The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I know at times Villa play Jack as a midfield player – that is not as I see him in the way we play.

"So with us he would be a wide player or a 10, and at the moment I think we have gotplayers who deserve to be in just ahead of him."

So Jack just HAS to play AM/CM this season just to prove Southgate wrong.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Greenwood has been good, but he doesn't get in ahead of Jack as a wide player. Doesn't matter where he played, he's been one of the best English players this year.

I think Southgate is being a worm and using his position as an excuse. If anything, him being able to cover multiple positions is a good thing for the squad. What's the point of having Winks when Grealish is the better player, and can also push for a starting spot on the wing/as a #10? He's lying.

Exactly, Southgate is inventing a transparently false excuse. He is just a piss poor manager.

• Like 3

We all moan when England pick the supposed best players and have no shape, rhythm or cohesion and look worse as a team for it. But we also moan when there is no plan b.

Trying to play devil's advocate here...Taking his performances this year he has to be considered a left winger. Compared with whoever is in the squad and expected to play in that position,  how do his stats compare?

If he wouldnt displace whoever that is in the first 11, has he performed better than the next best option on the bench?

If his stats are better then either, then its a farce he has not been included (it is a farce)..

Failing either of the above two criteria, you could extrapolate his performances in the championship as an ACM, and compare him with who has been picked there.  In this scenario,  his stats definitely outweigh what Southgate has selected, so maybe you temper his stats based on the fact he got them playing largely on the left or they were achieved in that position in a lower league... But then his stats still outperform Mr Winks, who has achieved precisely nothing in his very limited playing time this season.

It cant be a villa grudge (he picked Mings), it can't be a hooligan thing (he picked Maguire and Walker).

Sooo it can only be concluded that Southgate has a personal vendetta against him? It is so truly bizarre. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

What do you mean saying, we, Denmark, are boring as hell? You clearly hasn’t watched us play

Oh I have - I'm from Ireland (not much better as far as the excitement or quality goes) so I've seen approximately 6/7? games between Ireland and Denmark in the last 3 years. It's long diagonal balls (albeit accurate) from Kjaer to the big lad up front (Cornelius) and then hoping Eriksen and Poulsen produce a bit of magic. It's marginally better than Ireland but exciting it is not.

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Looks like the Dr is back and has posted one of his criptic tweets about Southgate. Not sure exactly what it means but sure someone on here can work it out?

🛎 🔚

Dr. X needs to take a short break from speaking about Villa. Maybe twenty years or so.

23 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

This seems like a complete rehash of what he said last time, the fact he mentions CHO also makes me this is made up. Not seen these quotes anywhere else and I doubt "Goal.com" have any sort of England exclusives. This isn't legit in my opinion

This has shown up Southgate for the hippocrite he clearly is. Talk about one rule for one one for another! Half of those players he quotes as being ahead of Jack are not as good as him & the others maybe on par.

Poor management for me on his part sending out ambiguous messages like this.

6 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

This seems like a complete rehash of what he said last time, the fact he mentions CHO also makes me this is made up. Not seen these quotes anywhere else and I doubt "Goal.com" have any sort of England exclusives. This isn't legit in my opinion

Quite a few sources are going with it - apparently he said it on BBC radio 5 live:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/uk-sports/2020/08/25/jack-grealish-missed-out-due-to-competition-for-places-explains-gareth-southgate/

Assume it is OK until proven otherwise😉

18 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Come on mate. There are plenty of things to criticize GS on, but not this. We all need a treat occasionally

A treat?????? At 4am on a sunday after 6 litres of scrumpy its a **** necessity for me champ...

• Haha 2

I feel so strongly about Jack’s exclusion. It is truly ridiculous and unfounded. Most of the players in that squad are not fit to lace his boots. I always liked the Gate but I am starting to really dislike the bloke. I am in shock! 

Gate out!

• Like 1

Â