The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

add barkley to that. started well, had a few nights out with grealish, went to shit

i'm massively jumping to conclusions here, i know

Barkley is an enigma but an example of the club putting Jack above all else - yes, he chipped in with some crucial goals - but more often, he wasn’t fully fit or a passenger. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah mate... some still maintain that he was sober on the morning he was playing bumper cars with the neighbors outside McCormacks in 1 slipper. lol

He was just " tired " . Seems to get " tired " alot. lol

I'm still stunned by the lengths people went to defend his actions that day.

• Thanks 1

He’s not the messiah.

Simon Jordan is spot on there. A lot of the stuff that has been commented on has been pretty silly up until now - his romantic life is his business and his only - but if he wants to make choices that do affect his performances and career then he’ll have to accept the consequences in a way he’s not really had to before, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that. He’s at the age now and has had the life changing move that he really should know better.

If this doesn’t get through to him then I’m not sure anything will and this will be the peak of his trajectory, which to be fair isn’t half bad.

55 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Makes you wonder how many Recovery sessions he rocked up to off his head when he was with us…

Also might be why now that his bad influence has gone that we are seeing a sharper McGinn. 

That’s a really good shout.

8 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

He will get his act together and he will be a success, he’s a snake, but he’s potentially world class.

He is 26 though its not potential anymore, he really should be hitting his peak now

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is 26 though its not potential anymore, he really should be hitting his peak now

It’s the same lame rationale that Jack needs a season to adjust - you don’t spend that money without an instant return 

23 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

He will get his act together and he will be a success

Two separate things…his past suggests he won’t get his act together.  As for being a success that may or may not be linked to that.  

I think he’s gone to a club that he’ll earn lots of money and win a lot of medals but i don’t think he’s gone to a club that suits his football style and imo he won’t achieve his football ability peak.  

So if success is medals and money then yes he’ll be a success, if it also means to do with his football ability then I’m not convinced and so far he’s been below average for City.  His off the field exploits seems like affecting this as well.

Pep was so unhappy he still named them in the match day squad versus Newcastle.  Grealish has always been the media's whipping boy. At least he is getting 300k a week to make it worthwhile. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Pep was so unhappy he still named them in the match day squad versus Newcastle.  Grealish has always been the media's whipping boy. At least he is getting 300k a week to make it worthwhile. 

Neither came on so may be something in it. He could do what he wanted at Villa off the field and still be captain playing every minute. Wont be the same now.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â