The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I wouldn't have begrudged him going last year, but this year it feels like we could push on. I'm still traumatised by the Xia days to have faith he could be replaced by 2 50 mil players or more likely 3 30 mil level.

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The fact that the club have offered him a new contract and he still haven't signed is a bad sign.

It means he is considering his options, and we don't like that. As Villa fans we'd like to think this would be an easy decision for him. But it clearly is not.

Lots of rather large leaps there!

Whatever outcome is concluded and I hope jack stays by the way nothing that comes from this if he leaves in in spite of fan.

Release clause- not confirmed but if this does exist if triggered it's upto jack the club cannot do anymore apart from offer the new contract to stop it.

If it dosnt exist we hold all the cards.

Jack- if he's money driven he joins city. I don't think he is due to his love for Aston VIlla it's well documented and should our hero leave I know some will think he betrayed us he will still love aston villa.

I think the key to this situation is if jack leaves we will  e at a huge disadvantage our club will need to invest,battling against over inflated prices.

I trust our owners and management level to sort us out regardless if he stays or goes. The owners have spent a fortune and to not fix our club and correct it with new players if jack leaves is not going to happen these guys mean business.

UTV

Is it even remotely possible that both Jack and the club knows he's staying, but they are just letting this drag on just to troll and feck with City and the media?

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

Whatever outcome is concluded and I hope jack stays by the way nothing that comes from this if he leaves in in spite of fan.

Release clause- not confirmed but if this does exist if triggered it's upto jack the club cannot do anymore apart from offer the new contract to stop it.

If it dosnt exist we hold all the cards.

Jack- if he's money driven he joins city. I don't think he is due to his love for Aston VIlla it's well documented and should our hero leave I know some will think he betrayed us he will still love aston villa.

I think the key to this situation is if jack leaves we will  e at a huge disadvantage our club will need to invest,battling against over inflated prices.

I trust our owners and management level to sort us out regardless if he stays or goes. The owners have spent a fortune and to not fix our club and correct it with new players if jack leaves is not going to happen these guys mean business.

UTV

IMO it's wrong to say man City is just because he's money driven 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

A lot of you guys are holding back, because it’s ‘cooler’ right now to be chill about it. Don’t get me wrong, Football doesn’t have that much of a hold on my life that it needs to dictate my feelings, however I can be annoyed by situations such as this Grealish saga. 

It frustrates me that this always happens. We are not allowed to progress with our best players. We might as well just have owners who are happy to sail through each season and try to survive in the league like most of the others seem to. 

Call it what you want, but I’m not thing more than a little frustrated by the events that are, seemingly, unfolding. It may not happen of course, but it’s hard to see anything other than a Grealish departure. 

I get your frustration, but I’m also confident the club will progress regardless. Even if we end up stalling this season as a result. Hence my “chill”.

I’ll be annoyed at Jack, but what am I gonna do about it other than have a good moan? Nothing really. So que sera

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There’s far too much smoke now from reliable journalists, suggesting Grealish wants the move, to ignore.

Name one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Completely different. Man City are a whole different animal to us trying to sign an Arsenal player. 

We need this done by Monday so we can move on. Might be an idea for the club to get a wriggle on with their signings because a lot of players who may have wanted to join us this week, might not next week. 

I meant believing it going to happen thus bidding.  Not about club sizes

Just now, a-k said:

Is it even remotely possible that both Jack and the club knows he's staying, but they are just letting this drag on just to troll and feck with City and the media?

I think it's simply he's agreed a new deal, but IF Citeh come in with a stupid offer he will leave. If not, that deal gets signed.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There’s far too much smoke now from reliable journalists, suggesting Grealish wants the move, to ignore. No matter what happens from here, the gloss has worn off him a touch.

Obviously I still want him to stay, he’s a magnificent player, but he doesn’t really feel like ‘one of our own’ anymore, which is a shame.

£100m is too low in my opinion, unless it is the release clause. Either way, if that’s the price we’re looking for they can either pay up or **** off. And I hope we get it resolved quickly.

