The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Honestly I think you'd have to be pretty dumb to think this is an easy decision

Or course it’s an easy decision…

Stay at Villa… the club you support, the club your grandad played at, the club your whole family supports, the club you’re the captain for and a hero at

or move to Man City… potentially a bit part player… and live in the shithole that is Manchester, surrounded by people with ridiculous accents

• Like 1

Just dropping this here in case anybody forgot what he said on this matter 10 months ago. I can't see how anything would have changed in this time. In fact since then, we went from a team that survived on the last day, to one that finished the season on 55 points, as well as broken our transfer record for the second time in 10 months.

• Like 4

No idea if he's staying or going 

But I do know winning even just the League Cup as Villa Captain would mean more to me than any number of Champions League winner medals with anyone else. 

I hope Jack feels the same. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

As others have said, its possible there may be some agreement between Villa, City and Jack that means he leaves next summer... a gentlemen's agreement if you wish. That gives us time to plan what to do with the money and Jack gets to play in front of a packed VP for another season. This pre-season already feels too late now to lose him, due to the Euros etc. Maybe, i dunno! 

Can't see it. They want him, they want him now. Player who gets his shins kicked to bits. They aren't waiting a year.

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I'm sticking to my guns. He's not leaving, and he'd never, ever force a move.

Now **** belt up.

I hope you are right. You have been my biggest critic over the past few days, as quite clearly I’m in the ‘he’s pi££ing off’ camp. But I would like to believe that he would stay. 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

What gets clouded in this is when there's an argument that an elite player like Grealish might feel he's at a stage where he wants to challenge for titles, the counter argument is " ah but he's a villa fan ". Yeah, and..? He's also an elite professional footballer that wants to go right to the top.

You're right, but I don't think he'd kick off to leave. We're not run by Doug anymore... with Yorke, we couldn't afford to let an asset like that sit in the reserves. We're now run by proper businessmen, who are billionaires. 

Ultimately, what i'm trying to say badly, is that if Jack was to go, it would be because we agreed to let him go and the deal worked for us as well... not that he forced it and we had no choice, which was what the Yorke sale was. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not I

I'm grateful for what he has given us. Sure I want more. But if he decides to go to perform on the highest stage good luck to him.

Yes I’d hate to lose him but I’d understand why and wish him all the best - not against us tho 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

I think He will if city pay £100m sadly  Which I’m sure city have known for a while 

We won't sell for £100m and he won't force a move. We would have to say to him we want the money and £100m is not going to get him, £150m would be a difficult  sum to turn down but even then our owners are determined  not to have the heart of team and the progress we have made destroyed  for a sum that's less than they have already invested.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Its more likely we just tell them to get ****.

We don't have to compromise with these crooks. It's less than 6 months since they tried to screw the league over, and they've wiped their arse with the rules. Don't deal with them. Not under any circumstances.

Best use of voicemail ever!

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I hope you are right. You have been my biggest critic over the past few days, as quite clearly I’m in the ‘he’s pi££ing off’ camp. But I would like to believe that he would stay. 

I'm not critical of you. At least not deliberately. I'd just say relax and see what happens. I don't know what will happen but my instincts say he's staying. And all the so called smoke and noise is just that at the moment.

• Like 1

He's worth far more to us than £100m, which isn't even *that* much these days. The board will recognise this better than anyone and the kind of money he brings into the club off of sheer marketing alone.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

We won't sell for £100m and he won't force a move. We would have to say to him we want the money and £100m is not going to get him, £150m would be a difficult  sum to turn down but even then our owners are determined  not to have the heart of team and the progress we have made destroyed  for a sum that's less than they have already invested.

I believe there is a clause or city would not even be pursuing him as they know villa would not sell - as per Percy article on page 2700 he believes  there to be a release clause and so do many other journalists .

without a clause city wouldn’t even be after him 

Edited by Eastie

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He's worth far more to us than £100m, which isn't even *that* much these days. The board will recognise this better than anyone and the kind of money he brings into the club off of sheer marketing alone.

And what if he wants to leave ?

Â