing it at villa, all i meant was that his activities seem to be much more 'public' now

i just think when he did this crap in his own city, where he was loved by many more people, his activites had less chance of being leaked, that's all. there appears to be more of a target on him now

id argue that its because no one cared...its not news because he wasnt a national media level player

now he obviously is, England and man city's jack grealish stories sell copies of the sun, aston villa's jack grealish struggles to shift copies of the brum mail

says more about the media coverage of the 2 clubs than it does about grealish 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

id argue that its because no one cared...its not news because he wasnt a national media level player

now he obviously is, England and man city's jack grealish stories sell copies of the sun, aston villa's jack grealish struggles to shift copies of the brum mail

says more about the media coverage of the 2 clubs than it does about grealish 

I agree, the £100m price tag, being a favourite with the England fans during the summer, he is now a far higher profile person than he was when he started to produce the form for us in the Championship and then the PL. This higher profile will inevitably lead to more people in the general public knowing who he is and taking notice of him if he is out and about. He was probably was just the same when at Villa, it was mainly just small heath fans posting about his shenanigans online that he had to watch out for, and we know there aren't many of those about.

I mean, with regard to the video, i’ve been much, much drunker while out on the town, but then I’m not a top athlete, would never try and drive afterwards, and never start fights. Point is…..I have no idea what point i’m making. 

Â