He's intimated at least twice before that he had his head turned towards other teams. We've known he wasn't a Villa lifer per se, he is a professional after all. He's always been open to the option of moving elsewhere to win things. The difference between him and other players who don't have any affinity for the club is that he didn't leave at the first time of asking. His head was turned, but he still ultimately stayed. Ironically he's in the exact same position he was this time last year, where his head was turned by a far inferior team let's be fair. Wouldn't hold it against him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

IMO it's wrong to say man City is just because he's money driven 

Sorry of course the trophies but I meant regarding wages they could.pay him as opposed to what we could apologies

Just now, a-k said:

Yes

Said before Villa / grelaish / city trending on social media will be spun in to marketing opportunities 

None of us have any reason to stop it

Can't wait for purslow to waltz in to nikes office with graphs of Internet traffic for "Aston villa" and demand £40m a year for our kit deal 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He’s gone mate will go up to Manchester Sunday, photos etc Monday. There’s a £100m clause his agents have done us dirty. No way NSWE would have accepted a fee as they don’t want to sell, this is a gut punch for the project. Sadly the clubs hands are tied this is all camp Grealish. That’s all lies he may well be a fan but his price is cheap he’s a snake

giphy.gif

• Like 2

There’s some real nonsense being spouted on here today. Who the hell do you think our owners are? I totally trust them to get this right, which almost certainly means Jack is going nowhere. Man City can fawn after him as much as they like. Nas, Wes and Purslow have got this! End of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

Sorry of course the trophies but I meant regarding wages they could.pay him as opposed to what we could apologies

I think it's the marketing more than anything else, I can see him being fast tracked to one of the biggest names in football with that spotlight on him 

Aston Villa's Jack grealish won't make it on to a Pepsi can 

Edited by villa4europe

Just now, Mazrim said:

Name one.

I mean aside from Ashley Preece, they’re all saying the same thing aren’t they. I suppose Fabrizio is the pick of the bunch so far. Plus I have my own ITK, which I trust.

Essentially it’s just, like, my opinion man. 

25 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Just because there's a release clause (or gentleman's agreement) doesn't mean there's no room for negotiations. Transfer fees are normally amortized over the lifetime of a player's contract. Similarly the fee is generally paid in multiple installments. Occasionally clubs who have a player with a release clause make it difficult for the buying club by demanding the entire fee up front, making it tricky to navigate FFP. Jack can go for £100m. It's a matter of whether City are willing to pay it (and potentially how it's structured)

They won’t want to pay upfront it’s our last hope, I hope we play hardball

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

There's a release clause, but there's no way NWSE would have accepted a fee. Make it make sense.

NSWE (typo originally) don’t want to sell, our hands are tied because there is a clause. 

18 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

How do release clauses work in terms of the structure of the payment? Could we say that the release clause is only triggered IF the the structure of the deal is what we want? (ie, 80% of the fee upfront and the rest in instalments or whatever). Or is it a case if the fee is hit regardless of the structure it has to be accepted? 

We will demand it upfront as we look to reinvest I’d hope 

10 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Theres never been a player quite as universally loved as Jack. Truly unique. Players do come and go but none like this. He has defined an era of hope, restoration and we were hoping it would go beyond that to perhaps some form of glory. City have ruined is before, if it happens again after all that heartache getting back to this point it will be pure despair. Thats the truth. Jack gives us a reason to be optimistic and we know we can hold our own again in this league because of him. Without him, we look a different side and im sick of City dropping £60m on every player 20 times over so that they can have a bench worth half a billion every week. Then they can just take our favourite son for £100m on top of that, all whilst under a ridiculous ffp investigation when the whole world knows they’ve cooked all their books. Laughable really but it does make you think whats the bloody point

Well said that’s what I’m sad about really it’s the gut punch we’ll all feel over it. But don’t let this tarnish NSWE they’ve been robbed here by . Stella

9 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Man City wouldn't be wasting there time bidding if Jack wanted to stay......

I will be disappointed in him if he goes this summer when he could have given fans a season to see him at Villa Park in the flesh so to speak.

Why do Man City think a decision will be made quickly?

Pre agreed I’ve said this personal terms are done has been for months. Camp Grealish say they’re a Villa family but they sold us about long ago

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Lets not start this snake stuff, if it were about money he wouldn't bother moving.

If he leaves it will be to improve himself and win things.

But he did literally sign a 5 year contact less than a year ago and said he saw his future here. My City, my club, my home.

I wouldn't go down the snake route but it would make those words seem dishonest now if he left so soon after.

• Like 1

What's there to say? If they're trying to open negotiations with us then they're not activating a release clause, if one exists. If so then we'll just say no.

Even if Jack was desperate to leave, what's he going to do? Go on strike? He's not going to get a massive money move next season if he tries that.

Â