The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm a little worried. A lot of noise is starting to be made. 

I think it’s just City trying to apply pressure letting people know they are trying to make contact.  Still nothing to see here!

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

As was the case with Delph, a player signing a new contract just before leaving is all about helping your current club out by ensuring they get the maximum price for his move. It is not necessarily about pledging allegiance to anybody. 

Personally I would never ever compare Jack situation with Delph although I get the gist of your point about the value of new contracts.

• Like 1

Newsflash

Jack Grealish to Man City has legs and Jack is demanding £400k pw contract and a 40 year deal, 10% pay rise yearly. He is demanding to return to Villa for 8 years on loan immediately and they will pay 5% of his salary and receive 50% of any marketing revenue generated from Jack.

This is genuine, our source is Ernie the fastest milkman in the West.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

I got a sneaky feeling he has a release clause and it's less than  £100m around £85m -£90m it might be specific to Champions League clubs. If that's the case then that'll be the first bit of weakness on the part of NSWE. 

That can't be allowed to happen again.

It's just a hunch.

Not a chance it's that low if it exists.

Normally if there is a release club doesn't the interested party just lodge a bid at that value?

53 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Not officially, I guess, but there is a ridiculous amount of smoke at the moment. The fire will undoubtedly follow soon. 

Yes, it will be many people's pants!

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

99% of it is just guesses or quoting each other.  Most aren’t even consistent with each other.  Quantity doesn’t mean quality.

Fair comment. I’m just hoping that this is only speculation. I guess we’ll find out in the next few days..

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Entirely absent from all coverage is NSWE - I think they are about to take centre stage. 

This. He's staying. This is where we show the entire **** world the Lion is roaring again. 

• Like 4

Romano is full of rubbish - he’s claiming on one hand we offered Jack a new deal, and on the other, that we’d be offering a deal if negotiations with City breakdown. He’s hedging his bets. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

No we do not. Surely you know by now the player has all the power. He will just refuse to play if it comes down to it. And spare me the he loves the club line. Ultimately it's just a job to him, and a business decision. Whichever option he chooses 

If he refuses to play we can stick him in u23s for 4 years. See what that does for his "dream" move to city in 2025.

*Of course this won't happen, but "player holding all the cards is bullshit if there is a contract in place

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

200 posts since I went to sleep. Any actual news or people still freaking out about smoke and fire

Jacks shins are crocked, he's an average player worth less then 90m, heck, Sterling is a better player. A portion of our fans think he's right to consider furthering his career with an enemy organisation. Its definitely happening but never will and he's staying but probably leaving. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He really shouldn't even be in this position if I'm honest, and it's kind of disappointing that we have to go through this whole song and dance every summer. If you sign a 5 year deal, we shouldn't even be hearing anything for at least 2 years.

I don’t know why people keep referring to this as though he has done a bad thing.

The new 5 year deal protected our potential selling fee, and in return he got a pay rise.

We have no idea what the terms of the contract are, but I for one feel indebted to him for signing that contract when he could have just let it just run it’s course and walked away for free.

The length of the remaining contract is factored into the transfer fee.

If a player with 5 years left on his contract is worth £100m, the same player with 1 year left on his contract and looking to move will be worth £30m.

He did villa a huge favour by signing that contract, can we please stop bringing it up like it’s some daggers in the dark bullshit.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Jacks shins are crocked, he's an average player worth less then 90m, heck, Sterling is a better player. A portion of our fans think he's right to consider furthering his career with an enemy organisation. Its definitely happening but never will and he's staying but probably leaving. 

That’s the spirit, you’ve cheered me up 😀

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Romano is full of rubbish - he’s claiming on one hand we offered Jack a new deal, and on the other, that we’d be offering a deal if negotiations with City breakdown. He’s hedging his bets. 

Just how reliable is he? On Twitter he’s being talked about as some sort of transfer oracle. Since when does any football journo actually know what’s going on with these deals? I’ve not worked with one who I would trust to get a scoop more than 24 hours before a transfer is announced. In my experience as a reporter you might find out first but only when it’s at the point it’s not going to fall through. 

29 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

No we do not. Surely you know by now the player has all the power. He will just refuse to play if it comes down to it. And spare me the he loves the club line. Ultimately it's just a job to him, and a business decision. Whichever option he chooses 

Come on Pissflaps. I expected better from you. He will refuse to play for his boyhood club? He will refuse to play when he needs to have a good season to get into the England camp for the World cup? Nah!

Â